Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 09:53 PM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times

Advertisements

I've heard quite a lot in recent times about the alleged 'conversion' of Rosaria Butterfield from 'gay to straight'. I believe her to be a fake. That will do it for now. What do others think?

See below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpQwRYMSELY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 12:26 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
She seems to be reading someone else's life, as she looks down at her papers too often...

Old 03-20-2017, 01:20 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I've heard quite a lot in recent times about the alleged 'conversion' of Rosaria Butterfield from 'gay to straight'. I believe her to be a fake. That will do it for now. What do others think?

See below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpQwRYMSELY
I've seen people switch-up...and go back and forth.
Married to one gender...get divorced...then marry the other.
Procreation is instinctive...so hetero is the default. But people have many fetishes...and are turned on by what may turn others completely off. They are just perferences...like a favorite flavor or music. Preferences can change.
Homosexuality is like any other fetish...some are so into it, they can't be turned on otherwise. They may retain that preference...or change. They are not "faking"....they really are into what they claim. And if they switch...and even back and forth, or both...they are sincere about it.
But as long as it is all consenting...no one should ever be judged negatively for it, or about it. It has no bearing on their overall character...nor is it even a character issue. All should be free to engage as they prefer in that regard.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:35 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post

Procreation is instinctive...so hetero is the default. But people have many fetishes...and are turned on by what may turn others completely off. They are just perferences...like a favorite flavor or music. Preferences can change.
Homosexuality is like any other fetish...some are so into it, they can't be turned on otherwise. They may retain that preference...or change. They are not "faking"....they really are into what they claim. And if they switch...and even back and forth, or both...they are sincere about it.
Oy vez!

Old 03-20-2017, 03:18 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
I've seen people switch-up...and go back and forth.
Married to one gender...get divorced...then marry the other.
But as long as it is all consenting...no one should ever be judged negatively for it, or about it. It has no bearing on their overall character...nor is it even a character issue. All should be free to engage as they prefer in that regard.
Most people fall somewhere on a scale of interest or attraction to a particular expression of sexuality, with the great majority placed nearer the heterosexual end simply because of that procreation imperative mentioned. When we speak of "homosexual" we are generally speaking of those relatively few who are simply and exclusively attracted to the same sex. The rest of us are pretty much capable of forming some attachments outside our normal preferences and finding expression of that kind of feeling through activity not within our norm.
I think this is what you are talking about, at least in regard to relatively stable relationships ass opposed to profligacy.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Most people fall somewhere on a scale of interest or attraction to a particular expression of sexuality, with the great majority placed nearer the heterosexual end simply because of that procreation imperative mentioned. When we speak of "homosexual" we are generally speaking of those relatively few who are simply and exclusively attracted to the same sex. The rest of us are pretty much capable of forming some attachments outside our normal preferences and finding expression of that kind of feeling through activity not within our norm.
I think this is what you are talking about, at least in regard to relatively stable relationships ass opposed to profligacy.
Homosexuals are typically more "free loving" than heteros....with young male homosexuals being the most promiscuous of all groups.
This really has nothing to do with switching from gay to straight. That is something I was saying to note that the woman in the OP was not unique in that respect. Nor would she have been if she was hetero and went bi or lesbian.
I don't think she is "fake"...as was suggested.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:12 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Homosexuals are typically more "free loving" than heteros....with young male homosexuals being the most promiscuous of all groups.
This really has nothing to do with switching from gay to straight. That is something I was saying to note that the woman in the OP was not unique in that respect. Nor would she have been if she was hetero and went bi or lesbian.
I don't think she is "fake"...as was suggested.
pure prejudice. You apparently don't know how randy heterosexual males are. The percentage of real devotion is fairly small in humans.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:02 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
its not that hard, no punn intended. There is no line in the sand for this. All to often, people have black and white thinking on people's make up in terms of chemical mixtures.

A person can have gay tendencies and never have to act on them due to the social setting around them. Due to the state of the machine (here the body) its possible that a straight life is as easy for them as drinking water over soda at dinner time, even though they may think of soda every now and again.

Others, due to the chemical mixtures and social setting may indulge in the activity once or twice in their life and never really want to do it again. These events can happen for any number of reasons, none of them have to be morally or socially wrong. In fact, if it helps a person find themselves or understand another person, I not only have no problem with it, I think its a good idea. it just grosses me out, thats my bad.

As long as we are as open and honest as we can be. Hiding it and causing massive family disruption can be a major issue. It doesn't have to, of course, but it often leaves one person very hurt and thats hard to overcome sometimes.

The notion of "being cured" is silliness. Like I am cured from being over weight because I exercise. However, what some BLTB communities won't admit to is that we can induce a chemical swing in the body to change a persons tendencies.

The BLT community is fine using medicine to swing one way but they are not so fine in admitting it can swing a person's tendencies to match their body parts. That's just a fact.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 03-20-2017 at 06:11 AM..

Old 03-20-2017, 06:07 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
pure prejudice. You apparently don't know how randy heterosexual males are. The percentage of real devotion is fairly small in humans.
what he is saying is that at places like a bar on Friday night, gay men will engage in more activity than straight men. As a percentage, I bet that's true.

But like you are alluding too, we would need to see a study to be sure.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
This is pretty common knowledge.
I wasn't being prejudiced...as if I would ever look negatively on anyone for how many sexual partners hey have had.
The myth of male homosexual monogamy
Any search brings up a mountain of info about this. Check it out...you'll see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality