Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 08:12 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
IF Jesus or any disciple or Paul EVER spoke against Judaism, they deserved death..
The lawless are deserving of Death, plain and simple, if even one disrespects the laws in any way derogatory against Judaism, they deserve death if they were running around as followers of Jesus in the first century, death by law.
No question.
Why would your God require us to kill anyone for any reason, let alone not obeying arbitrary, capricious, and barbaric laws????? How could you ever love or respect a God who would????

Old 11-04-2018, 08:21 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
The entire NT was written in Greek. The idea that god fathered a son is straight out of Greek mythology.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:26 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,687,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why would your God require us to kill anyone for any reason, let alone not obeying arbitrary, capricious, and barbaric laws????? How could you ever love or respect a God who would????
You are not supposed to. According to Yahweh and his holy books, you are lower than dung, and little more than an animal deserving of death. Jesus referred to gentiles as dogs.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:27 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
But expulsions of Jews happened earlier and even before Christianity had really got started

"References to an expulsion of Jews from Rome by the Roman Emperor Claudius, who was in office AD 41-54, appear in the Acts of the Apostles (18:2), and in the writings of Roman historians Suetonius (c. AD 69 – c. AD 122), Cassius Dio (c. AD 150 – c. 235) and fifth-century Christian author Paulus Orosius. Scholars generally agree that these references refer to the same incident.[1][2]

The exact date is uncertain. The maximal time window for the expulsion of Jews from Rome is from January AD 41 until January AD 53. More detailed estimates such as those based on the AD 49 date by Orosius or the reduction of the AD 53 upper limit due to Proconsul Gallio's health are possible but controversial.

There were at least two expulsions of Jews from Rome before this event. In 139 BC the Jews were expelled after being accused of Judaizing among the local Gentiles. Then in AD 19 Tiberius once again expelled Jews from the city for similar reasons
." (Wiki)

This would seem to be at the time that Paul was starting his mission and it wasn't until 45 AD (during the famine) that he saw the opportunity to collect for the 'Saints' in Jerusalem to buy some approval for his mission with Jesus' followers. It seems that the trouble from Jews and expulsions really were Jews and not Christians. If we can believe the account of Nero accusing the Christians, we have to suppose that they were making a bad reputation for themselves by the 50's AD, but doubtfully in the time of Claudius, let alone Tiberius.
People should really study the first 300 years, especially the first 100 years, and the whole of Christianity denies what happened the first 100 years. You look at Hadrian and his hate for the Jews and against anyone keeping Jewish Holy days wher he made a deal to turn Christians back to their former pagan ways and it worked.

Here was Judaism going against everything Rome believed, Judaism believed in only one God, and although the Romans were cool with most religions, that worship of one God destroyed Rome and they knew it was a problem.

Rome becoming Christian?

One after the other begin to make pilgramges to Jerusalem to keep the holy days of the one true God?

Jerusalem was set to become the capitol and holy city of the world and those in charge knew it was a problem and they sought a way to separate the Gentile converts from the Jews and their Holy days if Rome was to survive.

Rome converted Christianity back to their former pagan ways, and Christianity took over in establishing the Roman Babylonian Pagan ways to be their sole worship system.

Christianity had not conquered Rome, Rome divided the Gentile from the Jew effectively conquering Christianity and it's very purpose for being.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I was sitting with my brothers at the campfire speaking of the great spirit and the buffaloe and how our people loved our traditions. We are connected with the wolf and with the bear, and the eagle lights our way, we are not a savage people and we pray for the animals we kill.

One night one of our brothers came into our campfire speaking of the white man and how we should stop dressing as we do, and he told stories of Gods and monsters that the white man had shown him. Then amongst our fires, he tried to entice our young people never to come to our fires anymore, and they should even guve up believing in the great spirit.

As he stood there speaking against our people and our heritage trying to ruin the youths of our tribe, I stood up and took my spear in my right hand and ran him through for the harm he was trying to commit against my people, trying to tell us not to worship the great spirit any longer, HHHHHHEEEEEYAAAa, Oya ha, ma caw, caw, HY yay ho, hy yah caw. Hey yaw, hey yaw, hey, hey, yah, hy ya cay.....

You wouldn't understand tribal people.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:43 PM

Antiochus Epiphanies built a nude gymnasium trying to entice the children of Israel against their laws, he is Daniel's Anti Christ.

Anti Christ comes to turn the children of Israel away from the customs of Moses to change the sacrifice and the appointed visitation days that the children of Israel no longer know their God or their visitation days........

Should this Anti Christ have been killed by, ' I don't know, any Jew with a spear?

Had I been a Jew in that day, I would have been proud to put him down.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:06 PM

241 posts, read 95,150 times
it wouldnt make a difference if the NT was written by a greek, jew, samaritan or roman.

paul, an ancient jew whose burial remains are supposedly somewhere in the vicinity of rome, was attributed to writing these epistles: galations, ephesians, phillipians, romans and the corinthians.

the other paulines are attributed to another author because the writing characteristics differ from the writing style of galations, ephesian, romans, corinthians and the phillipians

the epistle of james is often touted as the most jewish book of the NT canon because it shares similarities with the style of the old testament.

i wouldnt doubt that most of the NT was of jewish authorship, except for thesalonians, titus, timothy and collosians.

these could have been written by a greek, jew or roman

the epistle of james is also a historical document that gives a glimpse of 45-65 jerusalem, a time of persecution and political upheaval.

one may infer that the persecution during 45-65 A.D jerusalem lead people to hide early documents to preserve them from being destroyed

i had better legitimate sources about the epistle of james .
i cannot find the original article sources or books.

this article below offers some legitimate facts about the epistle of james dating and the social glimpse of 45-65 a.d. jerusalem.

it is not the best source but it does offer pertinant details that could be proven accurate by other legitmate sources

here is the link:

http://m.ncregister.com/blog/jimmy-a...y-christianity

Last edited by spiros7; 11-04-2018 at 09:52 PM..

Old 11-04-2018, 09:07 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The entire NT was written in Greek. The idea that god fathered a son is straight out of Greek mythology.
That would include Paul who was Jewish and wrote in Greek. Thanks for strengthening my original point.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:33 PM

Nothing stands on the same level of the law and the prophets. God wrote his word and everything else is proven by the law and the prophets. If people do not speak by the law and the prophets, they should not speak, and if they speak from a letter that a Jew wrote to a church, they certainly can't put that letter standing next to the law and the prophets as an authoritive letter, everything is judged by the law and the prophets and no writing can be placed in the same authority.

When God says that it is the end of his sayings, it is the end of his word and no letters that one would write can ever stand next to it.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:48 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
If Paul even insinuated that Jews should not keep the law, there should be no reason for me to explain.

OBVIOUSLY, if Paul even insinuated that a Jew should not keep any law, he should have been killed in the spot.....

Obviously he would be a false prophet, but worse than this, a traitor against his own people, and he should be hated and despised for what he is, a false prophet, a liar, and the worst sort of person there ever was, to betray his own people.

I don't need the words of a two faced lying coward, and if Paul ever taught Jews not to keep the customs of Moses, that is exactly what he would be. Why would I listen to such a low life individual.

You are letting Christians see for you, again, Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism, and you have to know this before you can understand.

You are falling back on what Christianity wants to believe and how they want to erase history of what was in the beginning.

IF Jesus or any disciple or Paul EVER spoke against keeping the customs of Moses they deserved death..

The lawless are deserving of Death, plain and simple, if even one disrespects the laws in any way derogatory against the customs of Moses, they deserve death, if they were running around as followers of Jesus in the first century teaching Jews not to follow Moses, they deserved death by law.

No question.
In Romans he makes it clear that Jews (being circumcised) have to keep the Law and they can only be Righteous if they keep the whole law, honestly. Gentiles are free of it and can be righteous through instinctive Law. That is why it is essential that they don't circumcise. If they do , they become subject to Jewish Law (so he believes).

It becomes clear later on that he behaves as a jew when it suits him and a gentile when it suits him. Thus I suspect that he is not a very observant Jew, and this bothered him.

Galatians, not Ephesians, is what I have in mind. Galatians 3.25.

Ga. 3.23 Now before faith came, we were held captive under the law, imprisoned until the coming faith would be revealed. 24 So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian, 26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

Paul is saying that 'we' were under the Law (since this did not apply to non Jews, he must mean Jews) but now "Faith has come, we are no longer under a custodian".

This looks as though Faith has freed Jews from the Law - in his view. It looks to me as though he has got what he wanted; Jesusfaith has freed Jews from any need to observe the law, and that means himself.

I don't doubt that this was not the view of the disciples of Jesus, and this split between Paul and those 'super -apostles' who taught a gospel other than Paul's reflects this. So the disciples are free from your Fatwah.

Quote:
People should really study the first 300 years, especially the first 100 years, and the whole of Christianity denies what happened the first 100 years. You look at Hadrian and his hate for the Jews and against anyone keeping Jewish Holy days wher he made a deal to turn Christians back to their former pagan ways and it worked.

Here was Judaism going against everything Rome believed, Judaism believed in only one God, and although the Romans were cool with most religions, that worship of one God destroyed Rome and they knew it was a problem.

Rome becoming Christian?

One after the other begin to make pilgramges to Jerusalem to keep the holy days of the one true God?

Jerusalem was set to become the capitol and holy city of the world and those in charge knew it was a problem and they sought a way to separate the Gentile converts from the Jews and their Holy days if Rome was to survive.

Rome converted Christianity back to their former pagan ways, and Christianity took over in establishing the Roman Babylonian Pagan ways to be their sole worship system.

Christianity had not conquered Rome, Rome divided the Gentile from the Jew effectively conquering Christianity and it's very purpose for being.
I agree. Constantine made a Christianity the state religion, but it was a Christianity that the Greeks had already built on Paul's rejection of Jewish mosaic law as needful for becoming one of God's people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
That's what I think. Important bods were regularly given some divine parentage. It was probably inevitable that Jesus, filled with the messianic spirit as Paul saw it (and no doubt the disciples claimed that) should become a son of God in the Greco -Roman sense, not just the Jewish sense.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 11-05-2018 at 02:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality