Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 02:40 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,113,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post

Do all religions lead to God?

All religions can't be wrong, but I can't help to know what the Bible has told me.
Truth is not subjective. It's objective. The truth is what it is regardless of political correctness. The truth is not voted on. It's not subject to majority rule. It's not subject to Snowflakes or their Safe Spaces. The truth is not subject to protests.

So, to answer the questions above:

No, all religions do not lead to God, except to stand before Him in judgment on the final day.

Only biblical Christianity leads to God. Every other religion has created their own god, which is not only a false god, but a god that doesn't exist.

Jesus Himself said in John 14:6, "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

He didn't say He's A way, A truth or A life. He is THE way and THE truth. Singular. Non-negotiable. Objective. Unchanging.

So, in that light, there is only one God and one true religion. People hate hearing that but it's THE truth. God created the world and everything - and everyone - in it. He gets to make the rules.

That naturally leads to the answer of the second statement in the above quote as: Yes, all other religions CAN be, and ARE wrong.

The authority of the scriptures is established in the 100% perfect fulfillment of every prophecy up to this point in human history. No other religion compares or even dares make the claims the Bible does. Also, the documented historical, archeological and scientific proof of the scriptures is irrefutable. People can choose to deny the evidence, but, once again, that doesn't change the truth because it's objective to the facts, which are documented evidence of the people, places, stories and prophecies of the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 03:05 PM

19,074 posts, read 27,661,661 times
Quote:
I have just seen so much with people who claim to follow, preach, and teach God's word, but do not follow it. For instance...a preacher that I know who divorced his wife and married his mistress, had an affair with another women, while in the act had a stroke and his wife found him. She is now trying to find a way to slowly kill him, I presume (lol) He has had many substance abuse issues and uses the bible to manipulate people.

That is just one example. I know you are supposed to look at the fruit that they bear, try the spirit...and this can be an example of false prophet...I know that am responsible for my life and how I live. I understand that people are fallible and make mistakes. I am just and having a hard time right now with my faith. Deciding what is right-

Biblically, the above-the sin of man, has led to God's wrath before in regards to the flood. He couldn't bare to see what man has done.

I fear the Lord as well as revere him, but I am at a crossroads.

My head hurts now.

Jilly, don't be silly.
Your head will hurt even worse, if you were to listen to others. Everyone has a naval and everyone has opinion. Everyone's opinion is the ultimate truth.
All you need to do is to find YOURS. That will be it.
As it's yours, then you are at peace.
The only way you can find it is through meditation. It does not mean you have to become a buddhist or zen monk. Prayer is a meditation also.
But, unless you find your way, your head will be nothing but overflowing cup continuosly filled with new and new and new - junk. As whatever comes from the outside is pretty much that. Whatever you find through the inner - is yours.
Wishing you well.

Old 07-03-2017, 03:06 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,771,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No. All religions don't lead to God.

If Jesus is who He claimed to be, then what He said about Him and Him alone being the way, the truth, and the life is true which means that you can only come to God the Father through Him.
John 14:6 Jesus replied, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Satan is the god of this age and uses the various religions to blind men to the truth which is that there is no other name given under heaven by which you must be saved than Jesus.
Acts 4:11 This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. 12] And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
You are going to have to decide for yourself whether you believe that Jesus is who He claimed to be, and that what He said is true.

I'll point you to the following book to help you decide.

''Cold Case Christianity'' by J. Warner Wallace. The sub-title is ''A Homicide Detective Investigates the Claims of the Gospels.''

You can also listen to him on YouTube. I'm listening to it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkllFXIsV6M

I'll tell you though. If you're looking for an excuse to leave Christianity behind, there are plenty of people on this religion forum who are more than willing to try and lure you away from it.
That video was making the familiar argument - let's take it as read that the accounts are reliable eyewitness testimony. You and I have discussed it enough to see that there are serious reasons to question that they are any such thing.

And, as you say, if there are any who wish to look into that aspect, Here I am.

Old 07-03-2017, 03:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,418,445 times
"Do all religions lead to God?"
Gee, jilly...just going to get the mail and waking up in the morning is leading to God!
This I know...it is my perspective.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:27 PM

1,058 posts, read 677,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Jilly, don't be silly.
Your head will hurt even worse, if you were to listen to others. Everyone has a naval and everyone has opinion. Everyone's opinion is the ultimate truth.
All you need to do is to find YOURS. That will be it.
As it's yours, then you are at peace.
The only way you can find it is through meditation. It does not mean you have to become a buddhist or zen monk. Prayer is a meditation also.
But, unless you find your way, your head will be nothing but overflowing cup continuosly filled with new and new and new - junk. As whatever comes from the outside is pretty much that. Whatever you find through the inner - is yours.
Wishing you well.
THAT makes perfect sense! Thank you!!! I've been reading all kinds of stuff on here and it really gets you thinking!

Old 07-03-2017, 06:07 PM

11,051 posts, read 6,007,787 times
The real question would be 'do any religions lead to God?'

Old 07-03-2017, 06:39 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,173,895 times
"Do all religions lead to God"?

Don't follow religions. Follow Jesus, His Son.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:43 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,605,114 times
Quote:
Being born and raised in the South, I grew up in church (baptist and Pentecostal) and I have studied the Bible somewhat and try to live an honest life despite mistakes and temptations, but I can't help but think their is more than one way. If Christianity is the only choice and I grew up in a region that practiced another religion, then does that mean I'm doomed?

I was hanging out in the book store yesterday and chatted with a fella that told me his mom was a Buddhist monk and his dad was Christian. He stopped practicing Christianity because someone told him his mother was going to hell.

Is it that man has corrupted religion so badly that's why so many are turned off by Christianity in particular? I'm starting to get to the point where I believe God is love and my religion will be love. People use religion as a means for their own political gains and hate agenda, but then I see the other side of Christians really walking the walk. I sifted through some of the atheist forums just to get a glimpse of why some have parted with religion all together.

All religions can't be wrong, but I can't help to know what the Bible has told me.
most self help systems can lead to a better us.

bad people screw it up, but the teachings are not all bad.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:24 PM

19,074 posts, read 27,661,661 times
Jesus said - all religions lead to god, as whichever direction you walk, you will always come to ocean. Now, that is said not in the Bible you believe.
Jilly, again, here's a simple wisdom.
truth is only what what one experienced. Existentially speaking, only what was personally learned, known by one, is true. The rest is hearsay and rumors. Opinions.
Unfortunately, people tend to believe others. this is normal. Natural to a human nature. Takes rather a very brave attitude to say - I have not experienced, it is not true.
But if you were to accept this approach (for example, same was told by one Gautam buddha to his disciples) you can then apply it to your faith. What will be a revelation.As it will go like this: Ok, I read a book called Bible. That is mine. Have I experienced god then? No. Have I experienced anything Bible speaks of? No. Or, maybe, some. Ok, then that some is true and the other is not. For me.
From that on, you can very simply apply this critical thinking to anything in your life. Especially, to your spiritual life. Say, you fell on your knees and broke down into tears and prayed and prayed and prayed - and you had it! Some exalting experience that YOU know is not of this world. That is yours also. You HAD it. Then you can keep following that path deeper and deeper. Then maybe true prayer is your path. Aka, path of hasid.
Or, you can simply sit and enjoy a beautiful day. let everything go. Just immerse into the reality. Lose yourself in it. Become one with the NOW. It happens - it's yours. You may pursue that path then. Tantra path.
There are many paths. over 960 actually.
But they all lead to same. Learn yourSelf.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:34 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,353,772 times
Quote:
Being born and raised in the South, I grew up in church (baptist and Pentecostal) and I have studied the Bible somewhat and try to live an honest life despite mistakes and temptations, but I can't help but think their is more than one way. If Christianity is the only choice and I grew up in a region that practiced another religion, then does that mean I'm doomed?

I was hanging out in the book store yesterday and chatted with a fella that told me his mom was a Buddhist monk and his dad was Christian. He stopped practicing Christianity because someone told him his mother was going to hell.

Is it that man has corrupted religion so badly that's why so many are turned off by Christianity in particular? I'm starting to get to the point where I believe God is love and my religion will be love. People use religion as a means for their own political gains and hate agenda, but then I see the other side of Christians really walking the walk. I sifted through some of the atheist forums just to get a glimpse of why some have parted with religion all together.

Do all religions lead to God? Hmmm. The Aztec God required that a still beating heart be ripped from a victim's chest everyday. The Christian God repeatedly ordered that hundreds of women and children and babies should be hacked to death with swords. Could be the same one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality