Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 04:32 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

" ... Chance nor magic nor luck could have done this ..."

that's it.

then why a magical book?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 04:37 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
that's it.

then why a magical book?
No, I don't believe in a magical book like The Origin of Species.

I believe in the historic collection of writings called the Bible.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:51 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
No, I don't believe in a magical book like The Origin of Species.

I believe in the historic collection of writings called the Bible.
dying, waking up, flying away, raising the dead, splitting of the red sea, and "poof there it is", well, "breathalizer" in hebrew, type historic collection of writings?

Old 07-24-2016, 06:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The only thing I have asked is for the topic to stay on topic instead of being laser directed at a personal character attack. It's lame, cheap and downright pathetic. I guess people like you just can't handle the truth and terrified of being wrong so you have to go on the attack against Christians. Sad.

That's the ONLY thing you do. I can't recall a single non-insulting valid point you made here. EVER. Just condescending garbage like this post. If I'm a pathetic whiner then you know what is even more PATHETIC? People like you who who WHINE about my posts as if someone forces you to read them. Boohoo, I hate to read Jeff's posts again!!!
Didn't take long for you to prove Raffy's point.

It's truly unfortunate Jeff, that you lack the ability to alter your perspective - to take a (virtual) step back and see yourself as others see you.

Because if you could, I believe you would change your approach to discussions and those who disagree with you. And ultimately, you would find such exchanges less upsetting and garner more respect for your views.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
dying, waking up, flying away, raising the dead, splitting of the red sea, and "poof there it is", well, "breathalizer" in hebrew, type historic collection of writings?
Yep.

And let's not forget the hysterical guy who lived inside that hysterical fish for three (3) hysterical days.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:49 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,325,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yep.

And let's not forget the hysterical guy who lived inside that hysterical fish for three (3) hysterical days.
Let us be accurate, it was inside a mammal. Isn't that more plausible?

Old 07-24-2016, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Let us be accurate, it was inside a mammal. Isn't that more plausible?
I thought the bible called it a fish and everything in the bible is true? If a bit on the hysterical side...

Old 07-24-2016, 07:25 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Didn't take long for you to prove Raffy's point.

It's truly unfortunate Jeff, that you lack the ability to alter your perspective - to take a (virtual) step back and see yourself as others see you.

Because if you could, I believe you would change your approach to discussions and those who disagree with you. And ultimately, you would find such exchanges less upsetting and garner more respect for your views.
Nah...he is pointing out how you always resort to nasty personal insults over the differences in views, beliefs, and perspective you have with the majority Religious.
He is trying to help you "get along".

Old 07-24-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Nah...he is pointing out how you always resort to nasty personal insults over the differences in views, beliefs, and perspective you have with the majority Religious.
He is trying to help you "get along".
Lol.

Even a smolt wouldn't rise to such clumsily-presented bait.

You wear several faces.

None real.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:39 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Lol.

Even a smolt wouldn't rise to such clumsily-presented bait.

You wear several faces.

None real.
You have to tell youself that...to mask the truth that is.
You gave some decent advice...you should take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality