Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:31 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
One of your best posts, of a superb collection of posts, Shirina.
I agree. There's nobody like her for deflating windbags. And you can see clearly that it isn't bashing religion as such or even religious people as such, but what religion can be used for or how unscrupulous people can use religion as a cover for their activities, especially if they know the organization and its supporters are going to cover up for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 12:01 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Why is me bringing up these travesties bother you so much, but I don't hear you being terribly concerned about the victims? Why is that?
You've been repeatedly asked why you seem to implicate all Christians by one knucklehead's actions. You've repeatedly denied that you do so, then you continue to do it again. That's the issue I have.

You continue to find the worst human being possible, then claim that it represents all Christians.
Quote:
Is that a christian trait? Withdraw into your cocoon, shout "persecution" out loud, and hope that someone listens? Why don't we see christians bringing these horror stories up, and loudly denouncing them? Noooo... they would rather shoot the messenger, not those that are doing wrong.
No. it's called reason and logic. You claim one thing and do another. it's called pointing out the hypocrisy of someone that is apparently unable to process the fact that you claim that you know this isn't Christianity, yet you continue to present it as such.
Quote:
If there had not been a plethora of those who called out Catholic priests who diddle alter boys, to this day that would still be hidden. Even with all the bad publicity, there are still bishops who protect their own. And you think this is OK if other priests, pastors and minsters harm children or are guilty of defalcation that it should just be ignored?

Really?
Do you believe there is an international organization protecting people that do these things you bring up? That you are somehow exposing a conspiracy?

Old 07-26-2016, 01:01 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Why is me bringing up these travesties bother you so much, but I don't hear you being terribly concerned about the victims? Why is that?

Is that a christian trait? Withdraw into your cocoon, shout "persecution" out loud, and hope that someone listens? Why don't we see christians bringing these horror stories up, and loudly denouncing them? Noooo... they would rather shoot the messenger, not those that are doing wrong.

If there had not been a plethora of those who called out Catholic priests who diddle alter boys, to this day that would still be hidden. Even with all the bad publicity, there are still bishops who protect their own. And you think this is OK if other priests, pastors and minsters harm children or are guilty of defalcation that it should just be ignored?

Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You've been repeatedly asked why you seem to implicate all Christians by one knucklehead's actions. You've repeatedly denied that you do so, then you continue to do it again. That's the issue I have.
So why do we never see christian adherents here ever bring this type of stuff up and denounce it loudly and frequently? I never implicate ALL christians, but just like it is up to the muslim majority to reign in and fight against their radicals, it is up to the christian majority to do the same with theirs. We don't see that, instead we see either quiet acceptance, or worse, support for those that do these transgressions. THAT is inexcusable, and therefore they must be exposed. Often.

Quote:
You continue to find the worst human being possible, then claim that it represents all Christians.
I never say it represents all christians. I do say that all christians must stop it, rail against it, and not support it in any way, shape or form, overtly, or covertly.

Quote:
No. it's called reason and logic. You claim one thing and do another. it's called pointing out the hypocrisy of someone that is apparently unable to process the fact that you claim that you know this isn't Christianity, yet you continue to present it as such.
See above comment. It is up to all christians to stop and fight it. We don't see this here on CD.

Quote:
Do you believe there is an international organization protecting people that do these things you bring up? That you are somehow exposing a conspiracy?
As far as the pedophilia christian catholic priests? You bet there was, and some of the worst were in the USA and Canada. You KNOW there was. And the worst part is that it continues even today, and you know it is. The catholics are not the only ones who coverup those types of crimes, and you area well aware of that only.

Yes, if transgressions are not frequently exposed, they become accepted.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:17 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
That poor child.

SMH. Some pretty ugly things are done because of religious beliefs.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:15 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That poor child.
SMH. Some pretty ugly things are done because of religious beliefs.
Amen, Dew, and that is quite an understatement of the reality that religious belief wreaks upon humanity. When you can believe absurdities you can be made to commit atrocities.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:32 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
So why do we never see christian adherents here ever bring this type of stuff up and denounce it loudly and frequently?
To be honest, I was unaware of this.

But why don't we bring up every single injustice we see daily? We do when it personally affects us and we know about it.
Quote:

I never implicate ALL christians, but just like it is up to the muslim majority to reign in and fight against their radicals, it is up to the christian majority to do the same with theirs. We don't see that, instead we see either quiet acceptance, or worse, support for those that do these transgressions. THAT is inexcusable, and therefore they must be exposed. Often.
You don't think your daily posts implicate all Christianity? You call them Christians, you suggest our religion teaches what they do. Even when you claim you know it doesn't. I can only conclude that you have an agenda -- and that is to try to offend and antagonize.
Quote:

I never say it represents all christians. I do say that all christians must stop it, rail against it, and not support it in any way, shape or form, overtly, or covertly.

See above comment. It is up to all christians to stop and fight it. We don't see this here on CD.
How do you propose we stop what we don't know about? Do you believe that we are responsible for what happens in some small town in another country around the world? Or even what happens in some backwater town in the Tennessee, or Nebraska, or Missouri or elsewhere?

And that if the knuckleheads doing it don't adhere to Biblical teaching that they're going to listen to me?
Quote:

As far as the pedophilia christian catholic priests? You bet there was, and some of the worst were in the USA and Canada. You KNOW there was. And the worst part is that it continues even today, and you know it is. The catholics are not the only ones who coverup those types of crimes, and you area well aware of that only.

Yes, if transgressions are not frequently exposed, they become accepted.
I agree that the RCC screwed up big time. But do you realize that I'm not Catholic? That the RCC is very clear that they do not claim to associate with Protestants? That we have no jurisdiction over them, and they want it that way?

Old 07-27-2016, 03:53 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
To be honest, I was unaware of this.

But why don't we bring up every single injustice we see daily? We do when it personally affects us and we know about it.

You don't think your daily posts implicate all Christianity? You call them Christians, you suggest our religion teaches what they do. Even when you claim you know it doesn't. I can only conclude that you have an agenda -- and that is to try to offend and antagonize.

How do you propose we stop what we don't know about? Do you believe that we are responsible for what happens in some small town in another country around the world? Or even what happens in some backwater town in the Tennessee, or Nebraska, or Missouri or elsewhere?

And that if the knuckleheads doing it don't adhere to Biblical teaching that they're going to listen to me?

I agree that the RCC screwed up big time. But do you realize that I'm not Catholic? That the RCC is very clear that they do not claim to associate with Protestants? That we have no jurisdiction over them, and they want it that way?
It is a culture that is supported. Think about it, why can a Jim Baker, a Tony Alamo, a Warren Jeffs, or a Ken Hovind survive if their followers would have called them out? Why do some or all of them still have followings? THAT is enabling transgressions. I have not seen one apologists, including you, start a thread calling out any of the christian leaders of any sort for defalcations, crimes against a person or other transgressions.

Why is that? Isn't that sweeping things under the carpet? Isn't that giving them a silent "atta a boy"? Why do you think apologists never call out those types?

Stop supporting that culture. It truly is no better than moderate muslims saying nothing about the radicals in their midst. You are enabling further transgressions, and those that transgress, count on you as apologists to accept their pleas of forgiveness.

The con game has gone on long enough.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:16 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
There must be something in the teachings of the theology of this pastor and his church that would make them think that this is not only OK, but appropriate. Now, I can't imagine what parts of his theology would lead him to think that way, but it did.

This abuse by church leaders just makes your heart bleed. They can stuff their "moral teachings" that their bible gives them, as obviously it has not given them any humanity tendencies at all. The step-mother who was also arrested presented serious resistance to police in entering the church where the poor boy was kept.

Oh, and the upstanding peddler of christ's message? He's on the run. What a pastor!

He must have been following this part of the bible:
“If a man shall steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall restore five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full restitution; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.” – Exodus 22:1–3
https://www.ghanastar.com/africa-new...s-step-mother/
According to the statement released by the Security Forces, the boy was chained because he repeatedly stole (soup) from his stepmother. The step-mother, Kehinde reported to his father, Taiwo Francis, a Pastor in the church. Francis reportedly chained the boy to a log of wood inside a room within the church premises.
A more detailed story here:

Boy, 9, chained by pastor father speaks:

Make him stand in the corner and read the entire Book of Revelation. That will nourish him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc

Old 07-28-2016, 02:51 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Church must be completely broke to ignore the life of the youth , and this is Nigeria people are starving .......... The church were I go supports a church ministry in Rwanda were people have no food and they have a ministry were they teach boys to repairs cars and trucks which then give them food to survive and a occupation to get a job , as there is no food there , people eat grass from the fields if it is not to dried up ................. So we see the lady in Nigeria who has a little food but is to blind selfish to share it with others and is willing to starve others to eat

Old 07-28-2016, 07:38 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,229 times
And meanwhile in America Christians like Ken Ham are busy building million-dollar entertainment parks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality