Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2022, 12:09 PM

50,943 posts, read 24,450,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
this has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing.

you have yet to discern between the Nameless and the named.
what you describe and focus on is just the named.

the Nameless precedes the named. the named springs from and dissolves back into the Nameless.

the end point of growth is death. always has been always will be whether it is growth and death of a person, a tree, a brain, a species, a planet. "cells in a brain" outcome and natural endpoint is the organism dies including the cells and the brain. "evolution of species" outcome and natural endpoint is the species dies. "planets, sun, universe" outcome and natural endpoint same thing it all dies. those are the named. that is its endpoint and limitation death and dissolution.

the Nameless precedes that. and continues on. after all the named are dead and gone.
woo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 12:51 PM

63,916 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I think you have studied all the esoteric texts available to you and have seen the truth. But you are unable to let go of your Christian indoctrination about a creator god and feel guilt and fear about letting go of it completely. You are trying unsuccessfully, and forever, to reconcile the two and fit it into your paradigm of some kind of science, Jesus, God, and you are and failing and flailing. I dont know who you trying to impress.
Quite unnecessary. Just embrace the Oneness that Jesus has already taught you. Ponder the kingdom of god that is, and always will be, within you. Realize that is what you are, the Oneness that you call God. Dont divide yourself from it. Feel the limitless presence that you are and be in it at peace. Consider yourself blessed. Remove anger and practice silence.
I think you forgot that I was NOT indoctrinated into Christianity. I rejected it completely early on as an atheist. I had also rejected much of the esoteric nonsense that was the source of Buddhism as "woo" long before my encounter!! I adopted Christianity because the descriptions of the "mind of Christ" resonated with the consciousness I encountered in deep meditation. The "woo" is unchanged and remains "woo," IMO.

PS: I am indoctrinated to Reality which is inescapable. I am at peace and consider myself blessed. I just refuse to countenance absolute nonsense.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 04-25-2022 at 12:59 PM..

Old 04-25-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
this has nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing.

you have yet to discern between the Nameless and the named.
what you describe and focus on is just the named.

the Nameless precedes the named. the named springs from and dissolves back into the Nameless.

the end point of growth is death. always has been always will be whether it is growth and death of a person, a tree, a brain, a species, a planet. "cells in a brain" outcome and natural endpoint is the organism dies including the cells and the brain. "evolution of species" outcome and natural endpoint is the species dies. "planets, sun, universe" outcome and natural endpoint same thing it all dies. those are the named. that is its endpoint and limitation death and dissolution.

the Nameless precedes that. and continues on. after all the named are dead and gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Hard to argue this too...

That there between the nameless and the named can also mean just about anything. Where the freedom to believe whatever we like is used like a shopper who has won a shopping spree at Macy's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
woo
LearnMe and Phet, on this "woo" we are in complete agreement.

Old 04-25-2022, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
LearnMe and Phet, on this "woo" we are in complete agreement.
And I just want to point out something I've said before. To my mind there's nothing wrong with a little woo. But some people let woo overwhelm them and the way in which they think.

Old 04-25-2022, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And I just want to point out something I've said before. To my mind, there's nothing wrong with a little woo. But some people let woo overwhelm them and the way in which they think.
There is a difference between accepting the existence of "woo" versus crossing the line and embracing insanity, Phet.

Old 04-25-2022, 01:38 PM

Quote:
There is a difference between accepting the existence of "woo" versus crossing the line and embracing insanity, Phet.
LOL. I've mentioned this before about going to a lecture on numerology. I just thought it would be an interesting topic. Some of the people were just so obsessed with it that it invaded practically everything they said and did.

Old 04-25-2022, 01:49 PM

16,053 posts, read 7,074,593 times
Quote:
I think you forgot that I was NOT indoctrinated into Christianity. I rejected it completely early on as an atheist. I had also rejected much of the esoteric nonsense that was the source of Buddhism as "woo" long before my encounter!! I adopted Christianity because the descriptions of the "mind of Christ" resonated with the consciousness I encountered in deep meditation. The "woo" is unchanged and remains "woo," IMO.

PS: I am indoctrinated to Reality which is inescapable. I am at peace and consider myself blessed. I just refuse to countenance absolute nonsense.
Isn't it obvious that Jesus resonated with you because he was your first introduction to divinity? Which is fine, just acknowledge that simple fact.

Old 04-25-2022, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Isn't it obvious that Jesus resonated with you because he was your first introduction to divinity? Which is fine, just acknowledge that simple fact.
I not only acknowledge that fact, I fully embrace it and all its implications. The concept of God was so foreign to my young, arrogant, zealous, Buddhist, physically-oriented martial artist self that it took immense intellectual effort over decades to acclimate me to it despite its unmistakable experiential reality. I do not easily accept things that defy my intellect (there are very few things that do).

Old 04-25-2022, 06:34 PM

22,365 posts, read 19,288,324 times
Quote:
I not only acknowledge that fact, I fully embrace it and all its implications. The concept of God was so foreign to my young, arrogant, zealous, Buddhist, physically-oriented martial artist self that it took immense intellectual effort over decades to acclimate me to it despite its unmistakable experiential reality. I do not easily accept things that defy my intellect (there are very few things that do).
it appears the coping mechanism used for that which exceeds your intellect is to label it as "nonsense" "insanity" "woo" "ignorant" "irrational blather."

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-25-2022 at 06:46 PM..

Old 04-25-2022, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
it appears the coping mechanism used for that which exceeds your intellect is to label it as "nonsense" "insanity" "woo" "ignorant" "irrational blather."
Not so, Tzaph. Very little defies my intellectual grasp. I only use those words when they accurately describe the content they refer to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality