Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2017, 09:09 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
Does science and observation point out that our earth is flat?
Beliefs are not what my argument are based on . My argument is based on the conclusions modern observation can show us .
These conclusions include the fact our universe cannot have come into existence without divine intervention.
...and your conclusions have been deduced how?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:23 AM

468 posts, read 265,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No. Does science and observation point out that it's only 6000 years old.

Now answer the question. Do you believe that the Earth is flat?
The earth is not flat , my belief will not change that fact .

Old 01-10-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
The earth is not flat , ...
Well that's a start I suppose. You are the member that thinks the Earth is only 6000 years old aren't you?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
...and your conclusions have been deduced how?
Are you stupid? Has any human being ever left earth in any direction but up?

Old 01-10-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Are you stupid? Has any human being ever left earth in any direction but up?
You appear to have a lot of difficulty in following what you are being asked. Perhaps you should read replies more slowly in future or read them two or three times. You might then understand what you are being asked. My question regarding your 'conclusions' refers to where you said......

"These conclusions include the fact our universe cannot have come into existence without divine intervention."

I'm asking you what has led you to these conclusions.

Old 01-10-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
You appear to have a lot of difficulty in following what you are being asked. Perhaps you should read replies more slowly in future or read them two or three times. You might then understand what you are being asked. My question regarding your 'conclusions' refers to where you said......

"These conclusions include the fact our universe cannot have come into existence without divine intervention."

I'm asking you what has led you to these conclusions.
Perhaps one of my most persuasive observation I have made is the fact that science has never created anything .
Everything they have made was built out of the matter that God has already put in place.
Or they took what was already created and attempted to copy it .

You see science has never discovered anything new , they simply discovered what has always been there from the begining.
God gets the credit for the new not your scientists.
Even the ability to mix these elements and get a result such as a different element had to be created.

H2o = water right ?
But who came up with this law? Why is it a law?
Simply because God created the H and he created the O .
How do you propose your math theory's created either of those two elements?
Your silly argument on how science teaches us origin is beyond words.
Science simply helps us understand how what God created works together with the life he put on earth.
As far as your pressure to conclude the earth is round is quite unsettling.
Accepting that the earth is round is no longer at a conclusion state .
It is at a state of concrete fact on which we move forward and study how the universe rotates ECT. It is at the state where all other observations synchronized and make sense.

Don't you get the fact that science has concluded far too much to still be concluding whether the earth is still flat or not?
The same holds true for science and evolution, they have concluded far too much to even consider concluding whether or not chance could be responsible.

Last edited by clickstack; 01-10-2017 at 10:49 AM..

Old 01-10-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Perhaps one of my most persuasive observation I have made is the fact that science has never created anything .
Everything they have made was built out of the matter that God has already put in place.
Or they took what was already created and attempted to copy it .

You see science has never discovered anything new , they simply discovered what has always been there from the begining.
God gets the credit for the new not your scientists.
The forum rules prevent me from responding to this.

Quote:
As far as your pressure to conclude the earth is round is quite unsettling.vAccepting that the earth is round is no longer at a conclusion state .
There is no pressure to conclude that. I'm simply asking you if that is what you believe based on the fact that there are others on this forum that do think that and also based on my understanding (forgive me if I am wrong) that you have mentioned that you think the Earth is 6000 years old (or I might be confusing you with someone else).

Old 01-10-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
The forum rules prevent me from responding to this.

There is no pressure to conclude that. I'm simply asking you if that is what you believe based on the fact that there are others on this forum that do think that and also based on my understanding (forgive me if I am wrong) that you have mentioned that you think the Earth is 6000 years old (or I might be confusing you with someone else).
I would venture to say that in that period Adam was removed from the Garden.
I would have to study it to give my opinion on how long he lived in the garden.
But I do believe that God created life , the earth , humanity and matter in 7 days.

Last edited by clickstack; 01-10-2017 at 11:03 AM..

Old 01-10-2017, 11:04 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

Normally, question is asked - who created god then? Or similar.

I am asking a different question.

WHERE was god BEFORE creation?

Clearly, from the above quote, god was.
God was before creation.
Hence, god, to exist, had to be in some sort of "space".

As ANYTHING that exists, even in a most miraculous form, has to exist IN something.

Something that exists in NOTHING does not exist.

Hence, there must have been some sort of space, appropriate for god, in its characteristics allowing god to exist IN it. A "godly" space, semantics really, but still - space.

Hence, that space was pre-god and god existed in it.

Or, from presumption of gods eternity and having no origin, then that space also has to be eternal and have no origin.
But then, there was two - space AND god in that space.
You should study the theologian Paul Tillich, who said “God does not exist. He is being-itself beyond essence and existence. Therefore, to argue that God exists is to deny him.”

Old 01-10-2017, 12:01 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
I refuse to believe that there are people as stupid as some of these so called "arguments" would suggest. It is simply impossible. Dunning Kruger on full display. It would be less depressing if it was just malicious trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality