Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 11:54 AM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
As a youngster I was raised to be a Christian, and I was taught that I was born into a sinful world. As a result I was coated in the sin of being born. But once I realize how silly the Christian claims I was being taught are, I was washed clean of the sin of being born, and was free of all self loathing. Now I was free to create my OWN sins. I never did though, really. I have managed to make it through life without any heavy weight of guilt or remorse hanging about my neck. Christians like to say that they are not perfect, just forgiven. Christians are apparently inherently wicked, and prone to do sinful things that they will eventually need to be forgiven for. As an atheist with no avenue to being forgiven promised to me, I simply avoided doing anything that might cause me to feel guilty.
Maybe you have a high threshold for guilt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 12:00 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Maybe yours is too low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Havent' spent much time around toddlers? I believe it was Paul Washer that said a toddler would gladly rip your arm off to get to your shiny watch if only he/she could when they were in the midst of one of their temper tantrums. Yes, babies are cute and cuddly...but anyone who has ever seen a child melt down on the floor of a grocery store because they didn't get the right juice box realizes total depravity is a reality.

Hold it BF. You can attack the Church, you can attack Jesus, but you can't diss babies.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:02 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Newborn babies have no power, they are completely helpless. They have no survival skills. Anyone who is completely powerless and unable to survive on their own will seem perfectly innocent. They could not hurt anyone even if they wanted to.

And every powerful person, no matter how good their intentions, will cause harm to someone.

No, we are not born perfectly innocent, we are born helpless. No, we don't learn to be wicked. If a child stayed perfectly innocent and loving he would not survive.

Even Jesus felt hatred and anger.
I once had a conversation with a Christian woman who considered her baby daughter sinful because she cried. Only Jesus was born without sin, and never cried, she told me. How did she know Jesus never cried? Because it says so in the song "Away in a Manger."

"The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes,
But little Lord Jesus no crying he makes."

My reply was that, anyone who has a baby that never cries should be deeply concerned.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:14 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,698,337 times
I have a wicked heart....................... and I just re upped as an organ donor.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:22 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Maybe you have a high threshold for guilt.
I never felt any guilt for being alive and a healthy human being.

Many Christians feel guilty about their sexual urges. As a result they spend their lives attempting to repress their sexual sexual urges. I never felt any guilt about my sexual urges. But I did manage to keep them to myself. For the most part.

I always liked girls. I discovered that, to my amazement, many girls also liked boys. I didn't understand why, but I was more than willing to go with it. I never considered it to be unhealthy.

I have been married to the same woman for 47 years now. Maybe I should feel guilty about all that I missed out on. But I don't really think about it.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Havent' spent much time around toddlers? I believe it was Paul Washer that said a toddler would gladly rip your arm off to get to your shiny watch if only he/she could when they were in the midst of one of their temper tantrums. Yes, babies are cute and cuddly...but anyone who has ever seen a child melt down on the floor of a grocery store because they didn't get the right juice box realizes total depravity is a reality.

The late, not-great, pseudo-pastor Vizio came up with the same analogy once. It stunk then. It stinks now.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:31 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Could wicked mean carnal...I dunno all the Greek translations...ya know how sin really means missing the mark?
nope,
Hardness of the heart is the measure of sin.

Remember what the law is written on, flesh.

Old 10-16-2018, 12:47 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Based on my opinions (about marriage especially), LOTS of people on CD have told me my heart is wicked. LOL I don't believe them, however.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:04 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,326,711 times
Quote:
This sounds annoying wicked or depraved Not. Perhaps it's wicked to expect a toddler to display the maturity of any adult not being appointed t9 the Supreme Court.

Guess puppies and kittens are also wicked, no wonder your God had no qualms in drowning them.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:23 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
It wasn't until you got blocked that I realised what a brilliant post that was. Bill Burr would have been proud to write that. Maybe the problem is Me, but 8 times out of 10, kids act like you want to be somewhere else short of the Antarctic, and you'd settle for that if you could grab an overcoat. The other two are times are wonderful company but leave you far too exhausted to think about clearing up the devastation they left behind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality