Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2016, 02:12 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinbalad View Post
Stating fact where theory lies is a prime example. Saying science is settled and such is another.
Wow you are very scientifically illiterate. You don't even know that a Scientific Theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

You need to educate yourself! Definitions of Fact, Theory, and Law in Scientific Work

Quote:
List your scientific credentials and I will list mine...
You are not fooling anyone here. Your posts clearly demonstrate that you are scientifically illiterate.

You don't even know that Adaption is Evolution.

Adaptation

If you did study science it's clear you did not achieve competency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 02:28 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Pepper Moth has been easily debunked.
Then it shouldn't b hard for you to say how. The only argument i heard was that the moths were taped to the tre to show how they had been changed.

Quote:
Except 99.9999 % of what I've argued.

Transitional fossils being rare? Not rare but non-existant. Your own scientists said there are none. This proves you only believe the scientists you want to believe who prop up your deception.
Then you should be able to show some of them saying so.

Quote:

Of course the flood accounts for strata which is world-wide strata. That strata didn't get there by magic and it sure didn't get there from the wind.
Wind, rain, sun. The usual methods we see today. But it takes a long time.

Quote:
I've been doing that all along.

That is true. Even the single celled amoeba is a very very complex life form. His point is that they didn't evolve into more complex, that their complexity was already existent.

I agree. But his point is that complexity didn't one day appear millions of years after the single celled amoeba as if the amoeba is not complex.

That's why I only usually read the first two words of your posts and skip the rest because I don't like being lied to also. Oh, my bad!
If you can show where I was not telling the truth, you can show how, as I did with the videos you posted. And you can save the attempt to try to drag the discussion back to the evolution of the single cell. If if that had to be put here by some agency, the evidence points to evolution of simple o complex as shown in the strata. that is what your video tried to debunk. I debunked the video and am still waiting for you to come up with something like a valid counter -argument. Everything you said here either supports it or is just denial.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-04-2016 at 02:53 PM..

Old 05-04-2016, 02:30 PM

446 posts, read 552,878 times
Matadora,
Still waiting for you to list your scientific credentials.
If you got your evolution knowledge from a freshman college course as you are suggesting I do, then you are sadly beyond hope.

I am simply asking you to state your credentials. Nothing more. You could make up crap for all I know. Problem is, by using a definition that is defined by the "defending the science of evolution and climate science" foundation. Good golly. That would be like me taking something out of the Bible and expecting you to believe it.

I bet you think man-made climate change is settled science too?

Old 05-04-2016, 02:32 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
But in fact they didn't change into a different kind of species.
So what is it? A "kind" or a "species".

And you never did explain what a "kind" is. Science has a pretty detail explanation of what a species is. But knowing you, you will once again duck the question.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Since I couldn't quote the link, here is the last line..."All available evidence suggests that, as long as they reproduce, as long as their genes mutate, and as long as they are subjected to selection, species will continue to diverge, essentially without limit. "

Until they go extinct...for whatever reason, we have extinction of species. Even if man made causes are the reason, there are species not here that used to be. So....I guess diversification can not continue onward into infinity. Evolution must come to an end for some reason or another.
Perhaps. It is going on all the time and nobody can guess where it will end up and what species will become extinct.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Wow you are very scientifically illiterate. You don't even know that a Scientific Theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

You need to educate yourself! Definitions of Fact, Theory, and Law in Scientific Work

You are not fooling anyone here. Your posts clearly demonstrate that you are scientifically illiterate.

You don't even know that Adaption is Evolution.

Adaptation

If you did study science it's clear you did not achieve competency.

Your definition of adaptation in there doesn't work. It says natural selection creates adaptations. How is it that something external to an organism can cause an adaptation? Adaptations are all about DNA changes, not external forces acting on organisms. Faulty definition within the first sentence....

Good golly, do you know anything about science????

Old 05-04-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
No, you guys say you know all about evolution. You do it.
How can you expect evolutionist to explain Genesis -derived Creationist ideas like "Kinds". It's your (Creationist) theory and you brought it up as an objection to evolution, so you explain how.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-04-2016 at 03:37 PM..

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Matadora,
Still waiting for you to list your scientific credentials.
If you got your evolution knowledge from a freshman college course as you are suggesting I do, then you are sadly beyond hope.
Goes to show you don't know what you are talking about. A freshman level of Biology is all that is required to understand the aspects of Evolution. Now if you want to have a good understanding of Population Genetics, taking a Genetics course will help you.
Quote:
I am simply asking you to state your credentials. Nothing more. You could make up crap for all I know. Problem is, by using a definition that is defined by the "defending the science of evolution and climate science" foundation. Good golly. That would be like me taking something out of the Bible and expecting you to believe it.
My credentials have been stated in this forum. You can even look at my profile and see that I hold a Masters Degree in Molecular Diagnostics...i.e. Genetics. My undergrad (BS) was in Biology with a Minor in Chemistry. I also hold a BS degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.

How about you? It's clear you have no Biology knowledge nor Evolution knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Perhaps. It is going on all the time and nobody can guess where it will end up and what species will become extinct.
No, the point was I discredited the quote...it says given all the changes in species they will continue to diversify endlessly...but if they go extinct their species is done. it can not diversify anymore if it doesn't exist.

That's all I was trying to do. Discredit the quote.

Old 05-04-2016, 02:40 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
The Pepper Moth has been easily debunked.
Quote:
TRANSPONDER: Then it shouldn't b hard for you to say how. The only argument i heard was that the moths were taped to the tre to show how they had been changed.
You are correct. It is easy to prove my point:
Do Peppered Moths Prove Evolution? | The Institute for Creation Research

Goodbye, peppered moths - creation.com

The Peppered Moth Story: Prime Example of Evolution?

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/k...ove-evolution/

Your scientists said there are no transitional fossils.
Quote:
You replied: Then you should be able to show some of them saying so.
Dude! I did a couple of times! They said it themselves in the video.

Quote:
Wind, rain, sun. The usual methods we see today. But it takes a long time.
Time that wasn't long enough for evolution to have occurred.

Quote:
If you can show where I was not telling the truth, you can show how, as I did with the videos you posted. And you can save the attempt to try to drag the discussion back to the evolution of the single cell. If if that had to be put here by some agency, the evidence points to evolution of simple o complex as shown in the strata. that is what your video tried to debunk. I debunked the video and am still waiting for you to come up with something like a valid counter -argument. Everything you said here either supports it or is just denial.
You just lied that you debunked the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality