Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 04:18 PM

130 posts, read 185,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
the aunt and uncle are taking care of the child and yes the process is in place where the aunt and uncle are going to keep the child legally.
Wonderful I'm glad to hear it. Pedophiles are my only hatred and I tend to get a lil passionate when children are involved. Hence my name
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 04:19 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Quote:
the aunt and uncle are taking care of the child and yes the process is in place where the aunt and uncle are going to keep the child legally.
Brother Goodpasture, this is indeed good news and I am sure that the child will be well taken care of.osay

Old 07-24-2012, 04:33 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
The aunt is keetoowah and is becoming more traditional as she grows. She is about 25 now. the boys mother is late teens. But the aunt is doing a great job with the kids. And Annemieke can't walk through a store without picking up something and saying "wouldn't they look cute in this" like she is a blood grandmother........she is abuela personified...........except she is Dutch, so I guess more an Oma than Abuela.......

Old 07-24-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
The aunt is keetoowah and is becoming more traditional as she grows. She is about 25 now. the boys mother is late teens. But the aunt is doing a great job with the kids. And Annemieke can't walk through a store without picking up something and saying "wouldn't they look cute in this" like she is a blood grandmother........she is abuela personified...........except she is Dutch, so I guess more an Oma than Abuela.......

Then you better prepare yourself, you're going to be the major male role model when the time comes....

Old 07-24-2012, 07:07 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
If you believe in karma.........I just have to share this..................

The oldest victim of the Aurora shootings was Gordon Cowden. He was a Certified General Appraiser. As many of you know, I also appraise although I never crossed paths with Gordon. A friend and fellow appraiser in the Denver area posted on Facebook today:

Quote:
am so so so sad. Just got a call wondering if I could take two orders and wondering how fast I could get them done. They had already been appraised but the reports were not completed. The appraiser was Gordon Cowden who was murdered in the Aurora shootings. Turns out he was his company's "go to" appraiser. I took the orders and am going to take the money and give it to his family.

Don't ever tell me there aren't really good people out there............

Old 07-24-2012, 07:13 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
There are many many wonderful and good people everywhere GP. They just aren't as loud as the few bad ones...

Old 07-25-2012, 02:39 AM

519 posts, read 78,471 times
Often, when we hear news about the less fortunate being the victims of fraud, we are quick to judge the perpetrators as being unfeeling, greedy, and only interested in their own worldly gains. Now, this situation involving children (or any matter where children are the pawns), is the most important topic one could discuss. The children ARE the future. They will carry on long after their birth parents are gone.. Therefore, our interaction with the children should always be one of a NON-judgmental, compassionate, caring, and nurturing nature. The Creator gives us all a gift, to be in a child's life, to help instruct that young life with honest values, and caring, so that upon maturity, the child knows HIS obligation to help others who are less fortunate. He/she will find core values to be pleasing to the Creator, and further, the Creator blesses those who would protect children and the less fortunate among us. There can be no greater insult to the Creator than to abuse and neglect the future...the children.

Let us consider something very important, but too often overlooked. Regardless of one's own personal beliefs about the Creator, we all have a moral obligation to lead a life which would be a role model for the youth. Being human, and naturally flawed, we will make mistakes, but most importantly, we strive to be the best example for future generations to follow. We LEARN from our mistakes...the first step of wisdom. This poor child whose birth parents have lost their way, their paths are clouded with drugs...these two parents should also be nurtured, rather than condemned for they have lost sight of honesty and integrity. They are also children of the Creator, and as such, deserve our caring so that with a collective intervention, they, too, have the opportunity to know their place in the timeline of history. They were the ones to bring this precious gift to the world. Since they are blinded to their obligations, it is OUR responsibility to help raise any child in similar circumstances. In days long past, both the children and the elderly were revered for their own place in our lives. Rather than simply discarding "problem"children or adults, the approach is the same: non-judgmental nurturing.

We would not feel the need to help raise children were it not for the fact that our own life energy comes from the Creator. The Creator, the Father of all that is or will be. The Father of the children of the universe. And we, as adults, are His children. He is nurturing, long-suffering, and capable of forgiving. I do not advocate forgiving the parents of this child...but I do not advocate simply locking them up and throwing away the key. They need our compassion and understanding as much as their child needs it. To help the child, we must also help his parents. It is part of our moral obligation to glorify the Creator.

As we go about our lives, day to day, we are ALL teachers. Others will observe what we are doing, or saying, and from that brief glimpse of our life, others will learn their lesson. Most of the people who will learn from you are people whom you have never met, and likely will never meet. But based on how you conduct your life, others will draw various conclusions. Therefore, is it not prudent, even wise, to lead a life which is a blessing to the Creator? For we will be a lesson to all we interact with: sometimes, it's a good lesson, a good example. Other times, with stress weighing heavily, we may "lose it" and act quite immature...but this also is being observed and is a negative lesson.

Stating a problem is easy...the solution can be extremely difficult, but if we rely on the Creator and our collective friends for inputs, and if we approach the problem with a good heart, the proper solution will rise to the surface. Without the Creator, all decisions will end poorly. Keep a good heart, pure intentions, just causes. Peace go with you my brothers and sisters.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:42 PM

I went to the first annual Pow Wow in this area and it was quite interesting, took some pictures of some of the dancers, thought I would share them with you. These are mostly Choctaw with a few Cherokee and Lakota..
Attached Thumbnails
Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pow-wow-004.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pow-wow-014.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pow-wow-016.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pow-wow-017.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pow-wow-028.jpg  

Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pow-wow-029.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pow-wow-034.jpg   Who will sit with me within the sacred circle-pow-wow-039.jpg  

Old 07-30-2012, 04:55 AM

519 posts, read 78,471 times
May the Great Spirit guide your path always. I offer prayers and blessings to you in gratitude of your sharing images of this first Pow Wow in your area. I have attended 3 Pow Wow's in my area, and will be back again this fall. It may be of interest to you, my brother, that at the last Pow Wow, attended by Cherokee, Choctaw, Oglala Sioux, and Acoma Pueblo tribes, one of the Cherokee there stopped me and greeted me as his lost brother from about 100 years ago. I recognized him as my brother from that time and as we sat in his tepee, we "remembered" the old times. We remembered the times of family, and of the hunt, and of protecting our families. For me, it was a very moving experience, and although my skin is now white, at a time in the past it was of a different color. This is something I "know" is right; it is a feeling of being connected not only to the land (soil), but also a feeling of being connected fully with past generations.
Those who have lived and died before our time were all given the spark of life by the Creator. When their bodies were no longer of use, their souls left the carcass and were instantly rejoined with the Creator. Their spirit lives on as the Creator lives. The Creator is eternal, as his love for us is eternal, whether we occupy bodies or are still in spirit form. It is my belief that the Creator gives us a choice upon leaving our corporeal bodies. A choice to be rejoined with Him, or a choice to better perfect our souls, our spirits, to be additional blessings to the Creator. In that quest of perfection, we may pass through many generations, in a variety of ethnicities, as we strive to learn. Life is very consuming, and can cloud our sight, it can make us veer off our correct path. I pray each day that The Creator will allow me the wisdom to learn. Having had past lives in the pursuit of perfecting the spirit to be pleasing to The Creator, is but one small step. It is the application of that wisdom that begins true learning. Our Creator is a very wise and caring Great Spirit. He gives each man or woman only ONE lesson to learn in his/her lifetime. Perhaps humility is the lesson. Perhaps it is one of forgiving. One lesson seems too small on the surface, but as you well know, Ptsum, sometimes the simplest things are the most complex... I have learned many lessons, but I am still a child in this generation. While I do retain some memories of the ancient ways, there are gaps in my understanding. Our Creator has put me in touch with you for His purpose, and all glory that may be given to me rightfully belongs to Him.I have prayed and sought His guidance in all matters and in this one lies the greatest need. I feel that we may be able to help each other learn, as our Father would have us do.
As I observed the dancers and the dance they were doing, I was filled with a sense of longing...the magnitude of feeling connected was nearly overpowering. Then the drum circles began, and again I felt moved by the rhythmic beat of the drum, the heartbeat of the spirit. I feel a need to participate, but at the same time, having tremendous respect for the native community, I do not wish to appear to be "pushing" my way into their circles. If invited, I will enter, with respect and admiration, with a good heart, an honest spirit.
You quoted Sitting Bull in another post. Several years ago, I has occasion to draw a portrait of Sitting Bull, and at that time, I knew very little about a large era of US history. But in order to adequately portray a man, I must know something about him, for that character will be in the painting. My heart cries over the mistreatment of such a noble, gentle spirit. And so it was so many times, over and over...mistreatment of our pure native brothers, who only wanted a better life for their children. It is a known fact (at least among some) that of all the treaties made between Native American tribes and any portion of the government...ALL treaties were broken. NONE were broken by the Native Americans. The Creator has given me sight to see the truth. It is exceedingly sad for me to know Sitting Bull was treated so unfairly...his silence before speaking, his gathering of his thoughts, was seen as him being uneducated. The arrogance of the white population at that time is unforgivable. Even in the face of death at Pine Ridge, Sitting Bull kept his spiritual character intact.
I am truly humbled by your friendship and caring. If the Creator moves you to speak with me, I am receptive to learning more of that which has been lost. I will not take without giving back. I offer blessings to you, your family, and those countless brave souls of your ancestors. May the love and grace of The Great Spirit always be a light in your heart.
May we one day sit together in the drum circle. I must be taught the songs.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 PM

I recently came across what quite possibly could be the last words that Crazy Horse may have spoken with Sitting Bull as he set smoking the Sacred Pipe for the last time. Four days later he was assassinated.

"Upon suffering beyond suffering; the red nation shall rise again and it shall be a blessing for a sick world. A world filled with broken promises, selfishness, and separations. A world longing for light again. I see a time of Seven Generations when all the colors of mankind will gather under the Sacred Tree of Life and the whole Earth will become one circle again. In that day, there will be those among the native people who will carry knowledge and understanding of unity among all living things and the young ones will come to those of my people and ask for this wisdom. I salute the light within your eyes where the whole Universe dwells. For when you are at that center within you and I am that place within me, we shall be one."

Arrival Native American Singing - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality