Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 12:37 AM

50,823 posts, read 24,335,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Don't miss a chance do you?
Frankly...that was his intent for the thread to begin with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 04:41 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Frankly...that was his intent for the thread to begin with.
That's really twisted if you believe that. I find her an inspiring person and she's done something that few people would have done.

You just don't like the truth. The truth is that most people like this are religious by ten to one. That's their personal choice in a free society. I think extreme atheists have a problem with anyone who is religious. I am so freaking glad that extreme atheists don't have more power.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:48 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I am so freaking glad that extreme atheists don't have more power.
Yes. Like Jeff, you would like us to sit down, shut up and speak when we are spoken too. Well It's not going to happen so you'd better get used to us having more power...because that is what is going to happen.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:02 AM

16,675 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
That's really twisted if you believe that. I find her an inspiring person and she's done something that few people would have done.

You just don't like the truth. The truth is that most people like this are religious by ten to one. That's their personal choice in a free society. I think extreme atheists have a problem with anyone who is religious. I am so freaking glad that extreme atheists don't have more power.
There you go again, Ozzy. What are these "extreme atheists" you speak of? How are they different from "non-extreme atheists?"

Old 01-07-2019, 08:36 AM

11,104 posts, read 7,164,275 times
I don't get the "extreme atheists" label either. If one doesn't believe in God, gods, spirituality, etc. there's no going beyond that. If you don't believe in UFOs, for example, there's no "extreme" disbelief in them. Come on.

People, regardless of belief, need to pay attention to what they're saying; not repeat others' words ventriloquist-style, or repeat statements they've never actually thought about.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:03 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
I don't get the "extreme atheists" label either. If one doesn't believe in God, gods, spirituality, etc. there's no going beyond that. If you don't believe in UFOs, for example, there's no "extreme" disbelief in them. Come on.

People, regardless of belief, need to pay attention to what they're saying; not repeat others' words ventriloquist-style, or repeat statements they've never actually thought about.
By 'extreme atheists' he means those of us who are no longer prepared to sit down and be quiet; he means those of us who are no longer prepared to give (only his) religion undeserved 'respect'.

Old 01-07-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
By 'extreme atheists' he means those of us who are no longer prepared to sit down and be quiet; he means those of us who are no longer prepared to give (only his) religion undeserved 'respect'.
Why get emotional about it? There's a primitiveness and regressiveness there that brings out the worst in humanity, no matter the beliefs behind it. When people are that far out on the spectrum, in any form, they're falling into unhealthy and detrimental imbalance, to themselves and the world at large. Look at 9/11 for instance. You just might be drinking from that same tainted well. This isn't about beliefs per se, but one's response and behavior.

Symbolically, if a problem fire erupted, you wouldn't get mad and hastily throw gasoline at it to "fix it". Many people are intrinsically part of the very problems they complain about. And yet, all they see is what everyone else is doing that's "wrong". Nice

Last edited by Thoreau424; 01-07-2019 at 09:55 AM..

Old 01-07-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Ah, we're all "extreme atheists" are we?

No, I have no problem at all with christians. Most of my friends are christians. What I have a problem with is the constant pushing of christianity.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post

He is using exactly the same technique that someone who is often in the news these days uses. Put a negative label on something, and the keep using that label over and over again until more and more people start accepting it. I guess that's what extreme christians do.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
He is using exactly the same technique that someone who is often in the news these days uses. Put a negative label on something, and the keep using that label over and over again until more and more people start accepting it. I guess that's what extreme christians do.
You're right about that person - and that is his tactic - but he's no Christian. Nothing he says or does bears any resemblance to Jesus and his life. He's 180 degrees opposite. I love an image I saw from Mexico, a painting on the outside of a restaurant. It had his image and the caption "El Diablo" (the devil). That sums up it up perfectly, and shows who he really resembles. I lovingly keep that assigned as the background and on screensavers of my computers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality