Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2008, 09:34 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
God speaks for himself...........
With every birth of every human or animal.
Every miracle healing or life saved by strange circumstances where maybe they should not have made it.
With every sunrise and sunset.
With the love in every childs heart.
Gods speaks to us everyday in all things. All we have to do is listen!
Uh huh whatever you say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 AM

22,192 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
There are many individuals who believe such events are not the works of God, but other entities, nature, science, etc. Those beliefs are equally as valid as the belief that God is the source of such things.
Creator is the sponsoring thought behind it all!
It's like saying this is a banana and ignoring that it came from the tree.
So yes you see the banana you have found lying on the ground, but you do not see or ackowledge the tree.

Behind the "nature science etc" is the Creator.
So they are not "separate but equal", rather one is nested within the other.
"nature science etc" are channels through which life flows
but they are not the source of life itself.

As surely as you sprang from the womb of your mother,
the sponsoring thought / creative force behind your birth
is the Creator which breathes life through all of creation.

it is not arguing about this belief or that belief, one or the other, because one is contained within the other.
it is expanding a perspective to include a more complete picture,
stepping back to see a bigger picture that holds it all, rather than a smaller picture that is incomplete.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:00 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Again you would have to assume that I am looking to follow a list of rules that have been written by men only. That would require a leap of faith on your part. I have been telling folks here from the beginning that I have had an encounter with the living God. I have told them of a number of pratical stories of these encounters. Which you either have ignored or donot believe. You have put yourself into the same postion you have accused me of. And that is, one who has been conditioned to believe in their own blinded dogma. At least I have good reason to believe what I do. What is your belief based on ?
Campbell34, what you are saying here, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that you have had a revelation with the living God, if that is the case then you must understand that a revelation is a one on one personal relationship and anything after that is hearsay and that seems to be the problem that you're having, you're trying to tell people of a personal relationship that you have with God and that is exactly what it is "a personal relationship" not the rest of us happen to believe in that, and because you cannot prove it and nobody else can disprove it, there lies the problem. It is good that you believe as you do, there is nothing wrong with that, but that is for you and not for everybody. I do not believe the way you do, I believe in a Creator, and for all I know my Creator and your God could be one and the same, just speak a different language. So you see we could both be right and so could everybody else in their beliefs. It does not hurt to try to understand others cultures and beliefs, we may find we have a lot in common. And by the way, my Creator has no problem speaking for himself. osay

Old 03-12-2008, 12:34 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
From reading this whole religious forum, I've seen that what I said before was right. You can never discuss religion and politics. You end up disgusted or not getting anywhere but bored. So to each his own.
You only get bored if you don't know anything. That's why the God of the Bible tells us to study His Word.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Campbell34, what you are saying here, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that you have had a revelation with the living God, if that is the case then you must understand that a revelation is a one on one personal relationship and anything after that is hearsay and that seems to be the problem that you're having, you're trying to tell people of a personal relationship that you have with God and that is exactly what it is "a personal relationship" not the rest of us happen to believe in that, and because you cannot prove it and nobody else can disprove it, there lies the problem. It is good that you believe as you do, there is nothing wrong with that, but that is for you and not for everybody. I do not believe the way you do, I believe in a Creator, and for all I know my Creator and your God could be one and the same, just speak a different language. So you see we could both be right and so could everybody else in their beliefs. It does not hurt to try to understand others cultures and beliefs, we may find we have a lot in common. And by the way, my Creator has no problem speaking for himself. osay
And what Book has your Creator spoken from? My Creator crosses over all cultures and beliefs. And my Creator has stated that He is not the (author of confusion.) You cannot have your God telling us we can get to heaven by doing good works, and then having my God say you cannot get to heaven by doing good works. That would make our common God a liar. It all boils down to either one of them is truthful, and one of them is not.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:49 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And what Book has your Creator spoken from? My Creator crosses over all cultures and beliefs. And my Creator has stated that He is not the (author of confusion.) You cannot have your God telling us we can get to heaven by doing good works, and then having my God say you cannot get to heaven by doing good works. That would make our common God a liar. It all boils down to either one of them is truthful, and one of them is not.
My Creator does not speak from any written book, my Creator speaks to us through the heart, mind, and spirit, we do not need written words to add to any confusion, as you say. And if your Creator supposedly crosses over all cultures and beliefs than I am not telling you that your God is wrong and that my Creator is right, I'm telling you that it is possible that they are both the same and that they are both right. Do not make assumptions and twist words from my statement. There is nothing confusing about what I said, my culture is far different from yours but that does not mean that it is wrong or that yours is right or vice versa, it just means that there is the possibility that both are right for our respective beliefs, there is nothing confusing about that. osay

Old 03-13-2008, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
My Creator does not speak from any written book, my Creator speaks to us through the heart, mind, and spirit, we do not need written words to add to any confusion, as you say. And if your Creator supposedly crosses over all cultures and beliefs than I am not telling you that your God is wrong and that my Creator is right, I'm telling you that it is possible that they are both the same and that they are both right. Do not make assumptions and twist words from my statement. There is nothing confusing about what I said, my culture is far different from yours but that does not mean that it is wrong or that yours is right or vice versa, it just means that there is the possibility that both are right for our respective beliefs, there is nothing confusing about that. osay
Well I'm not here to twist your words, but my God does speak throught a written Word which makes plain to me what His intentions are. Also, He tells us that there are no other Gods we should worship. So based on my Bible I doubt that your God and my God could be one in the same. It's obvious one of them are lying. Has your God given you any reason to believe that He is the true God, and if He has, could you tell me why you believe that?

Old 03-13-2008, 03:55 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Here we go with the "My God can beat up your God" arguments....

Old 03-13-2008, 06:26 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Does the President of the USA come to your house and speak directly to you?
As a matter of fact, he does. Through the medium of television. And we can all read about his actions and statements in the newspapers and on-line, too.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:31 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Here we go with the "My God can beat up your God" arguments....

http://www.wdr.de/themen/freizeit/freizeitgestaltung/wandern/hermannsweg_owl/reportagebox/data/hermannsweg/odin_400q.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality