Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times

Advertisements

Anyone study or learn anything about this?

Let me know if you've researched or studied them.

Thanks and Blessings to All
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 07:40 PM

110 posts, read 377,334 times
The Emerald Tablet, alleged to have been written by Hermes Trismegistus, is a coded instruction list studied by Hermeticists and used by alchemists to (attempt to) transmute matter.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraMoon View Post
The Emerald Tablet, alleged to have been written by Hermes Trismegistus, is a coded instruction list studied by Hermeticists and used by alchemists to (attempt to) transmute matter.
Good definition. Hermes (Thoth)

Have you studied any of it? I'd like to discuss it if you have, the little I've read is very fascinating.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:44 PM

110 posts, read 377,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Good definition. Hermes (Thoth)

Have you studied any of it? I'd like to discuss it if you have, the little I've read is very fascinating.
I've studied The Kybalion, which is related. The Kybalion focuses on the principles of Hermeticism. It's well worth studying. In fact, The Kybalion would help in understanding the Emerald Tablet. Of course, it's important to understand that even alchemists who have spent lifetimes studying may not understand the Emerald Tablet.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:28 PM

Ha, so true. It is no easy read, but the more you read them the more enlightened you become. Thanks for the info!

Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 AM

40 posts, read 73,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Anyone study or learn anything about this?

Let me know if you've researched or studied them.

Thanks and Blessings to All

Yes!
I'm glad there's a thread about alchemy.

The Kybalion is one of those books that everytime u reread it, u can find a new practical application for each moment of your life

Old 12-23-2008, 07:35 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,316,957 times
It is true without a lie, certain and most veritable, that what is below is like what is above and that what is above is like what is below, to perpetrate the miracles of one thing.

And as all things have been, and come from one by the meditation of one; this all things have been born from this single thing by adaption.

the Sun is its father and the Moon its mother.

The Wind has carried it in his belly and the Earth is its nurse. The father of all perfection in the world is here.

Its force or power is entire if it is turned into earth.

Thou shalt separate the Earth from the Fire, the subtle from the gross, softly and with great ingenuity.

It rises from the Earth to the sky and again descends into the Earth, and receives the force of things superior and inferior.

Thou shalt have by these means the glory of the world. And therefore all obscurity shall flee from thee.

And this is the strength strong of all strength. For it shall vanquish any thing subtle and anything solid penetrate.

Thus the world is created.

From this shall be and shall proceed admirable adaptations, of which the means is here.

And in this connection I am called Hermes Trismegistus, having the three parts of the philosophy of all the world.

It is finished, what I have said of the operation of the sun.

That is the full text of the emerald tablet, sorry if I stuffed any up it's late at night here. I have looked at this as part of my study of the tarot. Tarot holds a lot of the symbolism of alchemy so I have a few books on the subject.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:04 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
I have found some books by Alice Bailey very elucidating. Some of the comments in them may be taken in several interpretations, depending on your level of openness' or experience.

In particular, I like the Treatise on Cosmic Fire and the Treatise on White Magic.

A person has to get used to the archaic way of expression, but I find third eye chakra sensations while reading these works.

They are free, online.
The Online Books Page: Alice Bailey (Bailey, Alice, 1880-1949)

and they are also free here, if you register:
Lucis - Books on-line

Old 12-24-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaThoR View Post
Yes!
I'm glad there's a thread about alchemy.

The Kybalion is one of those books that everytime u reread it, u can find a new practical application for each moment of your life
Very nice, thanks for bringing this up again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality