Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 09:44 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

I just came in from walking the dog around the neighborhood.....still some snow on the ground but it is receeding....robins and doves are back and the male goldfinches are starting to get their yellow plumage back....robins are working the lawns and sunny bankings. Yesterday a pair of pileated wood peckers were courting in the oak tree out in back of the house. I have noticed some spring bulbs pushing through and the day lily shoots are starting to show and when I pulled away the winter dried thatch from the chive.....it is that brilliant spring green at the crown of the plant....lilac bush buds are swelling....and the sound of running water comes up from the brook....Indeed indeed....Life can be very good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Isn't it wonderful to be able to savor life? Wasn't it in Ulysses that the poet said "I shall live life to the lees"?

Edited to add: "I cannot rest from travel: I will drink Life to the lees: all times I have enjoy'd Greatly, have suffer'd greatly, both with those That loved me, and alone; on shore, and when Thro' scudding drifts the rainy Hyades"--Tennyson

Life is so magnificent, I cannot understand those who don't embrace it, immerse themselves in it, wallow in it..........instead so many find the minutiae that is wrong and dwell on it.

I recall hunting and frequently not taking a good shot simply because to take the shot would make the hunt end. And the joy of being in the woods and fields was so great I wanted it to go on forever.

Last edited by Goodpasture; 03-31-2009 at 10:04 AM..

Old 03-31-2009, 09:56 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,117,244 times
I went for a walk this morning. The sun was shining, there was a cool breeze blowing, the dafodils were blooming, the trees are starting to leave out, the birds were singing. It is the renewal time. A time of new beginnings. I send thanks for this, and thoughts of peace and love to the universe. May they touch each of you here.
Celticlady, May you have a great trip. Perhaps your husband will be with you in spirit.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:02 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I took a ride yesterday on a windy road to the top of our world here in Pike county where there is a small airport..The wild dogwood, and rebud are beginning their annual covering of the scars on the mountainsides..The sky above me opened as I came to the very top of the ridge, and the beauty and the immensity of it always amazes me as it is something not seen in the valleys below..And in those precious moments I was one with the creator..

Old 03-31-2009, 12:17 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Sometimes I feel so much love that it overflows inside of me, today is one of those days. Thanks for the beautiful stories

I still and take it all in.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:05 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times

YouTube - FLOYD WESTERMAN-CHANTE WASTE WI

Old 03-31-2009, 06:11 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,659,782 times
Great Spirit of our Ancestors, I raise my pipe to you. To your messengers the four winds, and to Mother Earth who provides for your children. Give to us the wisdom to teach our children to love, to respect, and to be kind to each other so that we may grow with peace of mind. Let us learn to share all things that you provide for us on this Earth. osay

Old 03-31-2009, 08:38 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Wow! Reading the experiences with creation in this thread is inspiring!

Nature threw me a curve ball this morning. A warm day and peaceful night - worked all night (studio musician) and going into my country rock cottage just before sunrise I saw a flash of light and heard thunder. I jumped online and saw the forecast "Sunny and mild" (!) I went back outside and the wind was racing down the hill and more lightening and thunder so I covered everything up, rolled up the car windows ect. and got back online to see the weather radar and sure enough - a small but INTENSE storm headed straight for me. Then the hailstorm erupted.

My new tin roof took a pounding! I woke up at 3 PM to a warm sunny day - with little craters visible in the sandpile.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:11 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
I missed one and I have to get it philosophically. It's not unbelievable that I'd be a horribly intolerant person without it. But then no comments to make. My body is free; to but see in the O.T. Feeling free was against the freedom of conscience to be recognized by. Being free knew but draastic self-deception. This is important to me.

Better no to be free? Ah, shat. The O.P. knew their stuff.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:56 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
- worked all night (studio musician) and going into my country rock cottage
LOL - I just caught this. The 'country rock' comment was not referring to my music or studio work - it refers to the construction material used to build my little house which is located out in 'the sticks'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality