Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 08:38 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
If I may, I would like to just sit quietly inside the sacred circle and enjoy listening to others...

Ptsum, I have always enjoyed your wisdom and gentle spirit.

<>< weather...
weather, you are always welcome to sit with us, you honor us with your presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 09:25 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
It is interesting how the belief in Wiccan is somewhat similar to my Native American belief, I do have a question? When did the Wiccan belief start and from what other beliefs does it draw from? Perhaps you can enlighten us.
Wicca itself is no more than fifty years old; it was created (some sources say 'rediscovered') by a man named Gerald Gardner in the late 50s, after England's anti-witchcraft laws were repealed.

Gardner has written that he joined an existing coven in 1939, and later incorporated aspects of ceremonial magic, Freemasonry and other systems to 'flesh out' modern Wiccan practice, most of which had apparently been forgotten.

Wiccan belief is a modern reconstruction of ancient, pre-Christian belief systems -- since stories and legends were largely passed on orally, it's difficult-nigh-impossible to accurately reconstruct the entire spectrum of belief from those times, so Wicca is really 'Here's what we know' mixed with 'here's what works'.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:17 AM

252 posts, read 390,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Who will sit with me in the sacred circle of peace, harmony and understanding.
Among my culture we have a tradition that has existed for centuries.

Whenever we come together to discuss things of great importance it is always done within the sacred circle. Anyone is welcome to come and sit within the sacred circle and participate in the discussions, however all animosity, hatred and prejudice are left outside of the sacred circle, these things are not allowed within its confines and each individual who steps within the sacred circle is expected to help govern it and be responsible to see to it that peace, harmony, and understanding prevail within the sacred circle.

So now my brothers and sisters, I invite you to step within the sacred circle and tell us about your beliefs or non-beliefs without criticism or animosity to one another.

Remember, all are welcomed here who come with a good heart.
And I sit in the Sacred Circle with you all...

Old 04-29-2008, 02:29 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,270,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTbound View Post
Oh ILNC, good to see you again too!!! I was hoping to see you pop up in this thread.
For the record, Blue, June, and ILNC have all been a part of my journey as women of power (the good inward kind) - different belief systems, but all with gentle spirits and love.
You go girl!!

Save me a seat next to you in the circle~!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlfamily View Post
And I sit in the Sacred Circle with you all...
htmlfamily, it is good to have you, enlighten us of your beliefs, so that we all may learn something..

Old 04-29-2008, 08:36 AM

[quote=FredNotBob;3606210]Wicca itself is no more than fifty years old; it was created (some sources say 'rediscovered') by a man named Gerald Gardner in the late 50s, after England's anti-witchcraft laws were repealed.

Gardner has written that he joined an existing coven in 1939, and later incorporated aspects of ceremonial magic, Freemasonry and other systems to 'flesh out' modern Wiccan practice, most of which had apparently been forgotten.

Wiccan belief is a modern reconstruction of ancient, pre-Christian belief systems -- since stories and legends were largely passed on orally, it's difficult-nigh-impossible to accurately reconstruct the entire spectrum of belief from those times, so Wicca is really ['Here's what we know' mixed with 'here's what works'].[/quote]

I find these words interesting, for within the context of these few words, I find that most beliefs are like this.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,783,765 times
Hello All,

May I request prayers and positive vibes sent to my children and myself? I would lovingly appreciate them.

In peace and humility, Moon

Old 04-29-2008, 12:37 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,773 times
I'm not usually one for joining, but I would honored to be a part of this circle. I was raised in the Christian tradition, but the older I grow, and the more I continue to try to learn about other people's beliefs, the more convinced I am that our Creator did not intend for people to relate to him in any particular prescribed manner, belief, or tradition, that we are all important to him, no matter where we are in our journey through life.

I believe that we all have wisdom to share, and that we also need to be willing to learn, no matter how old we are. I believe we need to be aware of own worth, that our Creator saw fit to place us here, and yet we need to walk humbly, which we can only do if we do not walk with our heads held so high, that we are unable to see the path in front of us.

I also believe we have some pretty cool people in this circle!

Old 04-29-2008, 12:38 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Moon, at this moment I am sending prayers to God and am thinking of you and your children..I pray that you and they will feel and accept His warm comforting light surrounding you...

Old 04-29-2008, 01:12 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsavvy View Post
Hello All,

May I request prayers and positive vibes sent to my children and myself? I would lovingly appreciate them.

In peace and humility, Moon
For sure, you and your children will be in my heart and prayers dear friend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality