Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 03:02 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,495,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Then get off your arse and help THEM.

I have less than many and more than some. That makes me privileged.

Oh yes I do. I have done voluntary work for most of my adult life, Seen the problems first hand. It just makes me sick to hear people in the developed world whinging and whining about their lot when most of them have never gone hungry...even for one day!

If you were homeless or sick I suggest that you do something about it instead of wasting your time crying on an anonymous internet forum. Sell your computer if you are hungry!

I know about people like you. We have a poster her who is in chronic pain EVERY DAY but you never hear her grizzling about it.
Yes, I cry all day and I do not do anything about my situation. Lol! You are just comical. I would appreciate it if you would no longer post on my thread. You are not helpful. There is no need to continue to brow beat people on the internet because you know every emotion of ever person at all times because you volunteer. Lol! I actually laughed out loud. I can only imagine what those people truly think of you. Lol!

People in pain and down on their luck never complain. I know this because I volunteer. Lol! Ridiculous! What would you tell a person if they had a bad day and did complain? I can imagine you telling them to suck it up, you are used to it. Lol!

I will no longer respond to your ridiculous posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 12:02 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,881,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
This reminded me--after Osama Bin Laden was killed and there was controversy over whether or not to publicly show photographs of his dead body, I was watching a talk show where some ME expert was talking about the event and the impact and aftereffects. They took phone calls from the public, and some mother called in all upset over the possibility that if they showed these terrible photographs of a dead man on television, how that might hurt her children psychologically. She had two young boys, and she didn't want them seeing such awful things on TV...

Rather impatiently, the talk show guest said, "Lady, there are children in this world who step over dead people every day while out searching for food. Seeing a picture of a dead person is not going to damage your kids for life." End of conversation.

A lot of times, perspective is helpful.
Quite so dear lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I would appreciate it if you would no longer post on my thread.
I'm sure you would but unfortunately, you don't get to vet who does or does not post on your thread. If you post on a public forum you will get responses from the public. That's just the way it is.

Quote:
You are not helpful.
I don't care. It irritates me that, after all the misery and suffering I have seen around the world, there are people like you, living a privileged lifestyle (yes you are privileged) complaining about their lot.

Quote:
There is no need to continue to brow beat people on the internet because you know every emotion of ever person at all times because you volunteer. Lol! I actually laughed out loud. I can only imagine what those people truly think of you. Lol!
Lol all you want. At least I've done my bit for humanity which, clearly, you have not.

Quote:
People in pain and down on their luck never complain. I know this because I volunteer.
I doubt you do. If you did you wouldn't be complaining about your lot. Helping out at with the Christmas dinner at the old peoples home is admirable but it's not really in the same league.

Quote:
Lol! Ridiculous! What would you tell a person if they had a bad day and did complain? I can imagine you telling them to suck it up, you are used to it. Lol!
Probably. When people say they have had a lousy day at work I tell them to be grateful that they have work.

Quote:
I will no longer respond to your ridiculous posts.
Please yourself but I'll still be responding to your ridiculous posts.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:21 AM

23,228 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
, living a privileged lifestyle (yes you are privileged) complaining about their lot.

That is so me, and I am really trying to change being a whiner, I catch myself doing it for alternative motives. It's bad habit that is learned by people. Then you go to work one day and some old man is showing you up at work, and you can't keep up. I wished I could wake up one morning and see life the way others do. I wake up and get depressed because I woke up, and people riddled with pain wake up all happy and hell about going to work.....I am like, what kind of psycho wakes up happy?

I am threatening people for the first 15 min saying,'' Don't speak to me you freaking moron, I haven't had my coffee, and you over their smiling like a cur dog?''

God I hate happy people, you can find some guy starving in India driving a bike peddling stupid people around town and he goes back to a house he built that is just a hole he dug, and this dude is happier than me and doesn't complain saying,'' I am the king of the world.''

God I hate happy people, freaks.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:41 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,881,591 times
You poor old Hannibal!

Old 06-24-2018, 05:40 AM

5,724 posts, read 7,495,923 times
I am feeling much better today. I really recommend journaling and taking walks. I have conversations with God out loud. I usually stop speaking when people are around but I am going to stop doing that. I will not be silenced.

There is something joyous about praising God openly. It is empowering to a certain extent. It is okay to give thanks, talk about what is hurting you, makes you angry or sad. It is okay to feel whatever you want. It is your devine right. Lucy does whatever he can to keep you there. You cannot work towards a solution until you understand the problem.

This brings me back to my original post. I understand why people commit suicide. I was so unbelievably sad about my situation when I wrote it. I was also thinking of Kate Spade. People were so amazed that this successful woman killed herself. The husband lied at first but the sister stated she had been battling mental illness for some time. Some say she sought treatment and others state she did not because it would tarnish her image. I was annoyed by the comments made about this woman. People were more concerned about her success than the fact she was a human being who was in excruciating pain. The bible states do not trust in people. I agree.

There are a lot of things I want that would make my life comfortable. I will work towards those with God's help but I know none of it will make me happy. Happiness to me is a quiet mind and a comfortable lifestyle. How do I achieve the quiet mind? How do I let go of things that do not matter anymore? I am not sure how. If only.... is a lie. People have what you want and they are still miserable. I do not know but I want to be free. I do not want to become a sad and a hateful person. There are too many people like that in the world. It is useless energy.

Last edited by goodlife36; 06-24-2018 at 05:59 AM..

Old 06-24-2018, 10:14 AM

88,701 posts, read 85,080,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That is so me, and I am really trying to change being a whiner, I catch myself doing it for alternative motives. It's bad habit that is learned by people. Then you go to work one day and some old man is showing you up at work, and you can't keep up. I wished I could wake up one morning and see life the way others do. I wake up and get depressed because I woke up, and people riddled with pain wake up all happy and hell about going to work.....I am like, what kind of psycho wakes up happy?

I am threatening people for the first 15 min saying,'' Don't speak to me you freaking moron, I haven't had my coffee, and you over their smiling like a cur dog?''

God I hate happy people, you can find some guy starving in India driving a bike peddling stupid people around town and he goes back to a house he built that is just a hole he dug, and this dude is happier than me and doesn't complain saying,'' I am the king of the world.''

God I hate happy people, freaks.
There's a thread on the Psychology forum called "Post your first world problems here." It's a chance for people to laugh at ourselves and see just how ridiculous we are complaining about the things we complain about.

Old 06-25-2018, 05:25 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,075,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
. I wished I could wake up one morning and see life the way others do. I wake up and get depressed because I woke up, and people riddled with pain wake up all happy and hell about going to work.....I am like, what kind of psycho wakes up happy?

If you want what they have, do what they do.

Those who wake up happy are the ones who went to sleep after their burdens of the day were removed by their creator.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:26 PM

23,228 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
If you want what they have, do what they do.

Those who wake up happy are the ones who went to sleep after their burdens of the day were removed by their creator.
And there we have it folks, the magic word,'' Sleep.'' I don't actually sleep, I cat nap. Dang, don't get me started, I will have to get a snot rag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality