Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 08:16 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,254,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
They're not being paid.
They're not being paid!?

That's like spending your weekends at Bellevue for the love of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2021, 09:08 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Thanks mods for a job well done.

Old 01-11-2021, 04:34 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
With all going on in the news lately... I mean let's not talk about that specifically since we don't want to get this thread shut down, but can we just take a minute to thank our moderators for what they do here?

We may not agree with all their decisions.
But they have a thousand different points of view to deal with.
One persons annoyance is another person's delight.
They keep this forum running for us everyday and they keep us all in check.
It's a thankless job for them, and they're doing it for free. It's a job I wouldn't want.
Thanks mods!
Yes, I agree! In my short stay here I have found the Mods may sternly disagree, but they allow freedom of speech from everyone.

There is much praise that should be given for that attribute.

I can assure you this is not the policy of all Christian forums.

So yes, thank you Mods for being fair!

Old 01-14-2021, 12:39 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Yes. I should have thanked the mods for their efforts and stopping the boards getting too unruly while allowing a great deal of latitude. Many thanks, Moderators.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:19 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
I would like to thank ALL the mods for doing what they do that promotes the sort of latitude that makes this forum enjoyable. Especially the ones who are known to be good at this. Open, objectively fair, reasonable and without allowing their personal bias to get in the way of good, balanced judgement.

While I appreciate they are all volunteers as well, I have to believe they want to be moderators. Enjoy being moderators, or why be a moderator? Perhaps one or two might like to comment about their reasons...

Old 01-15-2021, 12:45 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Yes, special ' thanks and appreciation ' for honoring in the way you allow freedom of speech to express beliefs on this comprehensive site.

Old 01-15-2021, 12:57 PM

521 posts, read 163,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Yes. I should have thanked the mods for their efforts and stopping the boards getting too unruly while allowing a great deal of latitude. Many thanks, Moderators.

Frankly, I don't think they had been tested. We are a very tame lot here. If no personal attacks are allowed, then there is more room for debate at Sunday School conducted by Father Matthew.

Old 01-15-2021, 03:07 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
It gets pretty 'personal' at times. But it tends to get stopped when it threatens to just turn into a flame war which would negate all discussion. That would simply defeat the object of the forum.

Old 01-15-2021, 03:24 PM

15,968 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
While I appreciate they are all volunteers as well, I have to believe they want to be moderators. Enjoy being moderators, or why be a moderator? Perhaps one or two might like to comment about their reasons...

Yes indeed. Especially if it is considered a thankless job. Also how much of one's time is devoted to moderation?

Old 01-15-2021, 03:36 PM

521 posts, read 163,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It gets pretty 'personal' at times. But it tends to get stopped when it threatens to just turn into a flame war which would negate all discussion. That would simply defeat the object of the forum.

Threatens? What can happen here that constitutes a clear and present danger? I guess I must be the only one here who has ridden a bull in a rodeo and kicked by a horse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality