Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2021, 03:33 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,625,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is clear that you could not have pursued a doctorate in any field. Your thinking is too shallow and superficial and your view of established science is too rigid for someone trained to advance the frontiers of knowledge.
Its not even pursuing a decorate mystic. He does not talk like a science and engineering person. He sounds like a philosopher.

He didn't address one once of observation, he only addressed how he felt about it. I mean what science person would ever say "Lets put that on the we are mostly wrong pile." when talking to another science person. Its utterly absurd for a trained person to say that.

Last edited by Arach Angle; 05-13-2021 at 04:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2021, 06:08 AM

884 posts, read 358,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Its not even pursuing a decorate mystic. He does not talk like a science and engineering person. He sounds like a philosopher.

He didn't address one once of observation, he only addressed how he felt about it. I mean what science person would ever say "Lets put that on the we are mostly wrong pile." when talking to another science person. Its utterly absurd for a trained person to say that.
I see you ignored my post where I asked you to present how exactly the theories you name are used in your theory. No surprise there, I doubt you have a full understanding of the theories you name.

You have not provided any evidence for me to refute. If you provided any specific evidence I would be happy to do so. Instead you just write generic rambles. How can I scientifically refute a non scientific ramble?

Examples of what does NOT count as scientific evidence:

-"You and I can go out and look"
-Naming theories but not explaining how exactly they are used in you theory.
-Vague nonsense like "Just based on traits of life in a biology book the system around us matches life more than not life."

Now if there is a specific theory in the biology book that you specifically used in your theory, and you explicitly outline the logic you use, then I could critique it.

A scientist won't say "I looked at the world and I looked at the traits of life in the biology book and they are the same." A scientist would say: "from biology book X I got a list of traits for life. These are A,B,C,D,E, F and G. Now I will show how the whole of Earth meets each of the criteria A to G. Earth meet A because... in detail. Earth meets B because ... in detail, etc. In conclusion, as I have demonstrated Earth as a whole meets every criteria for a living organism, I suggest that Earth as a whole is a living organism."

See the difference between a vague meaningless statement, and a precise scientific discussion?

Last edited by Peter600; 05-13-2021 at 06:27 AM..

Old 05-13-2021, 06:12 AM

884 posts, read 358,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is clear that you could not have pursued a doctorate in any field. Your thinking is too shallow and superficial and your view of established science is too rigid for someone trained to advance the frontiers of knowledge.
I had no interest in doing a PhD, but know many who have done so. I find talking to them and discussing their work fascinating. It is your theory that I find intellectually false.

Old 05-13-2021, 07:01 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Yet you prefer to focus your attention and comment about the likes rather than something else? Like the topic of this thread? Doing so is any more mature? Any less likely to promote more of the same?

Why is this I wonder...
I addressed the thread topic in the 3rd post to the thread.
I am not allowed to elaborate upon the details...but you know what I mean, from my Pantheist perspective.
Noting the arguments (that no Theist raised) that postulated Orbiting monkeys giving the finger & dogs farting causing the wind...was just to highlight the oft used puerile dumbstuff that the Atheists and anti-Religionists typically trot out, and to show how those arguments seem to almost always devolve to childish, ridiculous, and pathetic blowhole spew.
For a long time...I thought they did it exclusively to mock Religion and Theists...until, after a time (and seeing it so consistently) I realized that really is the level & quality of their arguments.
It's one of the main things that make this forum so entertaining to me.

Old 05-13-2021, 07:51 AM

16,822 posts, read 5,027,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I addressed the thread topic in the 3rd post to the thread.
I am not allowed to elaborate upon the details...but you know what I mean, from my Pantheist perspective.
Noting the arguments (that no Theist raised) that postulated Orbiting monkeys giving the finger & dogs farting causing the wind...was just to highlight the oft used puerile dumbstuff that the Atheists and anti-Religionists typically trot out, and to show how those arguments seem to almost always devolve to childish, ridiculous, and pathetic blowhole spew.
You are attacking us for holding a mirror up to arguments for theism?

Quote:
For a long time...I thought they did it exclusively to mock Religion and Theists...until, after a time (and seeing it so consistently) I realized that really is the level & quality of their arguments.
It's one of the main things that make this forum so entertaining to me.
No, we have a lot of different and better arguments. You do not. Suck it up, buttercup.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
You are attacking us for holding a mirror up to arguments for theism?

No, we have a lot of different and better arguments. You do not. Suck it up, buttercup.
No...you don't have better arguments...the puerile, dumbstuff is the best any of you have ever produced.
Actually the, "orbiting monkeys giving the finger & dogs farting causing the wind" is on the higher end of the quality scale of the arguments y'all put forth.

As far as "sucking it up"...I have no issues that would require that. That would be you, et al, that need to suck it up.
I'm Theist. I'm not the one on the Belief Forum for years, putting up tens of thousands of posts whining about Theological Beliefs.
And, since I find the ridiculousness of that to be amusing & entertaining, I hope you never stop.
If you stopped, that would probably cause me some disappointment that I would have to suck up & cope with.
But I don't hafta worry about that...y'all are too tweaked out, obsessed & compelled to ever stop.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:31 AM

51,007 posts, read 24,507,624 times
Quote:
No...you don't have better arguments...the puerile, dumbstuff is the best any of you have ever produced.
Actually the, "orbiting monkeys giving the finger & dogs farting causing the wind" is on the higher end of the quality scale of the arguments y'all put forth.

As far as "sucking it up"...I have no issues that would require that. That would be you, et al, that need to suck it up.
I'm Theist. I'm not the one on the Belief Forum for years, putting up tens of thousands of posts whining about Theological Beliefs.
And, since I find the ridiculousness of that to be amusing & entertaining, I hope you never stop.
If you stopped, that would probably cause me some disappointment that I would have to suck up & cope with.
But I don't hafta worry about that...y'all are too tweaked out, obsessed & compelled to ever stop.
The first mistake you make is thinking this is a "belief forum".

It's a discussion forum. Go to the main page of the forum and look at the various sub-forum titles" automotive, aviation, caregiving, entertainment, fashion, gardening, moving issues, history, hobbies, immigration, pets, photography, real estate, retirement, travel, wealth. etc. These are not "beliefs". These are categories of topics to discuss, ask questions, state pros and cons. Once again, you seem to be one of the posters that thinks this is a praise forum. It's not.

There are a number of pantheism forums on the internet. There are various praise forums on the internet.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The first mistake you make is thinking this is a "belief forum".

It's a discussion forum. Go to the main page of the forum and look at the various sub-forum titles" automotive, aviation, caregiving, entertainment, fashion, gardening, moving issues, history, hobbies, immigration, pets, photography, real estate, retirement, travel, wealth. etc. These are not "beliefs". These are categories of topics to discuss, ask questions, state pros and cons. Once again, you seem to be one of the posters that thinks this is a praise forum. It's not.

There are a number of pantheism forums on the internet. There are various praise forums on the internet.
Any forum titled "Religion and Spirituality" would (typically and reasonably) be a forum predicated upon Religious & Spiritual beliefs.
That this forum, titled "Religion and Spirituality", uniquely has so much content that is contrary (even fervently opposed) to the title subject of Religious & Spiritual beliefs, is what makes it so amusing and entertaining.
How many other of the General Forums have a large amount of the content insulting and mocking the title subject and those interested in it and discussing it?

Old 05-13-2021, 08:53 AM

16,822 posts, read 5,027,893 times
Quote:
Bayes, logic, history and science. Perhaps those arguments are too intellectual for you?

Quote:

Well, you do have to lie for your beliefs.

Quote:
Neither are we.

Quote:
Ironic projection.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:38 AM

51,007 posts, read 24,507,624 times
Quote:
Any forum titled "Religion and Spirituality" would (typically and reasonably) be a forum predicated upon Religious & Spiritual beliefs.
That this forum, titled "Religion and Spirituality", uniquely has so much content that is contrary (even fervently opposed) to the title subject of Religious & Spiritual beliefs, is what makes it so amusing and entertaining.
How many other of the General Forums have a large amount of the content insulting and mocking the title subject and those interested in it and discussing it?
Apparently the owner of the forum, as represented by his moderators, disagrees with you.

Perhaps you should start your own forum or find one that operates in the way you want it to. If you do a Google search you can find several such forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality