Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2016, 02:25 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
These are all examples of looking at pro and con as you suggested. Of course, placing these on the level of their converse is ridiculous and shouldn't be taught, as ridiculous as creationism which shouldn't be taught. When something is empirically proven, teaching the opposing hypothesis is a waste of time.

Because you weren't able to gleam the point from my previous post does help explain your beliefs.
But it has never been empirically proven that all life on earth came from the single celled organism.
Just the fact that you emphatically believe evolution is empirically proven just proves my point that you are brainwashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2016, 02:30 PM

From my link formerly provided:

Quote:
Fallacy #3: Evidence denial

Because there is so much uncooperative data, evolutionary expectations have become quite flexible. In fact, sometimes it is difficult to identify just what constitutes the expected evolutionary pattern. In the fossil record, for instance, increasing complexity, decreasing complexity, rapid appearance, trees, bushes, diversity explosions, stasis for eons can all fit within evolution's broad and flexible imagination of what natural forces can do. Therefore, when evolutionists find great significant in evidences that fulfill some particular evolutionary pattern, they are ignoring the many other patterns that evolution also expects.

Evolutionists consistently make eye-brow raising claims. Evolution, they say, is a fact beyond any shadow of a doubt, as obvious as gravity, and so forth. These claims are perceived to have the full faith and backing of modern science. But they do not. Behind such unbelievable claims is, not surprisingly, any number of logical fallacies that cannot stand up to even modest scrutiny.
To read more fallacies regarding evolution, please go here: Darwin's God: The Three Fallacies of Evolution

Old 06-25-2016, 02:38 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
For Eusebius and other Bible literalists what we consider EDUCATION is what they consider brainwashing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Not all education is brainwashing. But I do find it sometimes takes years to undo a lot of the damage done to children who turn into adults by our education system as it regards the brainwashing by means of the teaching of the philosophy of evolution. Just look at many of you posters in this thread. No matter how logical I am, it is not that you just refuse to see the logic of Creationism, but it is that you just can't see it due to the thorough brainwashing. I have to hand it to the education system regarding the teaching of evolution. They are very very good at how they teach that philosophy and brainwash children and adults without them even knowing they are being brainwashed. But once you've seen the truth, it all is easily seen.
QED! You retain a totally impossible ignorance regarding what is and what is not possible because you THINK your God can do anything, even if it violates the very physical and spiritual laws that exist by His Sovereign Will. You do not seem to see the absurdity of such a belief and are therefore unreachable with anything remotely resembling reason.

Old 06-25-2016, 02:41 PM

Evolution is being found to be more screwed up than ever before:

" Reviewing the fossil and molecular data, one evolutionist explained that there is no sequential appearance of the major animal groups “from simpler to more complex phyla, as would be predicted by the classical evolutionary model.” (Sherman) And as one team of evolutionists concluded, “comparative genomics has confirmed a lesson from paleontology: Evolution does not proceed monotonically from the simpler to the more complex.” (Kurland)"

https://sites.google.com/site/darwin...ler-structures

If you don't see the above as another nail in the coffin of evolution, you are brainwashed.

Last edited by Eusebius; 06-25-2016 at 02:50 PM..

Old 06-25-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
QED! You retain a totally impossible ignorance regarding what is and what is not possible because you THINK your God can do anything, even if it violates the very physical and spiritual laws that exist by His Sovereign Will. You do not seem to see the absurdity of such a belief and are therefore unreachable with anything remotely resembling reason.
There you have it folks, an excellent case of brainwashing. You see, he can't see what is so obviously wrong with evolution. And so he actually believes he can put the blame back on me. Such a pity.

Old 06-25-2016, 02:51 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Yes, just look at yourself and your posts for evolution. They are proof of brainwashing.
You apparently don't even understand what brainwashing means.

Brainwashing: make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.

My posts about Evolution are based on the evidence and understanding I have. No one systematically pressured or forcefully pressured me to"believe" in anything...which is exactly what your fundamental version of the religion you follow has done to you.

You are a farce and everything you post is ignoramus brainwashing that you were pressured to believe by your religion.

You won't be able to post credible evidence because there is none. Just like we ask you to post credible evidence for all the other ignoramus things you say and you can never deliver.

Not sure why you even post in this forum if you don't understand Evolution and you have no supporting evidence for anything that you claim? This behavior makes you look rather ignoramus.

Old 06-25-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You apparently don't even understand what brainwashing means.

Brainwashing: make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure.

My posts about Evolution are based on the evidence and understanding I have. No one systematically or pressured me or forced me to "believe" in anything...which is exactly what your fundamental version of the religion you follow has done to you.

You are a farce and everything you post is ignoramus opinion.

You won't be able to post credible evidence because there is none. Just like we ask you to post credible evidence for all the other ignoramus things you say and you can never deliver.

Not sure why you even post in this forum if you don't understand Evolution and you have no supporting evidence for anything that you claim? This behavior makes you look rather ignoramus.
If you read my recent links you will see you don't have evidence.

You see, you have no evidence that evolution went from simple to more complex. No, none. My links from evolutionists back this up. Yet you can't see it because you were brainwashed into believing in evolution. And no, brainwashing does not have to be forced by pressure. But in school evolution is taught in a setting where students feel the need to "fit in" or else. And so they don't buck the system. So, in that sense it is forced.

The real ignoramus is one who THINKS they have proof all life on earth evolved from the single celled organism to more complex life when in fact it has not and there is no proof it has. Such ones have been fooled.

Last edited by Eusebius; 06-25-2016 at 03:47 PM..

Old 06-25-2016, 03:41 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Evolution is being found to be more screwed up than ever before:

" Reviewing the fossil and molecular data, one evolutionist explained that there is no sequential appearance of the major animal groups “from simpler to more complex phyla, as would be predicted by the classical evolutionary model.” (Sherman) And as one team of evolutionists concluded, “comparative genomics has confirmed a lesson from paleontology: Evolution does not proceed monotonically from the simpler to the more complex.” (Kurland)"

https://sites.google.com/site/darwin...ler-structures

If you don't see the above as another nail in the coffin of evolution, you are brainwashed.
OK .... So what is so what is screwed up about it? It is a complex issue, just like astronomy and new information is being learned as new information comes to light. The field of medicine is the same. Does that make medical science wrong? Would you reject medical science as a philosophy because it is changing? Do you have faith in medicine? You can always stop taking medicine and having medical care if you think it is only a philosophy.

What about geology, do you think geology is a philosophy too? New stuff is being learned all the time.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
OK .... So what is so what is screwed up about it? It is a complex issue, just like astronomy and new information is being learned as new information comes to light. The field of medicine is the same. Does that make medical science wrong? Would you reject medical science as a philosophy because it is changing? Do you have faith in medicine? You can always stop taking medicine and having medical care if you think it is only a philosophy.

What about geology, do you think geology is a philosophy too? New stuff is being learned all the time.
There are philosophical issues related to geology. But not all of geology is philosophical.

There are issues with medicine I don't agree with such as burning people with radiation to kill cancer which is barbaric or using harmful chemicals to kill cancer. This is akin to bleeding people for a cure years ago.

Old 06-25-2016, 03:49 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
If you read my recent links you will see you don't have evidence.

You see, you have no evidence that evolution went from simple to more complex. No, none. My links from evolutionists back this up. Yet you can't see it because you were brainwashed into believing in evolution. And no, brainwashing does not have to be forced by pressure. But in school evolution is taught in a setting where students feel the need to "fit in" or else. And so they don't buck the system. So, in that sense it is forced.
Kids who have been brainwashed know about the orbit of the earth around the sun. Kids who have been 'educated' in 'creation' come up with stupid things like the earth's orbit is a perfect sphere! Or the Grand Canyon was formed in five minutes by Noah's flood! By water rushing along at five times the speed of sound! Or how about this cute one, the earth had a shell of water or ice above the atmosphere! That wasn't contacting the atmosphere but compressed the air so that animals grew larger!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality