Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 07:05 AM

330 posts, read 267,713 times

Advertisements

I've always thought this since I was a kid and it's always made sense to me.

After life there is death. There is no arguing that.

But what about death after life?

It's simple. After death is life. There cannot be life without death and vice versa.

You are supposed to die in order to live again, because over time the body deteriorates.

The reason I say that is because we live in a universe that is revolving. The sun rises and then the sun sets and then it rises again.

The Earth orbits the Sun over and over. Everything is revolving.

Plants die in the winter and re-grow in the spring.

When you stop and think of how the universe is revolving, it becomes much easier to understand that life and death is also revolving. Everything in the universe is one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2021, 08:03 AM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
You just quoted from OSHO discourses.

Old 02-06-2021, 09:23 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
I wonder why it even matters. Is it only because we have an instinctive terror of dying? I know that for some it's a terror of hellthreat. But if I be;leive anything it is that Hell is just a human kneejerk threat to anyone who disagrees with them. Of they can't use their big brother or dad, or the Boss or the military to kick the ass of someone who opposes or humiliates them, trot out an avenging god. Trouble is, if you pick the wrong one, the Other one will burn you.

No, it makes no sense to have a afterlife punishment. Continuation after death, rebirth or oblivion, what is there to fret about, really?

Old 02-06-2021, 11:29 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post

It's simple. After death is life. There cannot be life without death and vice versa.

You are supposed to die in order to live again, because over time the body deteriorates.

The reason I say that is because we live in a universe that is revolving. The sun rises and then the sun sets and then it rises again.

When you stop and think of how the universe is revolving, it becomes much easier to understand that life and death is also revolving. Everything in the universe is one.
Just to be clear...

Not sure the universe is "revolving" or that all stars rise and fall around a planet like the sun rises and sets around ours. More over, the Earth won't revolve around the Sun forever. The Sun won't last forever, nor will the Earth. Plants may die in the winter and they may or may not re-grow in the spring. Some of this is due to roots that last from winter to spring and/or new seedlings that allow the species of plants to continue, or not. New sprouts are not necessarily the rebirth of old plants in any case. Most species of living things that began on Earth are no longer with us.

Just saying.

Weeds do seem to have a way of always coming back however. I'll give you that...

Old 02-06-2021, 12:41 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,709,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue777 View Post

It does not follow that, because the Earth spins on its axis and thereby creating the illusion of the sun rising and setting, that a human (or bird or clam or tree or fungus or bacterium or whatever) that dies will somehow live again.

Old 02-06-2021, 03:16 PM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I wonder why it even matters. Is it only because we have an instinctive terror of dying? I know that for some it's a terror of hellthreat. But if I be;leive anything it is that Hell is just a human kneejerk threat to anyone who disagrees with them. Of they can't use their big brother or dad, or the Boss or the military to kick the ass of someone who opposes or humiliates them, trot out an avenging god. Trouble is, if you pick the wrong one, the Other one will burn you.

No, it makes no sense to have a afterlife punishment. Continuation after death, rebirth or oblivion, what is there to fret about, really?

OP didn't say a word about hell threat.

Old 02-07-2021, 03:26 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
People and animal are born into the earth with a spirit which follows them all their days in the earth, when they die God will collect the spirit of who is His, and these ones will come back as little children in bliss into heaven , and their bodies will parish on the earth ........ Not exactly but like a caterpillar and the butterfly

Old 02-08-2021, 06:52 PM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
It does not follow that, because the Earth spins on its axis and thereby creating the illusion of the sun rising and setting, that a human (or bird or clam or tree or fungus or bacterium or whatever) that dies will somehow live again.
Yes, the OP is nonsensical.

Old 02-09-2021, 12:36 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
You think that's air your breathing?

Hmph.

Old 02-09-2021, 10:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post

Well,Imo, 'judgement' after ones death does seem logical and appropriate...and if you happened to be a person that took pleasure in harming others, some type of punishment would also seem appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality