Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 06:55 PM

136 posts, read 69,692 times

Advertisements

"religion" was, and is yet needful for religious souls! Those "disobedient and gainsaying (contradicting and opposing GOD) people", who remain "stiff-necked and uncircumcised of heart and ears"! (Romans 10:21, Acts 7:51)

Needful for those worldly and/or religious souls who would rather have a man (Moses, Samuel, etc.) than Our ABBA and ELOHIM speak to them, and those souls who would rather have a man(Saul, David, etc.) than Our FATHER and GOD rule over them! (Exodus 20:19, l Samuel 8:4-21, John 20:17; 14:28)

"Come out from among them and be separate"!

For Thankfully The NEW Covenant WAS, IS and ALWAYS WILL BE SPIRIT and TRUTH!

HalleluYAH!

And "The Faithful ARE Family"! (Ephesians 3:15)

"A Household of Faith" indeed and TRUTH....... (Galatians 6:10, Ephesians 2:19)

And TRUTH IS! There IS Only One "Pure Religion and Undefiled"! (James 1:27)

And James 1:27 reveals an Active Faith, not a "dead letter" religion!

ABBA Help!

HE DID! and HE does.......

HalleluYAH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 07:43 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Religion is most needed by those who fear making their own path. So, they take comfort in treading one shared by many over time. Usually it's one in which they grew up but not always. Some people need the security of a shared blanket.

Some don't.

Some find truth in old words and old ways.

Some don't.

What counts is what you do. How your being here on Earth, now, affects life around you. Not just people - life.

It's on that we will be judged.

And the judge will be in a mirror from which we cannot look away.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:13 PM

Simply sad for all who seek to create their own path.......

Old 02-12-2017, 08:15 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
I'm not sure this wouldn't be better in Christianity. There is no discussion here - only Witnessing, and you might as well sing "There are fairies at the bottom of my Garden." for all the impression it will make on the Goddless.

This is of course the reason why we have the "No Proselytizing" (damn' did I spell that right for once?) rule in A/A.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderchild View Post
Simply sad for those who only know another's way -- never their own.

Old 02-12-2017, 09:24 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
I came across a very interesting study that shows the more socio-dysfunctional a society is the more religious the society.

The Chronic Dependence of Popular Religiosity upon Dysfunctional Psychosociological Conditions

If you don't want to read this study you can listen to a lecture about the stats this study produced. It's really interesting and explains why the countries with low levels of socio-dysfunction are the least religious.

The US is lands high marks for being one of the most socio-dysfunctional free societies....which correlates to increased religiousness.

Compared to Turkey and other highly religious Middle Eastern countries we are neck and neck with them with respect to being low on the totem poll on the Successful Societies Scale.

Skip to 22:23 where he goes over the stats from this study. It's very eye opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sazo1J4Zsj4

Old 02-12-2017, 09:26 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Did Jesus not create his own path?

Old 02-12-2017, 09:38 PM

375 posts, read 297,173 times
Quote:
"religion" was, and is yet needful for religious souls! Those "disobedient and gainsaying (contradicting and opposing GOD) people", who remain "stiff-necked and uncircumcised of heart and ears"! (Romans 10:21, Acts 7:51)

Needful for those worldly and/or religious souls who would rather have a man (Moses, Samuel, etc.) than Our ABBA and ELOHIM speak to them, and those souls who would rather have a man(Saul, David, etc.) than Our FATHER and GOD rule over them! (Exodus 20:19, l Samuel 8:4-21, John 20:17; 14:28)

"Come out from among them and be separate"!

For Thankfully The NEW Covenant WAS, IS and ALWAYS WILL BE SPIRIT and TRUTH!

HalleluYAH!

And "The Faithful ARE Family"! (Ephesians 3:15)

"A Household of Faith" indeed and TRUTH....... (Galatians 6:10, Ephesians 2:19)

And TRUTH IS! There IS Only One "Pure Religion and Undefiled"! (James 1:27)

And James 1:27 reveals an Active Faith, not a "dead letter" religion!

ABBA Help!

HE DID! and HE does.......

HalleluYAH!

IMHO what religion badly needs is more "spiritual" people. I know I always strive for the latter rather than the former.

Old 02-13-2017, 02:33 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
I have to agree. 'finding inner peace" with like minded souls in one thing. Being told what your inner piece should be is another thing all together. Forcing "my inner piece" on others is against the law. and always should be.

hard core theism is a brain state. Of course I say, all 'hard core belief" is a brain state.

Old 02-13-2017, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Simply sad for those who only know another's way -- never their own.
Sadly, you("I",ego,id,self,pride) are the creation of your own vain "imag"inations.......

Yet while breath(Spirit, air) is, Hope IS!

For TRUTH IS! and Miracles(that which is apart from the "I" in all humankind) do happen.......

Btw, who taught you how to breathe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality