Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 01:09 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Even if there was a shred of truth to that idiotic statement, what does that have to do with the point of this thread?
I think it has to do with attempting to rile up both "sides".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 01:12 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
"There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone."

Old 08-04-2018, 01:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
The OP is firing in all directions, hoping to get banned. But all he shoots are blanks. Just another impotent fundie.

Old 08-04-2018, 01:23 PM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The OP is firing in all directions, hoping to get banned. But all he shoots are blanks. Just another impotent fundie.
No. It's more than that. Have you looked on his website???

Old 08-04-2018, 01:34 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Even if there was a shred of truth to that idiotic statement, what does that have to do with the point of this thread?

Self aggrandizement is my thought.

Old 08-04-2018, 01:50 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No. It's more than that. Have you looked on his website???

Nope. Do I hafta?

Old 08-04-2018, 01:53 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Interesting. OP, you're assuming that atheists and "evolutionists" come from religious families. A few atheists do, but many don't. Your entire thesis is based on a collection of very odd and erroneous assumptions. Including the assumption that all atheists "join" anything. Most just live their lives, keeping their atheism to themselves. They have no need to join anything. They tend to be pretty independent people, unlike all those church-goers, who seem to require participation in institutional religion for support. Go figure.

Old 08-04-2018, 02:43 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
Most stats are very inaccurate when it comes to people honestly answering questions, especially about their sex lives and repressions and true inner most thoughts.

I demonstrated this, easy manipulation of statistical figures in a second level math and statistics class, and the prof went through the roof. What I said did prove I knew the material and graphs and mathematics, but his religion was that statistics however screwed or schewered were true and the law. T the say the least, he was not amused as the first poster HERE, but extremely angry.

I am an atheist and I have always believed in evolution; even in my younger days when I was a Christian. My belief's in god changed; but not so much my belief's in evolution.

So what is this thing that you want to claim that our belief's are some kind of sexual repression? Do you want to insult us because you feel that, since we do not think like you, there is some reason that we are different? Perhaps you feel there is no way we can be sane and not believe in your god? I think many of us will disagree. Me and my wife have been married for two months short of 50 years. By the way; she is not an atheist and I do not try to change her belief's and she does not try to change mine - but it has worked.

You have been on this forum just about a month. You also do not like atheist or evolutionist. Both groups have their right to be heard without being insulted. That is especially true without any evidence to back up your claims.

Old 08-04-2018, 03:24 PM

230 posts, read 92,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Not according to Paul's letters, where he was actually quiet progressive for the time.
Harry I didnt know you were a Christian, good on you for having so much knowledge and discernment. For Yes, some thought Paul was progreesive to excuse his anti-women doctrine, which they say wasn;t that bad. The problem comes when it has become a law by the Protestants rather than just a temporal progressive advancement. The Protestants have made it an ETERNAL LAW that women are inferior to men, and that it is undenial unchangeable and the very WORD of GOD, even though Paul himself said it was his commandment rather than the Lords commandment

Old 08-04-2018, 03:34 PM

230 posts, read 92,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am an atheist and I have always believed in evolution; even in my younger days when I was a Christian. My belief's in god changed; but not so much my belief's in evolution.

So what is this thing that you want to claim that our belief's are some kind of sexual repression? Do you want to insult us because you feel that, since we do not think like you, there is some reason that we are different? Perhaps you feel there is no way we can be sane and not believe in your god? I think many of us will disagree. Me and my wife have been married for two months short of 50 years. By the way; she is not an atheist and I do not try to change her belief's and she does not try to change mine - but it has worked.

You have been on this forum just about a month. You also do not like atheist or evolutionist. Both groups have their right to be heard without being insulted. That is especially true without any evidence to back up your claims.

Moderator cut: Discussing forum rules.

So Bro, many not all but the majority of church people are obedient to the anti-sex laws of Paul, and his telling his church people to be enuchs and repressed even if they aren;t castrated physically or mentally.

Paul was anti-sex even though the Lord created sex, and the early Christians practised the Lords love Feast

See and study Love Feasts... maybe not see as that isnt allowed.... so then just study it in the EARLY CHURCH that wasnt aligned to Paulian philosphy.

Moderator cut: Discussing moderation

And two faiths living together or faith and no faith living together I have heard of it happening before. 50 years Yes, me and my wife have been together only 40 some, but then again we were missionaries and are missionaries and its been probably easier because we have the same FAITH.

Biblically she is sometimes referred as the WIFE of MY YOUTH....figure that one out as men were allowed a year off their labours or military duties if they married a new wife, so they could mate and produce offspring

Do the research as the 1st commandment was not a hard thing although it needed a hard thing to get results, but biologically that hard thing from a soft thing in and of itself is rather miraculous.

Do the scientific research on the hard thing getting hard.. Hallelujah.. in the Halls

But thanks for your input, I quess youve heard that a lot from your wife of your YOUTH.

IHS

David

Last edited by mensaguy; 08-04-2018 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Two edits. Follow the rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality