Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 09:51 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times

Advertisements

We've all been fairly aware of the overall decline in the character we were originally supposed to support from our creator. However as we all to well know, that has been in a serious decline and all those things declared an "abomination" to HIM are becoming frightfully the norm (gay, bisexual, incest you name it). I've recently been pretty slammed by some on the forums over there as it seems there has been significant "Californication" going on with the influx of people moving there. They now even have a gay mayor and Gay Pride Day. Tons more drugs in town with lots of overdoses of Meth and Heroin. Some might argue that Sodom and Gemmorah is pretty well established in say San Francisco....but is Salt Lake yet another? Between that and it being the Moderator cut: No denomination bashing allowed. what do you think of this?

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-24-2017 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Removing derogatory reference to a church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 11:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
...snip... Some might argue that Sodom and Gemmorah is pretty well established in say San Francisco....but is Salt Lake yet another? Between that and it being the Moderator cut: No denomination bashing allowed. what do you think of this?
I think your notion is silly.

Seems like Salt Lake City is simply acknowledging and accepting reality. I understand that for fundamentalists, this is quite alarming.

But not for much longer because they'll be extinct in a generation or two.

Old 09-24-2017, 12:00 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think your notion is silly.

Seems like Salt Lake City is simply acknowledging and accepting reality. I understand that for fundamentalists, this is quite alarming.

But not for much longer because they'll be extinct in a generation or two.
Make it just the one

Old 09-24-2017, 12:30 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Make it just the one
And the world will be all rosy.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:00 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
We've all been fairly aware of the overall decline in the character we were originally supposed to support from our creator. However as we all to well know, that has been in a serious decline and all those things declared an "abomination" to HIM are becoming frightfully the norm (gay, bisexual, incest you name it). I've recently been pretty slammed by some on the forums over there as it seems there has been significant "Californication" going on with the influx of people moving there. They now even have a gay mayor and Gay Pride Day. Tons more drugs in town with lots of overdoses of Meth and Heroin. Some might argue that Sodom and Gemmorah is pretty well established in say San Francisco....but is Salt Lake yet another? Between that and it being the Moderator cut: No denomination bashing allowed. what do you think of this?
lol..it will not be in Utah.but either Charlotte NC or Lynchburg VA...

Old 09-24-2017, 05:10 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
what do you think of this?
Christmas turkeys come to mind.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:55 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And the world will be all rosy.
A bit rosier.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:50 PM

50,797 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
So you're saying you don't believe in democratic voting? Sounds anti-American to me.

And, btw, don't lump us all in the "We've all" anything.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:16 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
I think this is shrimp.

Shrimp and shellfish is declared an abomination to HIM, I do believe. And they are natural in the animal kingdoms. You can argue that heterosexual overbreeding weakens a population depending on certain environmental factors, and you can argue the same about other types of sex acts. The importance of this depends on how you want to use people as a means to an end.

As for rains of fire: it rains fire and the good and bad alike. Just look at the birds of the air and the lilies of the field, and how natural catastrophe also befalls them randomly.

You can rest assured that there were "worse cities" than Sodom and Gemmorah at the time they are described to exist.

Old 09-25-2017, 09:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
The real question should be, how long did it take before God stepped in and destroyed S and G in dramatic fashion? How many years/ decades, did it take for these 2 cities to become so depraved?

This may give some kind of indicator on how long it generally takes before God acts, Keep in mind though, any US city has only been around a little over a couple hundred years, and they have not always been this immoral.

Personally, I have a feeling the US is the biblical ***** of babylon, it fits with every description Ive seen, and no other nation compares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality