Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2020, 07:39 PM

2,962 posts, read 862,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
If by 'non hostile environment' you mean one that never calls you on what you post, you may look a long way and find nothing.
Do you have any recommendations for high-quality websites containing information related to atheism? I'm open to considering both sides. That's how one arrives at truth.

Old 01-22-2020, 07:40 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
If by 'non hostile environment' you mean one that never calls you on what you post, you may look a long way and find nothing.
I agree with you on this, and depending on one's perspective, I have found her (?) posts to often be very hostile. A lot of it is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 01-22-2020, 07:47 PM

Phet, I have you on ignore, so I don't see any of your posts.

Old 01-22-2020, 07:50 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Phet, I have you on ignore, so I don't see any of your posts.
Which, of course, is why you just responded to my post.

But that's all right. If you choose to ignore my posts, that doesn't mean that I have to ignore yours.

Old 01-23-2020, 12:45 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
[Trigger warning: post contains a link to videos]

*Note: This post is not intended for anyone whose mind is unchangeable. My recommendation to those people, please ignore this post. Thank you and a blessed day to everyone!

Here's a YT channel that's a good source of videos aimed at carefully understanding and defending a biblical worldview.
https://www.youtube.com/user/EkimRegniw/featured
The irony is your arguments have been refuted so many times, yet you do not change your mind. The biblical worldview has already been refuted, or more plausible alternatives have been provided. If you make an argument yourself, I can tell you why a particular biblical worldview fails.

Quote:
Fact: R&S is a hostile environment for anyone interested in discussing Religion or Spirituality
Other religious people are treated with respect. It is a hostile environment to dishonest posters, which is where you are probably getting confused.

Quote:
Do you have any recommendations for high-quality websites containing information related to atheism? I'm open to considering both sides. That's how one arrives at truth.
False. You refuse to consider both sides.

Old 01-23-2020, 12:47 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I agree with you on this, and depending on one's perspective, I have found her (?) posts to often be very hostile. A lot of it is in the eye of the beholder.
IWas has been hostile since his or her second post.

Old 01-23-2020, 04:05 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
Quote:
Not a cop out. Did you miss the part where I offered to discuss it via private message?

I only suggested that it wouldn't be appropriate to discuss such a sensitive matter on a combative, public forum such as this. FYI, I have come to expect anti-theists to find reasons to be critical of anything I say. Your comment is an example of that. You would prefer I wasn't considerate of the sensitivities of someone who lost their son? You are cold.
Guess I have to repeat...what gave you the idea he has any interest in "discussing" his son with you?
You asked for something that would cause him to become a believer...he gave you an answer.
How about addressing the issue of why this kind of proof is never forthcoming?

Old 01-23-2020, 10:19 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
An EXCELLENT call-in show that deals with religion and atheism:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAtheistExperience

Very entertaining, really makes you think.

Old 01-23-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
An EXCELLENT call-in show that deals with religion and atheism:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAtheistExperience

Very entertaining, really makes you think.
Thanks for the recommendation, Marc. I have watched that AE show several times. It’s a pretty one-sides perspective, though. I find it more intellectually gratifying to watch Dillahunty debating a knowledgeable theist.

Old 01-23-2020, 10:50 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
https://www.skeptic.com/

His Science Salons are very nice interviews and of course there are plenty of articles to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality