Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 09:01 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times

Advertisements

We know by now that the YEC deny evolution. So, you skeptical cohorts of reality, here is in real time, on video, evolution before your very eyes.

Stunning Videos of Evolution in Action - The Atlantic

Although fascinating, it is also scary how quickly these bacteria have developed into strains that have no resemblance to the original ones, and are completely resistant to anti-biotics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 09:10 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
We know by now that the YEC deny evolution. So, you skeptical cohorts of reality, here is in real time, on video, evolution before your very eyes.

Although fascinating, it is also scary how quickly these bacteria have developed into strains that have no resemblance to the original ones, and are completely resistant to anti-biotics.
It's a far cry to go from bacteria changing to claiming that humans evolved from primates. I'm not impressed.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:26 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It's a far cry to go from bacteria changing to claiming that humans evolved from primates. I'm not impressed.
Of course your not. You don't understand what it means to have a completely different species develop in only 11 days.

Old 09-09-2016, 09:49 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Of course your not. You don't understand what it means to have a completely different species develop in only 11 days.
Let me guess, after 11 days, it's still bacteria, right?

Old 09-09-2016, 09:59 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
This is a completely different species how? Is it a fish now? Or a trilobite? Or any infusoria? It is technically same bacteria that adopted to a changing environment.

An adaptation is a mutation, or genetic change, that helps an organism, such as a plant or animal, survive in its environment. Due to the helpful nature of the mutation, it is passed down from one generation to the next. As more and more organisms inherit the mutation, the mutation becomes a typical part of the species. The mutation has become an adaptation.

Old 09-09-2016, 10:00 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
So PLEASE show me how the original bacteria turned, sorry, EVOLVED, into a different species - and I'll bow to this.

Old 09-10-2016, 04:28 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
There is plenty of information on the internet about genetic mutations demonstrated to be the mechanism of adaptation through natural selection - or planned selection in the case of breeding. This is also accepted as fact by creationism, though instead of 'natural Selection' and 'evolution' they use the terms 'Population Shift' and 'Change'. But it's the same thing.

This is now established fact and asking for explanations should be 'where can I find the explanations?'

Jeff's 'Micro -macro' argument does require explanation. That speciation through diversification from a common ancestor into creatures that look different but can interbreed or look the same but can't, establishes the mechanism of "Macro" evolution and destroys the attempt to place Biblical "Kinds" on a scientific basis.

It is thus futile to claim that what is shown to happen now did not happen in prehistoric times. The Cetan sequence is the very best example of a land creature evolving into a sea -creature, and there are many many other examples, including of course dinosaurs into birds. At one time, lack of evidence gave evolution - deniers something to work with, but now the evidence is so strong and abundant that all they can do is to ignore and deny the evidence. Up to you whether you accept it or not, Jeff.

You may be quite content to go with the evidence of evolution for animals, but doubt that this applies to humans. Well, the evidence of evolution of animals destroys the Genesis account, so what good reason is there to doubt hominid evolution? There is increasingly strong evidence of primate to human evolution, in fossil, genetic and morphological evidence - just as strong as in animal evolution, so denial of it seems perverse.

Why then, Jeff, in the fact of the collapse of the Genesis story and the overwhelming evidence of "Macro" evolution, would you remain skeptical of hominid evolution, even if speciation in bacteria doesn't impress you?

The only remaining 'Gap for God' - leaving out abiogenesis, for the moment -(apart from sheer denial) is consciousness.

I'll leave the Implications huddling off-stage for the moment to see, Jeff, whether you take the line leading to theistic evolution (going with the evidence) or simply deny and reject the evidence, in which case, your argument would have lost all credibility.

Which is it going to be, Jeff?

Old 09-10-2016, 06:18 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:

OMNG

Thank you so much copper. That is the first I have seen it like that.

for the non literal, reasonable believer, that should mean a lot.

Old 09-10-2016, 06:20 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
So PLEASE show me how the original bacteria turned, sorry, EVOLVED, into a different species - and I'll bow to this.
This is an emotional opinion.

we don't bow to mother nature.
That would make her as uncomfortable as your kid bowing to you.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:30 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Yes I posted this exact same experiment long ago and far away.

Professor Roy Kishony from Harvard Medical School discusses his ground breaking super bug experiment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irnc6w_Gsas

If I could find the thread I would post the transcript.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality