Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 07:55 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times

Advertisements

What do you think of this song by gospel singer Kirk Franklin? I heard him on NPR. He sounds like a heretic, but I hear someone who thinks the way I do, and I have rejected traditional Christianity completely. So much so that I don't even like the label.

But he is associated with Christian music. I'm curious what Christians think of his message.

Here is a link to the lyrics.

KIRK FRANKLIN LYRICS - Losing My Religion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 08:55 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think of this song by gospel singer Kirk Franklin? I heard him on NPR. He sounds like a heretic, but I hear someone who thinks the way I do, and I have rejected traditional Christianity completely. So much so that I don't even like the label.

But he is associated with Christian music. I'm curious what Christians think of his message.

He's prepping to make an announcement.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:14 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Sounds like he`s building a false religion , or it could be building the true religion of Jesus Holy Spirit , the song is mixed ................Many people believe the true religion of Christ is not religion but family , or he is demeaning America and God , and the activisms in the church of Christ

Old 02-16-2017, 04:09 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times
In the first line he acknowledges people like Michael Stipe of REM. He's basically saying that atheist singers are more in tune with God than Christians.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:21 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,910 times
Many only have religion, and that's why it's easily lost. The God of the Bible isn't looking for religious people, but rather born again, Spirit filled believers, who desire the Truth; and the Holy Bible is the Truth.

Old 02-16-2017, 05:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:

Heretic??

Not at all. Everything we blindly accept is worthless..if someone told me 2+3=4 and all I did was run round telling every one I met the same, I would be guilty of alternative facts.
Just as I would be guilty of in complete facts if I spouted off 2+3=5. IF I HAVE TO WAY TO SUPPORT AN IDEA, whether it be alternative facts told to me by deplorables or if they be factual taught to me by the master, I owe it to myself and others to VERIFY the facts before regurgitating them.

There ought to come at least ONE time in everyone's life when we QUESTION what we have learned or been told. If we stop questioning, we stop living and we no longer are able to withstand the storms..

“Doubt as sin. — Christianity has done its utmost to close the circle and declared even doubt to be sin. One is supposed to be cast into belief without reason, by a miracle, and from then on to swim in it as in the brightest and least ambiguous of elements: even a glance towards land, even the thought that one perhaps exists for something else as well as swimming, even the slightest impulse of our amphibious nature — is sin! And notice that all this means that the foundation of belief and all reflection on its origin is likewise excluded as sinful. What is wanted are blindness and intoxication and an eternal song over the waves in which reason has drowned.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche, Daybreak: Thoughts on the Prejudices of Morality

Old 02-16-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
In the first line he acknowledges people like Michael Stipe of REM. He's basically saying that atheist singers are more in tune with God than Christians.
It really comes down to who us a "christian" or who is an "atheist" and HOW THE HELL does anyone know what anyone is???

One might say that person is an atheist and has no clue about god, and yet god might be saying WELL DONE MY GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT...ONLY A HERETIC of PHARISEE would dare make a public allegation to the contrary.

Old 02-16-2017, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Many only have religion, and that's why it's easily lost. The God of the Bible isn't looking for religious people, but rather born again, Spirit filled believers, who desire the Truth; and the Holy Bible is the Truth.
Moderator cut: orphaned quote
WOW..words have replaced God and become the TRUTH???

Once upon a time the truth was found in places other than the word...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-16-2017 at 07:12 AM..

Old 02-16-2017, 08:04 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned quote
WOW..words have replaced God and become the TRUTH???

Once upon a time the truth was found in places other than the word...
No, the written word is from God.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:09 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No, the written word is from God.
We said "truth", not "written word". The wrtiten word (from God - i.e the Bible) is demonstrably incorrect. Brace for incoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality