Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 08:48 AM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I was never forced to shower with others. Neither were my kids.
I know I was until I just refused to do it any longer. The locker room was a seriously dangerous place when I went to school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 09:07 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I know I was until I just refused to do it any longer. The locker room was a seriously dangerous place when I went to school.
I place the burden on the adults who are supposed to protect the children in their care.

That includes parents, and teachers, ministers.

Time and time again we fail to place the needs of children first because, it inconveniences adults, or adults are just too ignorant, or adults believe their needs come first.

Children and teenagers are barely comfortable in their own skin, and we force them to shower with others.
Somehow this is suppose to benefit children.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:26 AM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I place the burden on the adults who are supposed to protect the children in their care.

That includes parents, and teachers, ministers.

Time and time again we fail to place the needs of children first because, it inconveniences adults, or adults are just too ignorant, or adults believe their needs come first.

Children and teenagers are barely comfortable in their own skin, and we force them to shower with others.
Somehow this is suppose to benefit children.

I became the smelly guy after that cause P.E. was first, I didn't care what they said, I wasn't getting back in that shower to be abused again. You wouldn't believe the things 16 and 17 year old thugs would do to a kid in a locker room with no teacher in sight, hell, the teacher was probably behind the wall looking through a hole.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:59 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I became the smelly guy after that cause P.E. was first, I didn't care what they said, I wasn't getting back in that shower to be abused again. You wouldn't believe the things 16 and 17 year old thugs would do to a kid in a locker room with no teacher in sight, hell, the teacher was probably behind the wall looking through a hole.
Now imagine a 13 year old girl (that feels like male) in that room!
And lawmakers...as well as some people who are not thinking sensible...are pushing for that to be possible! It's crazy!

I never felt forced. I practiced or competed...and showered and changed afterward.
I liked using the school facilities. Why make my parents pay for all that hot water (that sure felt good on sore muscles)...or run the water heater out of it, while tying up and steaming up the bathroom at home?
After a hard practice/workout, hearing the Coach shout..."OK, that's it...hit the shower!"...was sweet music to our ears.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:31 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
Good points. The liberals can never explain all of that. But that's the nature of Liberal Authoritarianism - they don't recognize it in themselves. They destroy what they rule and then blame it on someone else.

The subject of this thread is a good example. The liberals fought; they seem to have won. But what has happened is that they have created enemies now who did not previously exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Utter nonsense. If you are against equal rights for gays (or anyone else, for that matter) you were always my enemy. We just hadn't gotten around to fighting yet.

If you want to debate this using political ideologies as the frame of reference, let's have at it in Politics. For the purposes of this discussion, I'd rather stick to criticizing Christian fundamentalism rather than conservatism. Yes, the two go hand in hand, but i think it's better to focus on the religious aspect rather than the political here.
The religious aspect was always the case.
Some people's religion allows them no latitude on the subject of homosexuality. And I will not force my more liberal beliefs on them. They may believe as they wish and act accordingly.

You, on the other hand, believe you are in possession of the truth, so everyone on planet earth must do things your way. You assume (in your post) that I am anti-gay and your self righteous nature (the same nature that allows you to call people who disagree with you, "stupid"
Mississippi's "Religious Freedom" law anti LBGT and illegal: Judge) compels you to take a suitably indignant stand.

It's all posturing on your part. Seeming to be a more evolved person philosophically, or perhaps a better Christian has over-ridden any chance you ever had at understanding the viewpoints of others, and from using time to nurture a common understanding. You simply want to force them. Now.

Some day, a gay couple will walk into a bakery and demand that a cake be made. Knowing the history, the baker will comply and accept their money.
But would YOU eat a cake made under those circumstances? I would not. I know first hand what people will do when they are forced to do it.

So you have lost. You have now created an unseen enemy, whereas before all you had was an opponent.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:18 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Hmm.I might not. I presume that you are not hinting that they might have sabotaged the cake out of spite - one check by the health authorities and the business closes down. But it was all unpleasant and like I had a row in a restaurant and the manager or a court of law took my side...no, I might be reluctant to go back. But that isn't the point of course. It would be fundamentally a wrong line to let people get away with doing wrong just because one wants to keep it all sweet and reasonable....

And where have we heard that before??

Old 07-06-2016, 12:27 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
The risks to a guy who feels like a girl in the female locker room are not the same as the girl that feels like a guy in the male locker room. It was the female (that feels male) child in the mens locker room...showering with men in a "gang" shower that I noted.
Is this a problem? Do you know of an example wherein a young girl who identifies as male was forced to use the male locker room and shower with grown men?

Old 07-06-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Is this a problem? Do you know of an example wherein a young girl who identifies as male was forced to use the male locker room and shower with grown men?
I believe it could be a problem. But not in the way you are saying.
I'm talking about the ill-though-out laws that would force the schools, gyms, and fitness centers. Force them to let any little girl that proclaims "male self-identity" to have to be allowed to enter the male locker room and then change and shower the same way all the guys in there are doing.
This could potentially be a 12 year old female (that "feels" male) changing and showering with guys as old as 19 in the scholastic setting, more of a potential age gap at gyms & health clubs.
OR...forced to let guys enter and change and groom in the female locker room.
And the fitness centers & schools would be forced under "anti-discrimination laws" to freely permit this!
Any law that MANDATES that must be permitted is as messed up as it gets, IMO. But...that is, in fact, what we are looking at being the law pretty much nationwide very soon.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:09 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I believe it could be a problem. But not in the way you are saying.
I'm talking about the ill-though-out laws that would force the schools, gyms, and fitness centers. Force them to let any little girl that proclaims "male self-identity" to have to be allowed to enter the male locker room and then change and shower the same way all the guys in there are doing.
But that would be the girl's choice, correct?

Old 07-06-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
But that would be the girl's choice, correct?
Yes, it would.
So, not to worry. As we all know...adolescents and teens are great at making good decisions. They never do anything that puts them at risk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality