Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2017, 12:53 AM

1,220 posts, read 986,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You do know that an analog audio signal is simply variable voltage, right? Look at an old school speaker or a microphone and you will see only two wires, one for voltage in, the other for voltage out.

It is a relatively trivial excercise to receive a radio transmission from space and play it on the earphone speaker of a telephone rather than a radio speaker.

Have you ever seen old WW2 movies? The ones where some captain on a destroyer or submarine is talking on a telephone handset to another ship or naval base? Same technology, it is simply that the radio signal is being transmitted horizontally across the ocean rather than vertically into space.

If your Nixon anecdote is is what passes for evidence in your mind, you aren’t a very clear thinker.
Yeah... I'm sure you get a warm fuzzy glow to think of “our guys” having done “all that”...so naturally you have a prejudice for all the lunar-hoax business that is out there...right?
You do know that radio waves travel at the speed of light. Any live communication with the earth between Apollo 11 and Nixon would have to have the precise Earth-Moon delay in the conversations. They didn't with Nixon, much less Houston. Your 3 boys were never in any rocket ship...they were never on the moon. They were here on this flat earth with the rest of us.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Throw an "ed" on the end of that "bias", clear writer.
If I had meant bias(ed)...as in past tense...I would have made that perfectly clear. All I said was "bias"...as in currently.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:32 AM

Never had any homosexual ever demand that I trim their trees just because of their lifestyle choice. Neither has any heterosexual ever demanded that I trim their trees just because of their lifestyle choice. If that ever does happen, I won't be eating any cake.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:15 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Yeah... I'm sure you get a warm fuzzy glow to think of “our guys” having done “all that”...so naturally you have a prejudice for all the lunar-hoax business that is out there...right?
You do know that radio waves travel at the speed of light. Any live communication with the earth between Apollo 11 and Nixon would have to have the precise Earth-Moon delay in the conversations. They didn't with Nixon, much less Houston. Your 3 boys were never in any rocket ship...they were never on the moon. They were here on this flat earth with the rest of us.
So ... now you not only believe that the earth is flat, you also believe that the moon landing was a hoax.

What's next? Aliens at Area 51? That 9/11 was an inside job? Oswald didn't shoot Kennedy? That the world's leaders are all reptilians?

You might as well believe in all them if you're going to believe in one of them because they're all pretty much equally stupid and ridiculous -- well, except the one about reptilians. That one is *slightly* dumber than the rest of them.

Actually, I pretty much know what this is all about.

For instance, I have this friend who has played World of Warcraft -- an online computer game if you're not familiar with it -- for over 13 years now. That's all he plays. World of Warcraft. He plays it on his laptop so he can play it while sitting in front of the television. He can play it at McDonald's. He can play it in bed. He'd even play it in the bath tub if he wasn't worried about dropping his computer into the water.

The point being is that he has become so emotionally invested in the game, has spent so many years playing it that he simply cannot walk away from it. He and I used to play that game together but I walked away from it a decade ago, but he still plays it because he can't let it go.

Same with you and this nonsense about a flat earth. You've become so emotionally invested in this craziness that you can't let it go now. It means that no amount of facts or evidence will ever convince you that you're just dead-bang wrong. In fact, you're SO invested in this silliness that you now have to believe in an ever-increasing number of conspiracy theories just to maintain your delusion that you're right and 99.99999999% of the rest of humanity is wrong.

Now you have to accept the moon hoax conspiracy as truth, as well, despite the FACT that it has been thoroughly and scientifically debunked. Even the Soviets admit we landed on the moon and they had every reason to cry "fake!"

But don't let that stop you. I mean, it's much easier to believe in a truly massive multi-national, global conspiracy of silence that has gone on for at least 500 years than it is to believe the earth is a sphere. Yep. Every astronaut, every NASA employee, every scientist, every analyst, every soldier, every GPS manufacturer, every nuclear ballistic missile designer, every spy plane pilot -- essentially every last person who deals with orbiting satellites and space programs in Russia, Europe, China, India, and Japan, every last person in the military who sends up, maintains, and uses spy satellites, every person employed by a communications company that deals with communications satellites, every radar operator on board a warship who understands how the earth's curvature blocks radar line of sight -- where am I at, now, population-wise?

It has to be at LEAST 20 million people by now -- and that's only counting the people who have been alive in the past 50 years. Never mind scientists going as far back as Galileo who all kept this astounding secret.

And not one single whistleblower. Nope, not a one. No one has ever come forward and said, "Yeah, I worked on the Apollo program in NASA and I'm here to tell you that it was all faked." Not a single deathbed confession. Nothing.

Nor has anyone ever come forward and said, "Yeah, I helped maintain Verizon's satellite fleet and I know for a fact that the earth is flat" nor has anyone from the scientific community come forward and said, "I can't keep doing this -- it's time every scientist admitted that the earth is flat because only then can science progress!"

Nope. No one.

This is easily the biggest, longest-running, most wide-spread conspiracy of silence EVER in all of human history.

And despite how utterly ridiculous this is considering that the U.S. Air Force can't even keep a stealth bomber secret from the public for any longer than 7 to 10 years, you'll sit there and continue to believe that tens of millions of people actually knew the earth was flat -- they would have to have known in order to do their jobs -- and yet kept silent about it.

Instead of saying, "Yeah, that is a bit foolish, isn't it," you'll say, "Yeah! That's exactly what happened. They all kept silent!"

Because your emotional investment in this conspiracy is so profound that you'll say or believe anything in order to keep it going.

Just like my friend playing World of Warcraft for 13 years.

I really don't know why I'm even bothering to respond to this nonsense -- I mean, I ridicule religion all the time, but being a flat earther -- well, that is just screaming to be mocked and made fun of. Nothing anyone says will get you to come out of that fugue you're in so, yeah, why waste another keystroke on this.

Last edited by Shirina; 12-14-2017 at 02:23 AM.. Reason: There are no flat screen monitors. They're all spherical. My post looks flat on your screen but it's actually round. Muahaha!

Old 12-14-2017, 02:22 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Religion? It's (way past) time to grow up.
Psh. Like, what ever. Maturity is like so overrated.

*rides off on her stick horse*

Old 12-14-2017, 06:37 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:
Nicely done. At first I honestly thought you believed that stuff. Then you slid that flat earth reference in, and I knew you were trolling.

Have a nice day.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:40 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
If I had meant bias(ed)...as in past tense...I would have made that perfectly clear. All I said was "bias"...as in currently.
No. "Bias" on its own is not an adjective.

I'm only picking on it because I see this misspelling/misuse quite a bit around City-Data and it drives me a little crazy.

Carry on.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:11 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

I'm only picking on it because I see this misspelling/misuse quite a bit around City-Data and it drives me a little crazy.

Carry on.
The phrasing suggests he was using Bias as a noun and part of a compound name - Bias Troll - not as an adjective.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:11 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times
Quote:

Carry on.
Since we are wandering a bit, my pet peeve is ‘tenant’. That is a perfectly acceptable word in the real estate forum, but in this forum, people are usually referring to ‘tenets’, aka beliefs or principles.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:25 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,612,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Since we are wandering a bit, my pet peeve is ‘tenant’. That is a perfectly acceptable word in the real estate forum, but in this forum, people are usually referring to ‘tenets’, aka beliefs or principles.
There, their, they're. Youse guys want perfection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality