Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 05:49 AM

136 posts, read 69,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Did Jesus not create his own path?
'jesus' it but the "imag"ined name <snip> catholicism gave to one head of their "imag"ined three headed pagan gods less than 600 years ago!

The Messiah testified, "i can do nothing of my own self"! (John 5:19,30; 8:28-29)

Can His disciples do anything more?

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-13-2017 at 06:14 AM.. Reason: Calling entire religions "pagan" is obviously insulting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I have to agree. 'finding inner peace" with like minded souls in one thing. Being told what your inner piece should be is another thing all together. Forcing "my inner piece" on others is against the law. and always should be.

hard core theism is a brain state. Of course I say, all 'hard core belief" is a brain state.
For that which is of the fleshly brain IS the devil's playground!

Faith, that which is of The Life Center that IS a circumcised heart, wins The Victory over the brain(mankind's vain "imag"inations)!

HalleluYAH!

Old 02-13-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I'm not sure this wouldn't be better in Christianity. There is no discussion here - only Witnessing, and you might as well sing "There are fairies at the bottom of my Garden." for all the impression it will make on the Goddless.

This is of course the reason why we have the "No Proselytizing" (damn' did I spell that right for once?) rule in A/A.
Does not "Our FATHER" bespeak of Family?

Old 02-13-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX Star View Post
IMHO what religion badly needs is more "spiritual" people. I know I always strive for the latter rather than the former.
"people" are Spiritual for The Life Center IS the heart and breath(Spirit,air) genders life!

Yet religion's way has so perverted "The Word of TRUTH", "The Way of TRUTH IS evil spoken of"!

Old 02-13-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I have to agree. 'finding inner peace" with like minded souls in one thing. Being told what your inner piece should be is another thing all together. Forcing "my inner piece" on others is against the law. and always should be.

hard core theism is a brain state. Of course I say, all 'hard core belief" is a brain state.
So it is the brain, which was meant to be a receiver, is the devil's playground.......

And "education(braindirtying)" his favorite toy.......

Old 02-13-2017, 03:07 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
an atomic bombs electrons like to make their own path too.

actually some of the most gorgeous things in the world are people following a predetermined path ..
like symphony , or even a rock song isn't any good if everyone is doing whatever they want to .. making up their voices as they go.

I mean what is a duck without his quack ( oops I just remember it would be a Muskovy ) ok so what is a duck without his breathy or his quack( depending on the type of ducks). everything has a path .. except death and atomic devices.

all that "do whatever you will" is only a lot of dubi-ious talking !!
we were created for something glorious and we need to follow his path for our lives to find it and to play it .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 02-13-2017 at 03:21 PM..

Old 02-13-2017, 03:33 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
an atomic bombs electrons like to make their own path too.

actually some of the most gorgeous things in the world are people following a predetermined path ..
like symphony , or even a rock song isn't any good if everyone is doing whatever they want to .. making up their voices as they go.

I mean what is a duck without his quack ( oops I just remember it would be a Muskovy ) ok so what is a duck without his breathy or his quack( depending on the type of ducks). everything has a path .. except death and atomic devices.

all that "do whatever you will" is only a lot of dubi-ious talking !!
we were created for something glorious and we need to follow his path for our lives to find it and to play it .
Those are not predetermined, they are written, by man, writing in all the twists and paths the music takes.

Old 02-13-2017, 03:41 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderchild View Post
So it is the brain, which was meant to be a receiver, is the devil's playground.......

And "education(braindirtying)" his favorite toy.......
its all a playground son,
enjoy the sights and sounds
before the sun goes down.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:36 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Those are not predetermined, they are written, by man, writing in all the twists and paths the music takes.
not to the one taught to follow it.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:47 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
not to the one taught to follow it.
You can't honestly say that music is predetermined, music, the universal language of expression along with art, literature...all predetermined? I don't think so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality