Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2021, 08:17 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,665,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
There's that massive blind spot again! Skip, jump and bump along as you do...

I'm perfectly accepting of the way of the world, and I have no illusions about it changing much in my lifetime. I'm not self-deluded (again with the thick rhetoric). I just recognize what I call the "slow maturing of man" when it comes to more and more people not affiliating with religion among the more educated. That's all...

Again who doesn't know this?

Christianity: 2.382 billion people. Muslims: 1.907 billion people. Non-religious: 1.193 billion. Hindu: 1.161 billion.

Yes again and again, most people on the planet are religious! Also "getting more so" in some places, but not everywhere. More importantly, where and why? Not sure where the comprehension issue is here, but why do I keep getting fed information we all know? Might have something to do with what's there in that big blind spot...

"According to a 2015 global survey by Gallup International, the most religious had lower levels of education, however, religious people in general were a majority in all educational levels.

An EU survey finds a positive correlation between leaving school early and believing in a God."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religi...20in%20a%20God.

Always the demographics say the same thing. Nothing to pretend about here!

What percent of the world is above-average educated? Has a college degree? Do you know? What is the correlation? Do you know? Bother to know? Doesn't matter...? Of course it doesn't if there is no interest in the WHY the world is the way it is today, but no one can "pretend" this education/religion correlation doesn't exist...

"Looking at the U.S. public as a whole, however, the answer to the question of whether more education is correlated with less religion appears to be yes. Among all U.S. adults, college graduates are considerably less likely than those who have less education to say religion is “very important” in their lives: Fewer than half of college graduates (46%) say this, compared with nearly six-in-ten of those with no more than a high school education (58%)."

https://www.pewforum.org/2017/04/26/...less-religion/

And among the more educated. This trend continues, though again yes of course with the growth of populations all over the world where education is nothing to take for granted, religions do well.
Bothers ya baaaaaaad, huh?
As far as education and knowledge being an antidote and inoculant to God Belief and Religion...The Way of The World has long shown that to be untrue.
Throughout history...the greatest minds were Theist.
I have noted before---Belief is the "litmus-test" for the "best of the best" scientists. The VERY top echelon are/were Theist (with some exceptions, of course): Copernicus, Kepler, Newton, Bacon, Galileo, Descartes, Boyle, Faraday, Mendel, Kelvin, Planck, Brahe, Gilbert, Pasteur, Einstein, Lamatrie, etc, etc
And, lately...the areas of the world with the very best education, like Hong Kong, is where Religion was growing the fastest (when left alone by the Government)...which flies in the face of the rude and insulting implication that people believe in God and/or are Religious because of ignorance.

Old 05-12-2021, 08:27 PM

50,942 posts, read 24,450,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
.And even more of a difference: Those that get on a forum titled for a mutual shared interest or subject, to discuss that...compared to those that go on a forum to criticize, insult, mock, interrogate, and harass those that embrace and identify with the title subject of the forum.
As I have pointed out a number of times, this is not a praise forum. It's a place to discuss pros and cons. If the discussion makes you uncomfortable, as you keep saying, suck it up buttercup.

Old 05-12-2021, 09:30 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,665,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
As I have pointed out a number of times, this is not a praise forum. It's a place to discuss pros and cons. If the discussion makes you uncomfortable, as you keep saying, suck it up buttercup.
And I have noted dozens of times (even directly to you) that it not only doesn't make me uncomfortable, I find it amusing and entertaining.
I just noted how twistedly strange (and very unique) it is for a forum to have so much of the content be contrary to the title subject...and bashing, insulting, and mocking, the subject in general, notable writings about it, notable figures and characters, those who embrace and endorse it, and even cite & cheer any downturn in prevelance or disinterest in the subject. Many of y'all keep it up for 5 to 10 YEARS, and tens of thousands of posts! Wow!
You would be hard-pressed to find another board for any subject that has it like that.
Which is what I find so entertaining about it.

Old 05-12-2021, 10:09 PM

50,942 posts, read 24,450,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
And I have noted dozens of times (even directly to you) that it not only doesn't make me uncomfortable, I find it amusing and entertaining.
I just noted how twistedly strange (and very unique) it is for a forum to have so much of the content be contrary to the title subject...and bashing, insulting, and mocking, the subject in general, notable writings about it, notable figures and characters, those who embrace and endorse it, and even cite & cheer any downturn in prevelance or disinterest in the subject. Many of y'all keep it up for 5 to 10 YEARS, and tens of thousands of posts! Wow!
You would be hard-pressed to find another board for any subject that has it like that.
Which is what I find so entertaining about it.
You're just...special.

Old 05-13-2021, 03:40 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,610,454 times
Quote:
You're just...special.
He has a point. Its amusing when people salivate, growl, and get excited when they heard the word god.

It would be kinda cute if you guys weren't so dangerous. Its like teeth that don't stop growing. When the religious post to grind the teeth is gone you will turn and knawl on our legs if you must.

Hey ... case in point.

Old 05-13-2021, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Thats a bold face lie that this is about pros and cons. But it does fit the MO. This is bout stop religion. Otherwise its simple.

all types o prayers or none. At the very least, not one religion's prayer only.

Old 05-13-2021, 03:47 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,612,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
When have I ever advocated for that? You don't like religion? Ok. Great. Voice your opinion. Tell the world.

Better yet, do it publicly, and not just as an anonymous name hiding on an internet forum. Go out and tell the world. Engage in actual, real conversation.
Look what your gang does to a person doing what you suggest BFun

What’s you opinion on this video BFun?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4h7ekCD6uE4

Old 05-13-2021, 03:52 AM

Your gang aint any better last.

Old 05-13-2021, 03:57 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,612,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Your gang aint any better last.
You forgot your citation.

Please edit and prove your assertion.

Old 05-13-2021, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
You forgot your citation.

Please edit and prove your assertion.
lol ... run last run ...

Remember, believing that we are part of a larger more complex system is just more rational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality