Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2017, 06:39 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

Bible 'promises' from the book of Lamentations of Jeremiah.

I am doing a project to find all Bible promises that I can. Some say there are hundreds of them, others say there are thousands of promises in the Bible.

I have reviewed the site TOS. I am not asking 'only' Christians because this is not a Christian-only discussion.

I have found a few websites that mention Bible promises, but they list only a few dozen.

So I have begun working through the books of the Bible to find them. For now just focusing on the book of the Lamentations of Jeremiah. What promises can you find?

Please list them in this thread.

Thank you,
may God bless and keep you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 07:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
So I have begun working through the books of the Bible to find them.
For now just focusing on the book of the Lamentations of Jeremiah.
What promises can you find?

I thought you working thru the Bible....now you're giving us homework to do what
you wanted to do?
No, I'm good. I'll read what you find.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I thought you working thru the Bible....now you're giving us homework to do what
you wanted to do?
No, I'm good. I'll read what you find.
I am processing through each book of the Bible.

If someone wishes to help, I welcome the assistance.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:39 AM

THE Lamentations of Jeremiah

2:17 The LORD hath done that which He had devised; He hath fulfilled His word that He had commanded in the days of old:

3:21 This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
:22 It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.
:23 They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness.

3:24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
:25 The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
:26 It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

3:32 But though he cause grief, yet will he have compassion according to the multitude of his mercies.
33 For he doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men.

3:37 Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?
38 Out of the mouth of the most High proceedeth not evil and good?

Old 08-31-2017, 08:09 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Bible 'promises' from the book of Lamentations of Jeremiah.

I am doing a project to find all Bible promises that I can. Some say there are hundreds of them, others say there are thousands of promises in the Bible.

I have reviewed the site TOS. I am not asking 'only' Christians because this is not a Christian-only discussion.

I have found a few websites that mention Bible promises, but they list only a few dozen.

So I have begun working through the books of the Bible to find them. For now just focusing on the book of the Lamentations of Jeremiah. What promises can you find?

Thank you,
may God bless and keep you
This is a discussion forum, not a research site. I'm sure you can find better sources then here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality