Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 03:15 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Cupper's posts draw you. You are offended by his posts about offensive clergy. These men are out there, and need to be exposed, and a light shined on their actions and words.

For someone who claims to love the Constitution, the free speech of others seems to bother you.

You are the only person complaining about being upset. You have a remedy and you refuse to take it.
I usually look at every new post. And yes--when someone posts lies, falsehoods, or simply attacks with a dishonest agenda I tend to respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 03:27 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I usually look at every new post. And yes--when someone posts lies, falsehoods, or simply attacks with a dishonest agenda I tend to respond.
This post is not dishonest. You simply do not like the content. You do not like your brethren exposed for being terrible people.

We are no longer going to help these men hide themselves. We are not going back to shaming the victims with our silence.

Get used to it, Viz. Cupper is correct. Your complaints fall on deaf ears, and are self serving.

You should be exposing these terrible people. Your complaining about Cupper protects these men.

Think.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:30 PM

684 posts, read 514,714 times
Quote:
These men need to be exposed at every opportunity.

From the sound of it these men are exposing themselves every chance they get

Old 06-23-2016, 03:35 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Vizio, every post of this type I ALWAYS back up with credible, third party information. They are not lies, right? They are not falsehoods, right? They are not attacks; how can the truth be an attack?

Let me repeat that.

How can the truth be an attack?

Old 06-23-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Vizio, every post of this type I ALWAYS back up with credible, third party information. They are not lies, right? They are not falsehoods, right? They are not attacks; how can the truth be an attack?

Let me repeat that.

Why are you so fascinated by these stories?

Old 06-23-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Why aren't you. These are your brethren. They harm others. They harm the flock.

I guess it is easier to protect them than reveal the evil things they say and do.

Cupper, I really love you for posting these things. Silence is the friend of every predator. They count on it from other ministers.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:

I guess it is easier to protect them than reveal the evil things they say and do.

Cupper, I really love you for posting these things. Silence is the friend of every predator. They count on it from other ministers.
For starters, when I criticize anyone of a different denomination, people freak out on here and say I'm "denominational bashing".

Having said that, I'm quite aware that bad people do bad things. I get that. I'm not overly fascinated by it, though. Nor do I charge all atheists every time one does something wrong.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
For starters, when I criticize anyone of a different denomination, people freak out on here and say I'm "denominational bashing".

Having said that, I'm quite aware that bad people do bad things. I get that. I'm not overly fascinated by it, though. Nor do I charge all atheists every time one does something wrong.

He is your brethren. His denomination is moot. Men of the cloth are harming children, and making excuses for it.

This is a lame excuse for not standing. So what if someone accuses you, and freaks out. Since when has that bothered you. Very convenient.

Think.

Cupper has a passion for revealing your brethren. And your passion is complaining about it.

Think.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
You avoided my question.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks, I appreciate the support. I get dumped on regularly for highlighting these and other abuses by a segment of society we generally hold to a higher standard. As such, they should be capable of surviving stronger scrutiny.

Anyone who is disgusted with these actions will not question why they are highlighted. Some, for some reason, feel they need to deflect and attack the messenger, not the message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality