Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 09:25 PM

50,854 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
But it's almost like they were doing the "dirty work" for the rest of the country.
Next you'll be denying that slavery, segregation, and jim crow never existed in the heavily Christian south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 09:40 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,788 times
Quote:
I have to wonder how many atheists (or anyone else) would be surprised to learn that someone didn't do them some kind of harm, whatever the reason or motive. The only thing stopping the potential criminal being his religious fear of some kind of divine retribution.
This is nonsense. I fear public condemnation, fines and prison terms. The last thing I worried about as a Christian was punishment from god. I was “forgiven”. I’ve been atheist for 2+ years and have not changed my conduct. I do now have far more value for my and others lives. This life is no longer a drop in the sea waiting for eternity, but is a precious limited timespan.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:52 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Do you think that money causes atheism?

I think it is possible. A human being in his natural state should be working to sustain himself. But if someone is born with wealth or has more than he needs, he would assume that everything just comes easily. So he has no need to depend upon other people. He can make his own world because he has that power. If he had more DEPENDENCE upon the natural world, he would be better able to see the harmony and natural order of things.
Ridiculous! Being wealthy and an atheist does not necessitate not being better able to see the harmony and natural order of things.

I am an atheist, I was not born wealthy nor am I now wealthy.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:25 AM

16,786 posts, read 4,992,682 times
Quote:
It's sickening the way that intellectuals have such little regard for the religious people who do all the work that sustains them. The planting and gathering in the fields. The building and construction of their homes and workplaces. The building of roads and digging of ditches.
Knock the word 'religious' out of that (it's not required), and you still have a straw man.

Old 04-09-2018, 02:31 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yes but debauching, drunkenness, and dilatoriness could stand on their own even if they were the rationale.

Shoot, just being able to sleep in on Sunday morning justifies being an atheist.
Speaking for the International Atheist Conspiracy (1) I can reveal that this is all part of the Satanic Atheist Agenda in allowing Christianity to increasingly denounce more and more pleasures as satanic as if more and more denuncible Pleasures becoming accepted, public and going viral online wasn't making things harder for the Evangelicals.

Regrettably Atheism has its' toughest resistance in the Confederate States where, unlike the rest of Fundamentalist America (all of it except Vermont), they have blocked the atheist agenda by indulging in all forms of vice, debauch, depravity and many shades of Grey while publicly denouncing it.

Keep this secret - Hypocrisy is Christianity's most powerful weapon.

(1) see our Online store for best -selling products,
Books "Atheist Dogma explained" The atheist cookbook and "Atheist secrets you need to keep".

DvD's "How to resist the Truth of Theism," "Satan on your Shoulder" and "Fornication in the streets".

T shirts "Today gay marriage, tomorrow, global incest". Brick wall design with "Reserved for Christians"

All currencies or souls accepted on Pay -perdition.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-09-2018 at 02:36 AM.. Reason: misapplied apostrophies'

Old 04-09-2018, 02:40 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Knock the word 'religious' out of that (it's not required), and you still have a straw man.
Very good. That does show where the fallacy lies. We all do what we have to do, and we never forget others doing what they do. After all, the ditch digger does the job in a seat in a heated cab in a digger...produced by the designs of the smarter people rather than breaking his back in the pissing rain. And That is more than Christianity ever did for him other than promise him a life of ease after he dies.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:36 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
If you are able to argue something out of existence, it's as good as convincing yourself that it doesn't exist.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:24 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,788 times
Quote:
If you are able to argue something out of existence, it's as good as convincing yourself that it doesn't exist.
Wishing it into existence is irrational.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:58 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
Do you think that money causes atheism?

I think it is possible. A human being in his natural state should be working to sustain himself. But if someone is born with wealth or has more than he needs, he would assume that everything just comes easily. So he has no need to depend upon other people. He can make his own world because he has that power. If he had more DEPENDENCE upon the natural world, he would be better able to see the harmony and natural order of things.

Proverbs 30
The Words of Agur

"The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, the oracle.
(7) Two things I asked of You,
Do not refuse me before I die:
Keep deception and lies far from me,
Give me neither poverty nor riches;
Feed me with the food that is my portion,
That I not be full and deny You and say, “Who is the LORD?”
Or that I not be in want and steal,
And profane the name of my God."
The Love of money causes all sorts of problems.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:00 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,409,991 times
Quote:
It's sickening the way that intellectuals have such little regard for the religious people who do all the work that sustains them. The planting and gathering in the fields. The building and construction of their homes and workplaces. The building of roads and digging of ditches.

But this work is not important because it's all being done by superstitious sub-human creatures who don't matter.

Life is pretty easy when you can do whatever you want to do through a phone app. It's like literally speaking your own world into existence.
You mean self proclaimed intellectuals. Real ones believe in God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality