Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 08:59 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Why in the world would anyone credit NDE's? The body is still functioning even if the support system has failed, it's the only reason that getting the support system going again works.
Well, you can see how it works.

The occurrence is real. Not much doubt about that.

The experience is interpreted to be real just as the brain shows it.

It is taken as an experience that is as it appears to be. Unreliable human experiences are forgotten and mental experiences of the divine are taken as reliable while any counter -explanations are dismissed on the grounds of skeptic bias.

Suggestions that we wait and see are also brushed aside and it is insisted that it be taken as life - changing hard evidence for a heavenly afterlife, Right Now. If there are any similar experiences that have Chinese ancestors or elephant -headed gods, you won't hear much about those except perhaps as delusions and mockeries of the real thing by Satan.

That, old mate, is how it works. Frame it and hang it on your wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 10:19 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
"Top 3 occult texts"? Why? What for? Are you suggesting there are none? Are you asking because you dont think I know, but you do?

So tell us more.
Let's try this again.

You made this statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
There are many occult texts which describe the conditions where the physical spirit goes after life.
I would like to know the names of the top 3 occult text. Why not just answer what I asked vs. not answering and then proceeding to ascribe things to me that I did not state or imply?

Old 09-11-2018, 10:41 AM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I said to a friend "I wonder what it's like after you die?" He said "What was it like before you were born?"
Very well said by your friend because Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life - Gen. 3:19
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before, so Adam returned to where he started the dust of the ground.

Jesus did Not have to wonder what it's like after death because Jesus taught ' sleep ' in death at John 11:11-14.
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach ' sleep ' in death as per Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4.
Also, King Solomon, known for having wisdom, wrote the dead know nothing at Ecclesiastes 9:5.
And, just as there was No post-mortem penalty for Adam there is No post-mortem penalty for anyone else.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
IMO, Nobody actually “knows” the answer because nobody (whether believer, Atheist or agnostic) has died and came back to tell us what it’s like.............
So who knows if he also existed in some form and somewhere BEFORE he was born,......
I find Jesus was a spirit creation in Heaven before his God sent the pre-human Jesus to be born on Earth.
On the other hand, Adam ( man ) was formed from the dust of the ground and returned to it - Gen.3:19.
Since Jesus was in Heaven before coming to Earth then Jesus knew what it is like to be dead.
Jesus taught us what is like to be dead at John 11:11-14 that the dead are in a sleep-like state.
That agrees with the Psalms 6:6; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4 that the dead are sleeping.
Even the word cemetery means: sleeping place and Not torture place.
King Solomon wrote at Ecclesiastes 9:5 that the dead know nothing.
So, the dead know nothing, nothing but sleep.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:07 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
One thing I think we can all agree on, in the afterlife, there will be NO time...I think this is very significant too. Whenever people talk about death, heaven or hell, they use the word 'eternity' and equate that with being a REALLY LONG time, like a trillion years or more, example, those who go to hell will be there for eternity...

...but if there is NO time in the afterlife, 'eternity' would not feel like a trillion years and it wouldnt feel like 2 seconds...it would be something totally different, the more I think about it, I doubt anyone that is alive can comprehend an existence where there is literally no time.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:32 AM

18,495 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
One thing I think we can all agree on, in the afterlife, there will be NO time...I think this is very significant too. Whenever people talk about death, heaven or hell, they use the word 'eternity' and equate that with being a REALLY LONG time, like a trillion years or more, example, those who go to hell will be there for eternity...

...but if there is NO time in the afterlife, 'eternity' would not feel like a trillion years and it wouldnt feel like 2 seconds...it would be something totally different, the more I think about it, I doubt anyone that is alive can comprehend an existence where there is literally no time.
No time, eh? Will we all just be frozen in place? How am I supposed to strum a harp when I’m frozen in place?

Old 09-11-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
No time, eh? Will we all just be frozen in place? How am I supposed to strum a harp when I’m frozen in place?
As far as time we can count time both forwards and backwards forever or everlastingly.
No harp strumming job for those called to heaven as per Revelation 5:9-10.
They have two (2) jobs to do. They serve as both kings and priests.
As kings they will take care of governmental responsibilities toward people living on Earth.
As priests they will take care of spiritual duties towards people living on Earth.
Those people are the humble meek people who inherit the Earth as Jesus promised - Matt. 5:5; Psalm 37:9-11.

Old 09-11-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I find the word ' afterlife ' indicates that a person is more alive after death then before death.
Whereas the instead of afterlife what the Bible really teaches is a future resurrection.
That is why the future tense is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection....

False religion teaches hell for eternity but biblically speaking hell is mankind's temporary grave.
Even righteous Jesus on the day he died went to biblical hell as per Acts 2:27.
If biblical hell was eternal then Jesus would still be in hell.
Rather, the Bible's hell ( temporary grave ) comes to a final end according to Revelation 20:13-14.
After everyone in hell is ' delivered up' ( meaning resurrected out of hell ) then, emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell. Then ' enemy death ' will be No more as per 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

Old 09-11-2018, 12:13 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I said to a friend "I wonder what it's like after you die?" He said "What was it like before you were born?"
Before you were conceived, you did not exist. After you die you will no longer exist. Do you see any correlation here?

Old 09-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Before you were conceived, you did not exist. After you die you will no longer exist. Do you see any correlation here?
The correlation I see is that Adam did Not exist before God breathed the ' breath of life ' into life-less Adam - Gen. 2:7.
Once Adam died Adam ' returned ' back to the dust of the ground - Gen. 3:19.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before so Adam returned back to non-life, non-existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality