Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2016, 12:08 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I answered that. I said I don't know. Go back and read it.
Well then, you are in position to be claiming that evolution is false when you have no idea what evidence there is.

Quote:
I also answered that. Small incremental changes result not in new species, but in changes to existing species.
Small incremental stages is called micro-evolution. Micro-evolution eventually result in new species. Your problem is that you want to define 'species' as something that it is not. Perhaps you might like to study the work of Richard Lenski, He has already proven that incremental changes in a species results in a new species. Not a bat turning into a horse overnight of course, which is the impossibility that you are demanding evidence of.

Quote:
They do not ever result in new information being added to the species--such as a 3rd wing.
You see! This is the sort of abject ignorance that gets you laughed at!

Quote:
perhaps you need to read my posts better?
Perhaps you need to stop being so scientifically ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Atta boy!! More grist for the anti-fundie mill!

Say some more stuff!
Damn man! His scientific illiteracy is exhausting. I need a beer...or two! Keep him talking bro. He does more to advertise the pitfalls of fundamental Christianity than a million atheists working 24/7 could ever do!

Old 03-25-2016, 12:20 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
I don't think so. God created all the animals. There is certainly going to be variation within the animal kingdom, though. But we don't see birds evolving into lizards, or vice versa.

I have no problem believing that elephants and mastodons came from the same ancestor--or that the mastadon was an ancestor to an elephant. Just as the 2 cats that I have likely descended from a wilde version of them, or the shih tzu I used to have is related to the neighbor's hunting dog.

Viz Viz Viz

Old 03-25-2016, 12:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Damn man! His scientific illiteracy is exhausting. I need a beer...or two! Keep him talking bro. He does more to advertise the pitfalls of fundamental Christianity than a million atheists working 24/7 could ever do!
What's especially delicious is he claims to be a Pastor - someone who supposedly has some educational background.

So lurkers can see one of the very best that Christian Fundamentalism can offer.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I also answered that. Small incremental changes result not in new species, but in changes to existing species. They do not ever result in new information being added to the species--such as a 3rd wing.
Before I go...no, you didn't answer it. You didn't even come close to answering it. The question was... what was the first purple word in the block of text? What's the first blue word? The object was to demonstrate to you how tiny, insignificant and unnoticeable changes to the hue (micro-evolution) can result in a completely different colour (species) from the one we started with.

So...what was the first purple letter and what was the first blue letter?

Old 03-25-2016, 01:31 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post

So...what was the first purple letter and what was the first blue letter?
He can't answer that. Not in a million years. You have caught him in a corner and there is nothing he can do to wiggle out. He has no choice now but to simply deny and ignore. He would rather put on his vest and go out and blow up some innocent women and children (and himself) than admit it.

P.S. Your gradual color changing text is brilliant! It demonstrates without any opportunity for denial, how evolution works!

Old 03-25-2016, 01:36 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No it isn't evolution. Dog's don't become something else such as is claimed by the evolutionist that all life on earth evolved from the single cell to a fish to a lizard eventually to a Tyrannosaurus Rex or human. That is just mere wild speculation without any facts whatsoever to back it up.
What do you want? A duck transitioning into a crocodile?

Funny that, but it just so happens that we have just such a transitioning thing. It's called the Croc Billed Duckapus.

Here are its skeletal remains.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:35 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
"Researchers have studied a fish in Thailand and found that it has developed bones
on its pelvis that can allow it to walk -- and sing." -Seth Meyers

Old 03-25-2016, 04:39 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
What do you want? A duck transitioning into a crocodile?
No, that would not work in your scenario nor in real life. Humans, trees etc. did not begin their evolution from the single cell.

Quote:
Funny that, but it just so happens that we have just such a transitioning thing. It's called the Croc Billed Duckapus.
Here are its skeletal remains.
I'm sure you folks do have those skeletal remains which were combined to make you think evolution is true. But in reality, it doesn't work that way. You see, it is actually you who are unwittingly making fun of your own evolution by believing a single cell evolved into a fish to a lizard to a chimp eventually to a human. Sorry but it doesn't work that way. That is impossible.

Old 03-25-2016, 04:53 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, that would not work in your scenario nor in real life. Humans, trees etc. did not begin their evolution from the single cell.

I'm sure you folks do have those skeletal remains which were combined to make you think evolution is true. But in reality, it doesn't work that way. You see, it is actually you who are unwittingly making fun of your own evolution by believing a single cell evolved into a fish to a lizard to a chimp eventually to a human. Sorry but it doesn't work that way. That is impossible.
First principles Eusebius.

The fossil record shows a change in species over time. Humans exist now, they didn't in the past. Go back far enough and all you find in the fossil record are single celled organisms.

How do you explain this fact, other than through evolution?

Last edited by fishbrains; 03-25-2016 at 05:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality