Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 11:19 AM

11,021 posts, read 5,987,049 times

Advertisements

It reminds me of the time I got lost in the bush. I was following a trail on my map down a spur to a stream that flowed from right to left. But when I came to the stream it was flowing uphill! From left to right! I was very disorientating and very difficult to get my bearing right again. I was convinced that stream flow the other way. Well, I had veered off a bit and had come to a different stream, one the joined the target stream a short distance on.

I guess this is how it is for these folks. In their minds they think it is one way and when the hard evidence shows it's another way, they disbelieve the evidence. Even to the extent of thinking the stream is flowing uphill!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 11:24 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
If I came across a stream that was flowing uphill, it'd disorientate me!

Old 08-07-2017, 11:51 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
God certainly does snot exist in the minds of many. It's just that you can't establish in any way that He doesn't. A God who does exist is any way is One you need to concern yourself with.
How exactly do you establish that something does NOT exist, other than to point out that no such thing is anywhere to be found? Many believers are offended when non believers compare the Flying Spaghetti Monster to God. But you see, the two things that God and the Flying Spaghetti Monster definitely do have in common is that neither are anywhere to be found, and NEITHER can be proven not to exist. And because of these facts they can be assigned any attributes that anyone chooses to assign to them.

Last edited by Tired of the Nonsense; 08-07-2017 at 12:09 PM..

Old 08-07-2017, 07:06 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,669,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It's ok to believe an delusion and myth - but it has to be the right one.
I did not say that.

I ment to believe in the Moses and Jesus and Mahammad and the others prophets the true prohets

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad,
he who amongst the community of Jews or Christians hears about me,
but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sent
and dies in this state (of disbelief),
he shall be but one of the denizens of Hell-Fire.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:14 PM

2,776 posts, read 2,669,886 times
Quote:
And where in the Gospels does Jesus ever suggest that one should disbelieve what happens in front of his eyes, if someone swears on the Quran that it didn't happen. What a hoot from the religion that purports to disprove atheism on the grounds that they wouldn't believe Islam even if there was incontrovertible evidence.
may be Jesus thought that the man is stealing and to know how important this declaration is

" by Allah, except Whom there is None who has the right to be worshipped'"

Old 08-07-2017, 09:35 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
if Moses existed why Jesus doesn't exist?
Can you show verifiable evidence of this 'Moses'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
God certainly does snot exist in the minds of many. .
I agree. God is snot!

Quote:
Utter cheek and dishonesty. I have explained discrepancies three times and you have simply ignored them and now demand I 'prove' them (a stock Eusebian ploy - if you deny everything, it hasn't been proved) I have posted them - now it's down to you to show they are NOT contradictions.
Why do you bother with this tripe my dear old hosepipe. Both you and I have had enough dialogue with this poster to know that it is Eusebius resurrected. Exactly the same arguments presented in exactly the same way with exactly the same denials and refusals to answer questions from anyone whilst demanding that we answer his questions. It's Eusebius to a T! Ignore him and he'll go away...to re-emerge with another alias shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Where is the Flying Pig picture Raf?!
Your post wasn't worth the pig old chum.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Your post wasn't worth the pig old chum.
I understand that you know everything I wrote was valid and true, and you usually reserve the Flying Pig for things that are not objectively meritorious like my post was...but I still dig that picture.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:01 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I understand that you know everything I wrote was valid and true, ....
Now THAT IS worth it!

Old 08-08-2017, 04:36 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
may be Jesus thought that the man is stealing and to know how important this declaration is

" by Allah, except Whom there is None who has the right to be worshipped'"
And maybe not. And maybe the muslim writers put a lot os self -serving quotes into jesus' mouthfor their own polemic purpoes, just as the paulinits Greek Christians put a load of their self -serving views into Jesus the mouth of The Jewish messianist Jesus really was.
Quote:
I did not say that.

I ment to believe in the Moses and Jesus and Mahammad and the others prophets the true prohets

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad,
he who amongst the community of Jews or Christians hears about me,
but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sent
and dies in this state (of disbelief),
he shall be but one of the denizens of Hell-Fire.
No, but you should. As clearly believing in Moses, and abrahan and Jesus and the Ark will still see you burning in the hellfire you speak of - unless one believes in the Koran and Mohammed (variously spelt, and since you have come up with Mahammad, I can't be bothered trying to get it "Right") so, the delusion and myth has to be the right one - or you burn. Of course the Jesus believers say the same about you.

If you want to find someone who doesn't think either of you wil burn, you need an atheist.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:26 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,542 times
Quote:
Utter cheek and dishonesty. I have explained discrepancies three times and you have simply ignored them and now demand I 'prove' them (a stock Eusebian ploy - if you deny everything, it hasn't been proved) I have posted them - now it's down to you to show they are NOT contradictions.
To say you have proved anything is utter cheek and dishonesty. I have showed they are not contradiction. Your problem is that you are not able to understand what I say. You don't even know that asking is not demanding, but you like to embellish your remarks thinking they will add to your comments. Think again,

Quote:
The museums full of verified evidence, the verified evidence of DNA, which you dismissed with a display of double standards (1) and the in your face morphological evidence that you simply (as Eusebius) refused to look at.
Then it should be easy for you to post some examples, but since you don't really understand
DNA or scientific evidence, you are unable to do so.

Quote:
Game over, as I said, despite your whingeing.
You'll be back, but if not have a+ day.

Quote:
(1) ignoring the 90 -odd % DNA links for primates than with other bioforms - which is a relationship -pattern that holds throughout the biosphere, and saying the few percent difference means there in no genetic relation.
I didn't ignore it, I explained it but evidently you don't understand even the simmple things about DNA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality