Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Animals are capable of conditioning, not enlightenment.
Perhaps you just need to evolve a little more.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:04 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Perhaps you just need to evolve a little more.
As usual, nothing to add to a thread topic but personal belittling.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:05 AM

Quote:
As usual, nothing to add to a thread topic but personal belittling.
As usual, all the sense of humour of a turnip.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:11 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
As usual, all the sense of humour of a turnip.
What about addressing the topic of the thread?

Old 07-17-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
What about addressing the topic of the thread?
Threads are living things. They go on tangents sometimes. It happens.

As to the topic, if the people who believe climate change isn't real don't get their heads out of their rear ends and/or holy books, chances are their grandchildren will suffer terrible consequences.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:31 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Threads are living things. They go on tangents sometimes. It happens.

As to the topic, if the people who believe climate change isn't real don't get their heads out of their rear ends and/or holy books, chances are their grandchildren will suffer terrible consequences.

Yeah, this was the best page of the whole thread.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:36 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, this was the best page of the whole thread.
Y'gotta love a good Rhubarb.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:20 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
*And it's completely nonsensical to claim that humanity is somehow worse than other species for all that. We're just different. We have different strengths and weaknesses.[
*You missed something as I never once compared humans as being a worse species. What I compared is humans to other animal species, and pointed out that humans alone are responsible for the demise of planet earth. Humans don't live in a symbiotic relationship with Earth...in fact they do the opposite. No other animal species has even come close to doing what humans have done to Earth.
Quote:
I have not existed as a nonhuman organism. I do not know what that feels like. I'd have to have experienced that to decide whether it would be better for humans to exist or not.
Why would you have to exist as another animal to understand the damage humans are doing to Earth? Show me any other animal species that is contributing to the 6th Mass Extinction? You can't.
Quote:
Here you go:https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...bea186fbda.jpg
That is one of the many reasons why humanity is not a parasitic cancer of this Earth
It's the exact reason why humans have spread like a parasitic cancer. Overpopulation does not happen without having babies.
Quote:
Our ancestors did not live in harmony with nature.
Yes they did. We have no data to support that our ancestors harmed other ecosystems and contributed to the demise of Earth during their 6 Million years living here. Humans on the other hand have only been around for 200,000 years and look at how quickly they have ruined Earth.
Quote:
They probably lived often cold, hot, or hungry. We invented tools so as to be less cold, hot and hungry. They died of things like starvation, disease, thirst, or being eaten.
They would not have survived for 6 Million years or evolved into modern humans if they did not learn how to survive during those 6 Million years. Ancient humans made fires and also used tools. I suggest you read up on ancient humans.
Quote:
Yeah, we might go extinct, and we are bringing about a mass extinction
No we WILL go extinct...we are not immune to it. Every living species that has ever walked this earth has gone extinct...we are no special snowflake that's going to escape extinction. In fact we are causing this to happen to us at a very rapid pace. Natural background extinction is not the same as the rapid mass extinction caused by humans. What modern humans have done has never been seen on this Earth before. You bet the Earth would be much better off without humans and in fact that's were it's heading.
Quote:
...but I think you're quite foolish if you believe Earth will necessarily be worse or better off without us, given that you have not actually experienced life as those other species (so long as humans are included as part of the Earth).
I think you are rather foolish to not understand how long this Earth was doing just fine until the modern human evolved 200,000 years ago.
Quote:
They are born. They live. They die. Does it really necessarily make it worse for an individual member of a species to never have been born because humans drove its kind into extinction than for it to have lived, but been eaten by a predator?
Existing without the possibility of extinction dangling in front of your face is far different than a species undergoing the process of extinction. Perhaps you would have a better perspective if you were a species on the brink of extinction.

I suggest you read up on the effects of overpopulation on Earth.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:28 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I am responding to your insult here ... in the same manor you just insulted me. well, you tried to:

Like I told you before. I will stack my paper against yours any day. At best your biology, maybe even Phd biology. You work with a gorilla, that's cool and all, but let's be real, its only a gorilla. Its just not that complicated. its less complicated than a 3 year old human child. Let's do long shots on that biology piece of paper of yours in the bioz urinal .
You lack the ability to hold an intelligent productive discussion and you demonstrate a lack knowledge about most things I post. You have nothing to stack against me, you only have an ego and antagonistic rants that make no sense to anyone but you. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

Laymen always get it wrong.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:15 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Heck Modern humans have only needed about 10,000 years to ruin earth since going off-track. To do a comparison one need only study recent and current hunter-gatherer societies and see how working within an ecology works. Average 30 hours a week to get everything they need to live comfortably as I recall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality