Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2008, 08:55 AM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
for one day, we shall become the ancestors.
wink! some of us sooner than others!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 08:59 AM

22,149 posts, read 19,203,648 times
i am currently studying and learning one of the ancient sacred alphabets, and what i love about the teaching is that the letters are not just letters to make into words, but are the language of creation. Literally the language that creation was brought forth into being.

It reminds me that words do have power, the power to create (or destroy) in life and in our lives. When we speak something, we bring it into form into creation. What I speak, I create. (As parents we know this with our children, which is why we seek always to encourage, praise, support, and uplift, rather than criticize and tear them down. Our children then grow into our highest vision for them.) So too ourselves, and how we speak to each other and treat each other.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:06 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
It reminds me that words do have power, the power to create (or destroy) in life and in our lives.
If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Yes, words are very powerful!

May we all be blessed by the Great Creator of all things...

<>< weather...

Old 04-30-2008, 09:13 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
this is beautiful!
we come and sit in this circle, but this circle is like a cone. the widest part is all of us, and as we sit and learn together, we will join and be closer and closer, all pointing toward one goal together. that goal is understanding and peace.
findinghope, your words are good and very wise, welcome to the sacred circle.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:38 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,487,108 times
thank you

Old 04-30-2008, 11:45 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
i am currently studying and learning one of the ancient sacred alphabets, and what i love about the teaching is that the letters are not just letters to make into words, but are the language of creation. Literally the language that creation was brought forth into being.
Maybe this will interest you my friend

if you feel like doing so, check this place

Relationship between Sanskrit alphabet and the levels of Creation

Old 04-30-2008, 03:10 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,827,150 times
The Native People said, "Sell it to the movies, Walking Eagle. We need Dow Jones, not Cow Bones". And the White People yelled, "Jackpot!" as they poured money into colorful machines with blinking lights made by the Yellow People, and The Black People said, "Gimmie a dollar."

And the Earth cried, and her tears sold for $4.50 a gallon. While the great Chiefs from the Secret Circle of the corporate boardroom smiled, rubbed their hands together and said "It Is Good".

The Eagle turned to the West, blinked and walked toward the setting sun, and the white People yelled "Jackpot!", and the Black People said "Gimmie a dollar".

Old 04-30-2008, 03:24 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
The Native People said, "Sell it to the movies, Walking Eagle. We need Dow Jones, not Cow Bones". And the White People yelled, "Jackpot!" as they poured money into colorful machines with blinking lights made by the Yellow People, and The Black People said, "Gimmie a dollar."

And the Earth cried, and her tears sold for $4.50 a gallon. While the great Chiefs from the Secret Circle of the corporate boardroom smiled, rubbed their hands together and said "It Is Good".

The Eagle turned to the West, blinked and walked toward the setting sun, and the white People yelled "Jackpot!", and the Black People said "Gimmie a dollar".
Freddy, your words are cynical, but true, unfortunately, the worship of the almighty dollar and the rape of Mother Earth continues.
It is up to us to teach the next generation to respect Mother Earth and all she stands for, it does not matter the color of your skin or what your belief is, we are all the same and there is only one Mother Earth, for without her we could not exist.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:27 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Blue honors the wisdom and patience of ptsum..

Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,372,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Blue honors the wisdom and patience of ptsum..
Yes, so does ILNC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality