Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2023, 04:35 AM

2,770 posts, read 2,667,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
You're taking your own holy book out of context, to suit your mental gymnastics. 51:48 (the next verse after this one) uses the same word in reference to the earth, which refutes that your 51:47 was talking about the expansion of the universe.

The verse that follows that one is:

"As for the earth, We spread it out. How superbly did We smooth it out! And the earth We spread it out, How well We smoothed it out."

It makes no sense to interpret the same word as having a completely different meaning in the next verse.
your reamark is very smart.

the verse you wrote does not mean spread but it means
laid out and paved as laying out a bed or carpet
but the translatores used that word

however there is more than one verse in The Holy Quran about spreading the earth
and that refers to that The Earth is spherical and it has no end where evere you go on the earth
the earth still spreading.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2023, 04:08 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
The Quran is true because the Quran says it's true.

Evangelical Christians, take note.

Old 12-15-2023, 05:09 AM

The Quran is true because it is from Allah the only god

He wanted to find mistakes in the Quran and he got impressed from the first verse of the Quran
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP2GQQ8KsqY

He wanted to find mistakes in the Quran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eivo61sutfM

For those who have the intention and desire for the truth and can give ten minutes of their life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpb0F_aVt0s&t=321s

Last edited by truth_teller; 12-15-2023 at 05:25 AM..

Old 12-15-2023, 08:17 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Weird how Allah seems to have dictated so many errors. If Allah actually dictated the Quran, then he's a mess of a god. He makes errors, and doesn't understand what the Almighty God Yahweh has said.

Old 12-15-2023, 04:16 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Christians say the same thing about the Bible and the Christian God. How do we know who is right?

Old 12-16-2023, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Christians say the same thing about the Bible and the Christian God. How do we know who is right?
regardless .

all the previous holy books were replaced by the final one
The Noble Quran

Old 12-17-2023, 09:22 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
unquestionable evidences

How did Mahammad Know this

The creator told him
it is not only the atheists that are in dangerous but also those who do not follow Mahammad.
-----------
-----
---
The exact number was not known even in 20th century .

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
A human being has three hundred and sixty joints for each of which he must give alms.
The people asked him: Who is capable of doing this ?
He replied: It may be mucus in the mosque which you bury, and something which you remove from the road;
but if you do not find such, two rak'ahs (prayer) in the forenoon will be sufficient for you.

How many joints are there in the human body?
640 muscles. 206 bones. 360 joints. Ask a Question
I remember this "unquestionable evidence" being presented to me many decades ago back when I was still a young man. I would think anyone impressed by this little diddy still today must also be a young man who hasn't seen this evidence considered countless times already. Or an older man who doesn't really understand much about all the explanation and evidence to the contrary. I've not bothered to visit this thread before, but upon a quick review for the first time this morning, I'm struck with how intractable your point of view truly is, and as such why all efforts to better educate in this thread prove entirely fruitless.

Or perhaps if you have otherwise learned something -- anything -- from those contributing to this thread that has helped you better understand why all you believe is not quite as you think, do make a point of sharing what that might be.

Meanwhile, preaching that "atheists are dangerous" reminds me of the ignorant belief that anyone who counters these sorts of beliefs must be "the work of the Devil." In all too many ways like this it seems that too many people haven't evolved or progressed much, or escaped the ways of some serious backward thinking. What a thing...

Old 12-17-2023, 09:46 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I remember this "unquestionable evidence" being presented to me many decades ago back when I was still a young man. I would think anyone impressed by this little diddy still today must also be a young man who hasn't seen this evidence considered countless times already. Or an older man who doesn't really understand much about all the explanation and evidence to the contrary. I've not bothered to visit this thread before, but upon a quick review for the first time this morning, I'm struck with how intractable your point of view truly is, and as such why all efforts to better educate in this thread prove entirely fruitless.

Or perhaps if you have otherwise learned something -- anything -- from those contributing to this thread that has helped you better understand why all you believe is not quite as you think, do make a point of sharing what that might be.

Meanwhile, preaching that "atheists are dangerous" reminds me of the ignorant belief that anyone who counters these sorts of beliefs must be "the work of the Devil." In all too many ways like this it seems that too many people haven't evolved or progressed much, or escaped the ways of some serious backward thinking. What a thing...
True believers in Islam, like fundamentalist Christians, live in mindsets that are completely closed to what you and I would consider rational thought and reason. Islamic true believers, for some reason, are even more "closed" and hyper-sensitive to whatever they consider disrespectful. They are scary people, IMO.

Old 12-18-2023, 11:03 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
True believers in Islam, like fundamentalist Christians, live in mindsets that are completely closed to what you and I would consider rational thought and reason. Islamic true believers, for some reason, are even more "closed" and hyper-sensitive to whatever they consider disrespectful. They are scary people, IMO.
"Closed minded" perhaps, and this certainly seems the case, but when forever offering up what they consider facts, reason and logic to support their beliefs, you can't help but think they would appreciate an evaluation of those facts, reasons and logic. Evaluation, validation and/or better understanding. I don't know what to make of people who promote the likes as if in some sort of mental vacuum. I mean "unquestionable evidences?" What CAN they be thinking?

Not sure there is anything to respect about any of that, or good reason to accept any of that, but then again, why bother with the likes? I should know better...

Old 12-18-2023, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
"Closed minded" perhaps,....
I mean "unquestionable evidences?" What CAN they be thinking?
Will they then not meditate on the Qur'an, or are there locks on the hearts?

its raining cats and dogs means Raining very heavily

unquestionable evidences means strong evidence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality