Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 08:25 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,692 times

Advertisements

They say that there is no existence past Death. So, when they carry on the tradition of those who have gone before them, they can only carry on a tradition of non-existence.

I have to ask, why do you try to keep the memory of those you say do not exist alive?

It all looks like a dead end and non-existent road to me. Just a brief illusion of non-existent living.

I'm sure many of you have children, so you have experienced the gift of sharing life. Is your family tree a non-existent illusion.

I know you like to proclaim evolution, as if you are greater than every generation before you, but when do you ever reach the fulness of being a human being. Because you can't be a human evolving and a human being at the same time. One is and the other is forever grasping, with no rest, never complete.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:32 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Wrong.

But do keep trying!

Old 10-01-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Wrong.

But do keep trying!
I am not the one denying your existence. You are.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:03 AM

217 posts, read 146,575 times
in before the lock.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Certainly in before the thread is wrapped up. We are products of our environment. Little people trying to be a bit bigger, but not pretending that we are Know -it -alls through faith; Finite people but not lying to ourselves that we are limitless; products of our environments (Theism) but happy to cease existing when theism ceases to exist.

You may now see the thread rolled and wrapped up.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Certainly in before the thread is wrapped up. We are products of our environment. Little people trying to be a bit bigger, but not pretending that we are Know -it -alls through faith; Finite people but not lying to ourselves that we are limitless; products of our environments (Theism) but happy to cease existing when theism ceases to exist.

You may now see the thread rolled and wrapped up.
Actually it is the evolutionist's that proclaim themselves limitless products of their environment.

And why do you hint that this thread should be locked. I was hoping some questions would be answered, from another direction.

And why do you claim to be the final word, as if you are a know-it-all.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:37 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Actually it is the evolutionist's that proclaim themselves limitless products of their environment.

And why do you hint that this thread should be locked. I was hoping some questions would be answered, from another direction.

Atheists tend (by default) to be evolutionists too. But not even evolutionists claim that humanily is without limit. Someday it all has to end. Please, God, before the Religious Right campaign achieves all its' objectives.

Oh, I don't claim to be the Final Word, and the thread may not be locked. One or two went on far longer than i expected. But since i have had my two pence - worth, they can now do what they like with it as i doubt I'll be looking in again, because I have said all I think needs to be said on the subject.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:38 AM

50,839 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:

Because evolution in this sub-forum is a no no.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:51 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
They say that there is no existence past Death. So, when they carry on the tradition of those who have gone before them, they can only carry on a tradition of non-existence.

I have to ask, why do you try to keep the memory of those you say do not exist alive?

It all looks like a dead end and non-existent road to me. Just a brief illusion of non-existent living.

I'm sure many of you have children, so you have experienced the gift of sharing life. Is your family tree a non-existent illusion.

I know you like to proclaim evolution, as if you are greater than every generation before you, but when do you ever reach the fulness of being a human being. Because you can't be a human evolving and a human being at the same time. One is and the other is forever grasping, with no rest, never complete.
In what sense is a rabbit "greater" than a dinosaur? Evolution does not involve becoming "greater." Evolution involves being best suited for survival according to existing conditions.

Why do I carry a memory of my third grade elementary school teacher with me? She was in her 60's then, and that was 65 years ago. But I remember her because 65 years ago she was part of my living experience, and I am still alive. Soon enough all memory of both of us will be erased by time.

I know the name of my grandfather's father. But I have no memory of him, because he died before I was born. My family tree mostly consists of a line of individuals whom I have no memory of. They once had a life, just as I now do. And now they are gone. Just as I will be soon enough.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:52 AM

11,102 posts, read 7,168,155 times
Welcome chief scum. With that name, I get the impression of a crazy and fun old Indian arriving on the scene, and can only smile. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality