Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2019, 12:52 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,398,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
That is your answer? Not taking one of those 'science' papers to the science section to see if there is a problem with it? Not using Google to see if (and how) someone has refuted any of them.
LMAO is all you will get from me because as I see it that's all the reply your post deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 12:52 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,771,723 times
Quote:
That is your answer? Not taking one of those 'science' papers to the science section to see if there is a problem with it? Not using Google to see if (and how) someone has refuted any of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
LMAO is all you will get from me because as I see it that's all the reply your post deserve.
We are approaching Stage 3 -cheeky chatback and a search for an escape without admitting defeat. LMAO can be translated as "Lost My Argument, Obviously".

Old 03-23-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You can look up project Steve and the 'study' it responded to, yourself. If I can't find a handy vid...nope. some Lego-based TV series and an aurora named 'Steve'. However loads of easy -read explanatory sites. It's infuriating to look up "The sea Peoples" and find only a lot of sites about a pop group.

And I'm so glad to hear that you are not trying to make a case for ID, because it won't kep you awake at night doing so badly at it.

And I can tell you that I have been nervously anticipating Mensa's vermillion fingers gripping my collar.

"Listen you! how many times...?"
yup a parody, so what. No one said evolutionist do not have a sense of humor.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
We are approaching Stage 3 -cheeky chatback and a search for an escape without admitting defeat. LMAO can be translated as "Lost My Argument, Obviously".
Lol pretty good one trans.

HD like your other lap dog (that I put on ignore) just tries to pick fights so I decided not to respond to him.

You and I have been for the most part able to get along even in our disagreement so for the most part I enjoy our discussions.

After all it is the fighting I believe that the mods are tired of and not so much the other stuff.

I'm human and if someone come at me in a snide manner I respond in kind so it is better for me not to speak to them at all.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
yup a parody, so what. No one said evolutionist do not have a sense of humor.
Project steve is a bit of a send -up. Just as the human cultivation of the banana to make it what it is Sends Up Ray's 'atheist nitemare'. But it's still a serious rebuttal - and so is project Steve.

It is never Personal. I remember very well the Gospels discussions - it was especially valuable in clarifying those murky years of Archaelaus as King of Judea, the revolts and High priests and filling up the missing governorship with Varus evidently filling in. And the whole frankly keeping Matthew's nativity and Luke's separated by the reign of Archaelaus, however one fiddled the dates.

The later Abiogenesis debate (some time ago) did no better than this one, and really Evolution vs, Creationism is not your Game, old mate. You have to do it from Creationist apologetics sites, and you can rely on them to misinform you, every time.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:27 PM

16,809 posts, read 5,009,453 times
Quote:
Because verifying the science will prove your life is a lie. That is not my problem.

Old 03-23-2019, 01:31 PM

16,809 posts, read 5,009,453 times
Quote:
HD like your other lap dog (that I put on ignore) just tries to pick fights so I decided not to respond to him.
Translation, Harry points to uncomfortable truths, and Pneuma does not like that.

Quote:
After all it is the fighting I believe that the mods are tired of and not so much the other stuff.
No, they get tired of the BS.

Quote:
I'm human and if someone come at me in a snide manner I respond in kind so it is better for me not to speak to them at all.
There is a passage about casting the first stone. Is it my fault you chose to ignore your own Bible?

Old 03-23-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Translation, Harry points to uncomfortable truths, and Pneuma does not like that.

No, they get tired of the BS.

There is a passage about casting the first stone. Is it my fault you chose to ignore your own Bible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mx55FP85Uk

"In my opinion, that was just what was needed" (Snoopy)

Old 03-23-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
This is the trick they play.

Some of the journals are not legitimate science journals (but quiet a few are). One example of a journal set up specifically to peer review ID is Editorial Team

Some of the papers are not about creationism. In the download link there is even one paper on internet search engines.

Some of the papers are designed to present limited information that on it's own looks like a problem for evolution, but when other information is taken into account, the 'problem' goes away. I believe the third paper in the list (by Axe) is an example of that.

Some of the papers are pro evolution but are claimed to be against it. But that is normally on religious creationist sites, the ID creationists are not THAT dishonest.

And some 'papers' have no science in them.

The last one on the list is actually a book, and not a peer reviewed paper.
I could't rep you for doing the research here. But you deserve one.

Old 03-23-2019, 05:17 PM

63,898 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Because verifying the science will prove your life is a lie. That is not my problem.
The level of ignorance and arrogance necessary to label another human being's life a lie is beyond even what I felt YOU were capable of! It is no wonder that you do not understand my posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality