Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:59 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times

Advertisements

What is wrong with parents? Have they lost control, have they allowed the greedy corporations and Hollywood to shove-Blood and gore, violence, immoral sex, the occult in the movies, tv, video games, and music down our childrens throat? No not parents.
Some see gore and violence daily. The kid who shot 17 in Fla, went to lunch after--because what he saw was a normal daily activity. It did not phase him.
What we feed our minds and hearts is all there is to come out of those as well--This world has turned sick( 2Tim 3)--Its just as Jesus taught--Satan is ruling this system.
One wont worship the image of the beast unless it looks good to the mortal heart. --99% of you are being mislead. This world is an illusion of satans will( 2Cor 11:12-15)-
Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day(99% mislead)---being generous.
LOOK world.

Do you like this reality of todays world?

Last edited by kjw47; 05-22-2018 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 03:22 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
What is wrong with parents? Have they lost control, have they allowed the greedy corporations and Hollywood to shove-Blood and gore, violence, immoral sex, the occult in the movies, tv, video games, and music down our childrens throat? No not parents.
Some see gore and violence daily. The kid who shot 17 in Fla, went to lunch after--because what he saw was a normal daily activity. It did not phase him.
What we feed our minds and hearts is all there is to come out of those as well--This world has turned sick( 2Tim 3)--Its just as Jesus taught--Satan is ruling this system.
One wont worship the image of the beast unless it looks good to the mortal heart. --99% of you are being mislead. This world is an illusion of satans will( 2Cor 11:12-15)-
LOOK world.
Yes, we should instead teach them about all of the violence in your specific holy book, and threaten them with damnation/eternal hellfire/etc. Because that never causes any problems or issues, right? No offense, but your brand of religion causes far more problems and issues with people that watching horror movies. Period. End of story.

I grew up loving the 90's horror movies like Scream, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Silence of the Lambs, The Blair Witch Project, Candyman, Se7en, etc. I watched the first couple Saw movies, all of the 80's slasher flicks, Hostel, etc. I have never hurt anyone, and I am perfectly normal.

I grew up watching things like Cruel Intentions, American Pie, Wild Things, and other movies with "immoral sex", yet I am not sex addict. I am a perfectly well adjusted adult female with one partner.

I also play video games, have watched occult movies, and listen to Top 40 radio. I guarantee that even combining all of those things, I am far more well adjusted and normal than anyone in your religion, thank you very much.

Now if you want to have an actual conversation on the state of things, then so be it. Just leave your archaic religion out of it, because it is nothing more than a horror novel disguised as a holy book. Incest, pedophilia, murder, rage, etc....

Old 05-22-2018, 03:42 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
I don't subscribe to this crusade of righteous disapproval. It's easy to shake one's head at the bad stuff, but it was the same in my young day, and it was just the same - the Reactionary right battling against the elimination of inequality, the rule of the 'best people' and plenty of executions and birching.

Then the religious reaction in the 60's against permissiveness. Well, they lost that battle and they are going to keep on losing, because no matter how much they get their own way, it's NEVER going to be enough, because their failure to improve matters is always going to be blamed of the wicked not toeing the line.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:33 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
It's hardly just "parent's fault". We all could be blamed on some level. Much of it is cultural and political. Some of it is due to bogus churches and fake "Christians". There are parallels with fallen culture and politics. It's not just in the area of religious and spiritual belief.

We have freedom, and that includes freedom to choose unhealthy and counterproductive choices and influences.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
It's hardly just "parent's fault". We all could be blamed on some level. Much of it is cultural and political. Some of it is due to bogus churches and fake "Christians". There are parallels with fallen culture and politics. It's not just in the area of religious and spiritual belief.

We have freedom, and that includes freedom to choose unhealthy and counterproductive choices and influences.

Yes most use freedom as an excuse for sin. Yes many bogus churches and teachers( 2Cor 11:12-15)--only 99% of the religions that claim to be Christian. They do not listen to Jesus. Its sad what this world is today. Its always been bad though.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I don't subscribe to this crusade of righteous disapproval. It's easy to shake one's head at the bad stuff, but it was the same in my young day, and it was just the same - the Reactionary right battling against the elimination of inequality, the rule of the 'best people' and plenty of executions and birching.

Then the religious reaction in the 60's against permissiveness. Well, they lost that battle and they are going to keep on losing, because no matter how much they get their own way, it's NEVER going to be enough, because their failure to improve matters is always going to be blamed of the wicked not toeing the line.

All can see the whole world is falling apart quickly-- the worsening weather conditions is increasing at an alarming rate, prices soaring, new diseases carried by bugs, hearts filled with anger, fear and hatred worldwide. its all getting worse, everything is polluted including our food. There is no doubt whatsoever--Gods kingdom is mankinds only remaining hope. I truly believe it is getting close.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:31 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
A JW's glass is always half-empty.

Old 05-22-2018, 09:41 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
All can see the whole world is falling apart quickly-- the worsening weather conditions is increasing at an alarming rate, prices soaring, new diseases carried by bugs, hearts filled with anger, fear and hatred worldwide. its all getting worse, everything is polluted including our food. There is no doubt whatsoever--Gods kingdom is mankinds only remaining hope. I truly believe it is getting close.
JW's have been peddling this "The word is getting worse, isn't it?" line ever since I can remember. Food is actually less adulterated than it used to be. Bread used to have all sorts of crap put in it before regulations came in to ensure that it was a decent product. the side effects of pesticides are at least being considered. And disease? Population killers are nothing like as bad as they used to be. All this is done to give you a good life and your religion teaches you to moan and wail for God to come and end it all.

I sometimes think that if there was a God he would not waste a decent life on the unappreciative.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:00 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,351,362 times
Quote:
LOOK world.

Do you teach your children that there are devils and demons waiting to drag them to hell if they falter? Do you teach your children that hell is a real place, full of eternal pain and torment? If so then your make believe view of reality is vastly more harmful to your children's psyche than the fictional stuff portrayed in movies and video games.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:03 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
LOOK world.

Says the guy who follows a religion that has made about 10 different false prophecies of Jesus returning.

Top o' the morning to you, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality