Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2021, 11:19 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,328,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I was referring to your oft-cited work simulating neural networks. But what is this obsession you have with accusing me of pretending to know what I have clearly demonstrated knowing numerous times during my 48000+ posts? It is not as if you have demonstrated any great knowledge here.
I could have sworn I saw a monkey.

edit: thanks for posting that link, Harry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2021, 11:33 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
I was referring to your oft-cited work simulating neural networks.
Using actual neural networks, I am not simulating them. But I do not mention them that often, only when they are relevant to the discussion.

It is not as if I make every post about a small but well paid part of my work.

Quote:
But what is this obsession you have with accusing me of pretending to know what I have clearly demonstrated knowing numerous times during my 48000+ posts?
All we have heard from you is jargon; or when you talk about science, you get it wrong.

Quote:
It is not as if you have demonstrated any great knowledge here.
I did, but it was stopped because this is not the science section. OK, there was one post I made after not sleeping for 2 nights, but I am getting too old for such things.

Old 03-05-2021, 12:50 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Using actual neural networks, I am not simulating them. But I do not mention them that often, only when they are relevant to the discussion.
It is not as if I make every post about a small but well paid part of my work.
All we have heard from you is jargon; or when you talk about science, you get it wrong.
Aside from your arrogant opinion, who is declaring my science wrong with ANY authority whatsoever???? Your lack of understanding it from your narrow and limited perspective does not constitute my getting it wrong.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-05-2021 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Removed extra quote tag

Old 03-05-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Aside from your arrogant opinion, who is declaring my science wrong with ANY authority whatsoever???? Your lack of understanding it from your narrow and limited perspective does not constitute my getting it wrong.
I didn't know you were so fond of the stimulation theory to explain Reality.

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-05-2021 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: Removed extra quote tag

Old 03-05-2021, 06:19 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
and lets not forget ...

" ... and I had other posters sending me messages about the dishonest strawmen they create to debate against. After having a number of posters telling me it was being done to them also I realized it was deliberate and not a mistake ..."

when they can;t face it down straight up ... they make up the argument and then say you are wrong.

Old 03-06-2021, 02:55 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
?

Your mixing of science is the problem, you cant twist it one way to mix with another.

Science is simply repeatable results.

Old 03-06-2021, 03:02 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
It would be like somebody saying that had the holy spirit leading them into truth, but those who say such things have no ability to do the things Jesus did, and even greater things than Jesus.

Repeatable results.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:29 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
and lets not forget ...

" ... and I had other posters sending me messages about the dishonest strawmen they create to debate against. After having a number of posters telling me it was being done to them also I realized it was deliberate and not a mistake ..."

when they can;t face it down straight up ... they make up the argument and then say you are wrong.
If someone is creating extra accounts, you should forward those messages to a moderator so it can be dealt with.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:38 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I thought the gold standard for science was that its could be used to predict outcomes. What things might you be able to predict with Everything is God?
yes, repeatable results. I go back to too type of god. What are the traits of the god a person is defining. For pantheism, I just them saying a living system. I use a few pieces of logic that show the claim is consistent with observation, has a mechanism, and is repeatable. And of course makes predictions.

One thing It predicts is homeostasis. Particularly in life, the ability to adjust its internal workings to try and move the equilibrium point back to its functioning range. Or new processes arise that adjust to the new range if/when one presents itself. Example CO2 concentrations. As they increase the system will adjust to maintain the concentration within a range. Or "limiting factors" help maintain a homeostasis within a given system.

Of course, I cannot go into more detail. Me going into more detail means I will start to make sense and the statements become far more reliable. And that is not wanted here.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yes, repeatable results. I go back to too type of god. What are the traits of the god a person is defining. For pantheism, I just them saying a living system. I use a few pieces of logic that show the claim is consistent with observation, has a mechanism, and is repeatable. And of course makes predictions.

One thing It predicts is homeostasis. Particularly in life, the ability to adjust its internal workings to try and move the equilibrium point back to its functioning range. Or new processes arise that adjust to the new range if/when one presents itself. Example CO2 concentrations. As they increase the system will adjust to maintain the concentration within a range. Or "limiting factors" help maintain a homeostasis within a given system.

Of course, I cannot go into more detail. Me going into more detail means I will start to make sense and the statements become far more reliable. And that is not wanted here.
I'm still unclear as to some of the details of Pantheism but from my understanding, they believe all of that has some type of agency behind it. Are you saying the universe has spawned awareness or that the universe is aware? Do you think awareness is a necessary part of the universe?

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 03-06-2021 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: I know you're not a pantheist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality