Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 07:15 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Simply repeating refuted arguments does not suddenly make them true.
Simply saying the arguments are refuted doesn't make them so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So can we get drunk during Ramadan or not?
Well, I can drink anytime I want to.

Old 04-24-2022, 07:24 AM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Simply saying the arguments are refuted doesn't make them so.
Correct, but I am not going to point to stellar spectrum* one again, only for you to run away again.

* Information created by non-intelligence.

Old 04-24-2022, 08:07 AM

9,170 posts, read 6,208,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
Not believing in God is as low-risk as not believing in Lamashtu.

And your average ten-year old can see through the 'logic' of Pascal's Wager.

Eye Rolls; the fall back position of the teen age girl.

And without Pascal, how would you ever be able to expand a polynomial?

Old 04-24-2022, 08:19 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Correct, but I am not going to point to stellar spectrum* one again, only for you to run away again.

* Information created by non-intelligence.
Likewise, my patience and time are limited to keep repeating all the arguments which are dismissed but certainly not refuted.

Old 04-24-2022, 08:27 AM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
Likewise, my patience and time are limited to keep repeating all the arguments which are dismissed but certainly not refuted.
Yet you took time to post about something that does not happen, AND you took time to repeat your usual claims on a thread that has nothing to do with your claims.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:22 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,093,279 times
Quote:
Just look in a mirror. You really think all that "evolved" from slime? DNA, which is more complex than any computer code ever written, is just the tip of the iceberg. DNA is information, which we know only comes from an intelligent source. But a book written in Chinese is also information. Yet it's totally unintelligible to me, and thus useless. So to build a body, you need not only information, but a way to interpret that information. And that's where these amazing molecular machines comes into play. And building a body is not enough - these molecular machines have to do their work nonstop to sustain life. Also, consider your own consciousness. Random molecules cannot be conscious of anything, regardless of how they're arranged and how they interact.

So Muslims are correct to see all of this and conclude that God exists. However, Islam is not the truth. Ultimately, all efforts by Muslims to be right with God through law keeping, good works, religious observances, etc., will be in vain. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I am saved by grace, not works.
For the bold part above, if one continues to ponder logically and philosophically then the question arises,

What’s the point of life and energy, resources, intelligence and most importantly, a certain amount of time limit given to you?

You can kill, loot, rape etc but you are still going to Heaven because Jesus has already died for your sins, and his grace has saved you. Technically speaking, this should be true for your faith as it’s not based on works, no?

But fact of the matter is,
If you TRULY believed that you are already saved and a red carpet cosmic welcome is awaiting, then you would’ve prayed to God to take away your life. You would’ve not spent a single day here on earth, rather you would’ve liked to enjoy the eternal bliss of paradise where there is absolutely no worry of any sort.

You may come back n say, but I love my cat or dog, lol, but then again, it shouldn’t matter because no matter what, there is no worry of any sort in Heaven. You will get your cats n dogs there too. Who knows?

The truth is, you, I and no one else in the world doesn't really “know” that they are saved or not. And that’s a fact!

Per Islamic theology, having faith in God, we can simply try our best to do good works and avoid doing evil works, and hope for the best. This is a pretty logical assertion to me, otherwise there is no point of my life if I knew that I am already saved or already doomed for hell. Life would be just a waste of time and resources and unnecessary delay for the enviable to happen.

Again,
No one actually “knows” empirically as to what’s after death. And that’s an undeniable fact!
All we have is intelligence, resources, and time, that we should try to put to a good use by doing good, and try to avoid the evil - and then hope for the best for the hereafter.

Old 04-24-2022, 09:29 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,093,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
RAMADAN means nothing to me.

More should drink in the month RAMADAN

There is no god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
Since there is no God, there is no problem.
Looks like you were already drunk when you posted this.
There is no question or any invitation to discuss anything in the OP.

Just like billions of others, you drink regardless of anyone else’s faith

And who gives a flying flock about it?

Old 04-24-2022, 09:50 AM

88,625 posts, read 84,875,076 times
The last post seems to be the perfect place to end this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality