Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 10:50 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Guess we all know where I am headed....i clock out at 2:00 pm EST so I am really feeling the heat..

hahahahahha. At least you admit it. Unlike BP who thinks what he is doing is not stealing.

He is in line with other fundamentalist ideologues. Do as I say, not what I do.

The blogger in the OP is so entrenched telling women what to be, she refuses to look at the men she desperately wants them to pair with.

What none of them realize is, not all women want to work at Wally World the rest of their lives making minimum wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 11:01 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
hahahahahha. At least you admit it. Unlike BP who thinks what he is doing is not stealing.
Some people have jobs where their employers allow them to use the internet. Honestly.

I'm salaried. I get paid to do a job. As long as I get the job done, my employer doesn't care what I do when I'm not doing it. Even if I'm sitting at work. I know it's crazy, but there are actually places in America where that happens.
Quote:

He is in line with other fundamentalist ideologues. Do as I say, not what I do.

The blogger in the OP is so entrenched telling women what to be, she refuses to look at the men she desperately wants them to pair with.

What none of them realize is, not all women want to work at Wally World the rest of their lives making minimum wage.
You continue to demonstrate a hatred for men. You even go so far as to say working at Walmart is not a good thing. And that if a woman works there it's because men held them down. Believe it or not, some women CHOOSE not to go get a degree, and some women CHOOSE to work at Wally World.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Some people have jobs where their employers allow them to use the internet. Honestly.

I'm salaried. I get paid to do a job. As long as I get the job done, my employer doesn't care what I do when I'm not doing it. Even if I'm sitting at work. I know it's crazy, but there are actually places in America where that happens.

You continue to demonstrate a hatred for men. You even go so far as to say working at Walmart is not a good thing. And that if a woman works there it's because men held them down. Believe it or not, some women CHOOSE not to go get a degree, and some women CHOOSE to work at Wally World.

Again, you are making excuses for stealing time. Apparently you cannot read either.

If working at Wally World making minimum wage is a lifetime goal for a woman? Mazel

If working at Wally World because it is what's available and she needs work, good for her.

If she has to work at Wally World because her mate is threatened by her intellect and abilities, you will not convince me she is happy at Wally World making minimum wage.

What if she has to work at Wally World because her husband has made poverty wages and she needed to put food on the table when they moved to another State? That woman has a pile of resentment.

Imagine what that women would be feeling if she found out she was on her feet working a minimum wage retail job while her mate frittered his time on the internet all day. Now that woman has a bigger pile of resentment.

It all depends on the woman. You telling me about women and what they choose is your narrative, not theirs.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:18 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:

It all depends on the woman. You telling me about women and what they choose is your narrative, not theirs.
Actually, we're in agreement here. I've never said women are not free to choose to do what they want. The fact that you seem hell-bent on telling the world that I believe otherwise because I'm a man is the issue I have and is the reason I believe you hate men for some reason.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:37 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Rest assured, you are stealing. You work for someone, and you are using the time they pay you to post here. If you were honest, you would be posting after your work day is over. .
This is pretty much true, unless the employer has told the worker "hey, use the internet any time for personal use whenever you want." Which I doubt is the case. I've never had an employer tell me this. (I work from home, using my own computer, and I'm not paid hourly).

Old 07-26-2018, 12:39 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
You even go so far as to say working at Walmart is not a good thing. And that if a woman works there it's because men held them down. Believe it or not, some women CHOOSE not to go get a degree, and some women CHOOSE to work at Wally World.
Working at Wal Mart is a choice, but it's a default choice.

Nobody says "when I grow up, I want to be a Wal Mart cashier". Most WM workers don't get benefits. It's not a great job. Sorry.

Old 07-26-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Actually, we're in agreement here. I've never said women are not free to choose to do what they want. The fact that you seem hell-bent on telling the world that I believe otherwise because I'm a man is the issue I have and is the reason I believe you hate men for some reason.

After all, it is all about you. hahahahahahaha. Typical of a fundamentalist ideology. You make it about you.

When I responded to Phil and addressed his references to feminism you decided to speak.

You decry that I hate men and then get all a flutter making it about you.

You again state I hate men, however you cannot define what you believe I hate.

Your I'm a man so you hate me, me, me... is all about you.

We were talking about women, and their choices and lack of choices in a blog, and you made it all about you.

In your ideology you need to be hated, and have enemies. You create a world were your very existence is hated, and despised because God wants it that way. Somehow this is suppose to make you closer to God, and feel good about your life.

When it is all about you, there is no room for God.

Old 07-26-2018, 02:12 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I came across this article yesterday, and the anti-woman brainwashing is horrifying. I think it hits me extra hard for a couple reasons. I came out of a cult-like church that teaches similar things, and I now live in Utah where the majority of the people are of a very conservative, patriarchal religion, which makes me feel a bit "PTSD-ish."

[URL]https://thetransformedwife.com/men-prefer-debt-free-virgins-without-tattoos/[/URL]

Here are some reasons women should not go to college:

"Men don’t want to marry a women with debt. Most of this debt comes from college. They would also prefer a woman who still lives at her parent’s house that has not had other relationships. Do those two things and you will be highly sought after.”

"The husband will need to take years teaching his wife the correct way to act, think, and live since college taught them every possible way that is wrong.” (Sadly, most young Christian women wouldn’t listen to their husbands since they’ve not been taught to live in submission to their husbands.)"

"“They lost a handful of years of experience learning to cook large meals and learning how to work in the garden. College kids don’t cook. If they do, it’s typically for themselves.” (Young women learn nothing about biblical womanhood or what it takes to run a home when they go to college. They don’t learn to serve others either. They learn the ways of the world instead.)"

I am torn between feeling heartbroken for women who get sucked into this mindset, and fury towards the men leading the churches who teach this garbage. What is the point of living, if the best thing a woman can do is create more people, and those females should do nothing more productive or fulfilling than create more people, and on and on? *IF* a woman decides, completely on her own, that her personal goal in life is to simply raise children, fine. But how dare anyone teach women that is is somehow more "pleasing to god" to squelch her intelligence, her potential, any other aspirations she may have, in exchange for having lots of babies. Sickens me to the core.
Yet... she has a college degree, and I'm almost positive both of her daughters do, as well.

I've been hate-reading her blog for my own personal amusement for years. Lori is the epitome of "Do as I say, not as I do." College and family planning are unbiblical... except for when she utilized them. She preaches against public school... yet, her children attended it for most of their schooling. She decries using childcare... and yet she employed nannies. She actively encourages women to live in abject poverty and rely on the church for support, if that is what it takes to be a "keeper of the home"... and yet she lives is a million-dollar home in SoCal. She lectures on frugality and budgeting... while humble-bragging about the imperativeness of consuming all organic, grass-fed, etc.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:14 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
Yet... she has a college degree, and I'm almost positive both of her daughters do, as well.

I've been hate-reading her blog for my own personal amusement for years. Lori is the epitome of "Do as I say, not as I do." College and family planning are unbiblical... except for when she utilized them. She preaches against public school... yet, her children attended it for most of their schooling. She decries using childcare... and yet she employed nannies. She actively encourages women to live in abject poverty and rely on the church for support, if that is what it takes to be a "keeper of the home"... and yet she lives is a million-dollar home in SoCal. She lectures on frugality and budgeting... while humble-bragging about the imperativeness of consuming all organic, grass-fed, etc.

In other words, a hypocrite, like most Christian fundies.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:18 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,486,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post

She sounds a lot like Dr. Laura, who never tired of sanctimoniously lecturing women to do all sorts of things that Dr. Laura didn't do because that would crimp her style (like being a stay-at-home mother), and not to do all sorts of things that Dr. Laura did (such as pre-marital cohabitation).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality