Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 12:32 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times

Advertisements

AhlulBayt News Agency - ABNA - Shia News

"He added that one of the major causes of the spread of irreligiosity and atheism in the Islamic world is that some Muslim youth do not have the support for firm thinking and belief and cannot assess what they hear, especially since those who spread atheism spread their ideas with simple and comprehensible explanations for the youth."

"He added that some European countries have also opened the way for sexual freedoms which are hated and uncomfortable in the Islamic world."

You atheist need to STOP making sense or else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 12:37 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
AhlulBayt News Agency - ABNA - Shia News

"He added that one of the major causes of the spread of irreligiosity and atheism in the Islamic world is that some Muslim youth do not have the support for firm thinking and belief and cannot assess what they hear, especially since those who spread atheism spread their ideas with simple and comprehensible explanations for the youth."

"He added that some European countries have also opened the way for sexual freedoms which are hated and uncomfortable in the Islamic world."

You atheist need to STOP making sense or else...
Honestly? I heard that handing a gift of a Subway coupon for a free sandwich was too much for the atheists at the "Reason Rally". They called that act a "protest" and disallowed it. Seems to me to be a reaction by a group of people that are scared to answer the "why?" question.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of real, sound, critical thinking and logic from the atheists here, or elsewhere. I've read Dawkins and Hitchens....I wasn't impressed. They were more emotional than logical.

But this does show us what happens when religious people who have never really considered WHY they believe their religion are confronted with some simple questions.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:07 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I honestly haven't seen a lot of real, sound, critical thinking and logic from the atheists here, or elsewhere.
LOL!

Well, you know what they say about leading a horse to water ...

In terms of "real, sound, critical thinking and logic," I've led you to enough water to float every ship ever built by humankind ... all at once ... and not only do you refuse to drink, you don't even recognize it as being water.

That's not my fault or my problem.

The truth is where it needs to be. It's up to you to decide what to do with it.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
LOL!

Yup. And I've observed that you can lead an atheist to evidence but you can't make him believe.
Quote:
In terms of "real, sound, critical thinking and logic," I've led you to enough water to float every ship ever built by humankind ... all at once ... and not only do you refuse to drink, you don't even recognize it as being water.

If you say so.

Just answer me one question: How did life begin? And don't make any assumptions.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:11 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Honestly? I heard that handing a gift of a Subway coupon for a free sandwich was too much for the atheists at the "Reason Rally". They called that act a "protest" and disallowed it. Seems to me to be a reaction by a group of people that are scared to answer the "why?" question.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of real, sound, critical thinking and logic from the atheists here, or elsewhere. I've read Dawkins and Hitchens....I wasn't impressed. They were more emotional than logical.

But this does show us what happens when religious people who have never really considered WHY they believe their religion are confronted with some simple questions.
You heard? And you believed them? Where was your critical thinking then?

I would decline a Subway coupon. Not even to give away to another. If I will not eat it, I would never give it to another. Subway is pretty awful stuff.

Let me know if anyone is offering Starbucks.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You heard? And you believed them? Where was your critical thinking then?

I would decline a Subway coupon. Not even to give away to another. If I will not eat it, I would never give it to another. Subway is pretty awful stuff.
I like their salads. They are pretty good. I'm on a low-carb diet and it hits the spot. Of course, I live in a pretty rural area, where the closest "fast food" place is Subway--about 30 miles away. We have to drive over an hour to find a Starbucks.
Quote:
Let me know if anyone is offering Starbucks.
I've heard enough of the story from different sources to believe it's true.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:14 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
LOL!

Someone who expounds logic and reason shouldn't have to resort to razor sharp snark, foaming biting type rhetoric which is your usual tone and content here. If you can't separate emotion from your reasoning then why should anyone trust it?

Old 06-23-2016, 01:21 PM

Yup, atheists are about the place confusing people with FACTS as opposed to subjective religious faith and it is clearly bothering some people.

Old 06-23-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
And don't make any assumptions.
Phfff! We all know it started when the biblical God reached down and grabbed some dirt and made a clay figure he breathed life into. Simple as that. It says so right there in the bible and that is FINAL and the way it really went down. Doubt it at your own risk!

Old 06-23-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Phfff! We all know it started when the biblical God reached down and grabbed some dirt and made a clay figure he breathed life into. Simple as that. It says so right there in the bible and that is FINAL and the way it really went down. Doubt it at your own risk!
Do you have a better explanation?

Quote:
Yup, atheists are about the place confusing people with FACTS as opposed to subjective religious faith and it is clearly bothering some people.
Let me know when you're going to. You haven't yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality