Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 11:07 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,093,125 times

Advertisements

To take out your checkbook and do what you can to help the human beings in the Philippines who are victims of a natural disaster.

I challenge you to do it, because it is the right thing to do. People are displaced, starving, injured, and supplies are running out.
I challenge you to look up your favorite charity, Red Cross, CARE, Catholic charities, and many others to find out how and where to send a check in.
Every donation of a few dollars adds up.

I have already written a check.

I bring this up and post it on the religion and spirituality section as an appeal to the religious the humanists those who care about making our world a better place.

Involvement is optional this is not an obligation, this is a challenge. Do you have the strength to put your money where your beliefs are, as so many others have done.

These are, after all, human beings. These are people who have hopes, dreams, fears, ideas, aspirations and love of their families just as we do. They are victims of nature. If we care, we can prove it.
And we do, and we will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2013, 11:11 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,401,123 times
Nice intention.

I must say, I don't need a challenge to send money to those in need, however.
But, some here might. Good job.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:12 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Donated to the Red Cross Friday night.

https://www.redcross.org/donate/inde...Id=prod4650031

Old 11-10-2013, 11:40 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,662,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Donated to the Red Cross Friday night.

https://www.redcross.org/donate/inde...Id=prod4650031

As did I.. And my family....

Old 11-10-2013, 12:10 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,093,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Nice intention.

I must say, I don't need a challenge to send money to those in need, however.
But, some here might. Good job.
Whatever it takes, to get the message across

Old 11-10-2013, 12:20 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,282,368 times
Good post OP.

Whenever there is a major disaster, the company I work for sends out an email asking if anyone wants to make a donation to the Red Cross or whoever is handling the disaster. We just reply and they will take it out of our pay and match it.

All companies should do this, if they can. It takes away any effort on our part and people are more likely to give if they don't have to do anything. Sad, but true.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:32 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,093,918 times
I am not permitted to allow even my left hand to know what and to who my right hand gives.

I will just say my heart is at Wounded Knee on the Pine Ridge Oglala Reservation.

Old 11-10-2013, 12:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
As the days pass and the full scope of the tragedy is realized a number of very worthy organizations will be asking for donations. There is going to be TREMENDOUS need among the people of the Philippines. (It's been my experience that they are a loving, giving people themselves.) I join in urging people to give what they can.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:34 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
To take out your checkbook and do what you can to help the human beings in the Philippines who are victims of a natural disaster.

I challenge you to do it, because it is the right thing to do. People are displaced, starving, injured, and supplies are running out.
I challenge you to look up your favorite charity, Red Cross, CARE, Catholic charities, and many others to find out how and where to send a check in.
Every donation of a few dollars adds up.

I have already written a check.

I bring this up and post it on the religion and spirituality section as an appeal to the religious the humanists those who care about making our world a better place.

Involvement is optional this is not an obligation, this is a challenge. Do you have the strength to put your money where your beliefs are, as so many others have done.

These are, after all, human beings. These are people who have hopes, dreams, fears, ideas, aspirations and love of their families just as we do. They are victims of nature. If we care, we can prove it.
And we do, and we will.
I don't believe in altruism. If a person in front of me asks for money, I'll hand some out, maybe.

But there is no moral need to help others. We are afterall, all gonna die, and death might bring a relief from pain in nothingness, a better world, or a new rebirth. So, how do we know it isn't for the better not to help others in this life?

Old 11-10-2013, 05:38 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Every month, I donate to my Church's Humanitarian Fund, whether there's a need at that moment for my funds or not. The LDS Church will undoubtedly step in as soon as humanly possible with food, clothing and medical supplies for those affected by this natural disaster, and 100% of the donations will go to help those who are in need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality