Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,350,525 times

Advertisements

Do you think you will see your loved ones up there? I do. I was told our souls with be there and we could feel their presence? I hope I see my parents IN PERSON up there!! hmm.............
I picture running in fields and then getting to see all of your deceased family members.................and be happy forever with God,etc..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 08:00 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,982 times
I imagine heaven as being the best that earth could have ever offered plus much much more. A place of joy, peace, love, harmony. No more death, no more crying - an amazing place.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:05 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,523,795 times
God in all his wisdom knew that we would suffer grief over and over for the loss of our loved ones..Even His son suffered grief and tears over his beloved friend Lazarus, and he (Jesus was perfect) yet he had to experience what mankind does.. Perhaps Jesus left us wondering about the beauty and joy of heaven as a way of self comfort..He only told us that he was going to prepare a place for us that our human minds could not comprehend the wonders he was preparing..It has been a comfort many times to me when I was in deep grief to imagine a joyful reunion with all my family somewhere that knows no saddness or pain..

Beyond the Sunset
Beyond the sunset, O blissful morning. When with our Saviour heaven's begun.
Earth's toiling ended, O glorious dawning
Beyond the sunset when day is done.
Beyond the sunset, no clouds will gather.
No storms will threaten, no fears annoy.
O day of gladness, O day unending.
Beyond the sunset eternal joy.

Beyond the sunset, a hand will guide me,
To God the Father whom I adore.
His glorious presence, His words of welcome,
Will be my portion on that fair shore.
Beyond the sunset, O glad reunion,
With our dear loved ones who've gone before,
In that fair homeland we'll know no parting.
Beyond the sunset forever more.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,406,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Do you think you will see your loved ones up there? I do. I was told our souls with be there and we could feel their presence? I hope I see my parents IN PERSON up there!! hmm.............
I picture running in fields and then getting to see all of your deceased family members.................and be happy forever with God,etc..
Yes I believe we know everyone who is there and it will be a beautiful reunion.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:01 PM

553 posts, read 568,948 times
One long, eternal, boring church service but if you're talking about the Muslim heaven, then bring on the virgins!

Old 07-15-2008, 11:53 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,941,954 times
I like me some virgins, I wonder where they get so many though?

My view of heaven(assuming it exists) wouldn't have what we would recognize as a consciousness. It's like imagining yourself as a single palisade cell on a leaf

Old 07-16-2008, 12:42 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,845,101 times
My view of heaven !
I am still thinking about it and I am muslim.

Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,624,286 times
My view of heaven is that it will, indeed, be beautiful, because God will bring all things, including people, back into balance. He will not lose any part of his creation, and it will be a true reunion, both with our Creator, and with one another. I leave the details in his hands, but I have no doubt that it will be a wonderous thing, (though I do believe that there will be plenty of animals, and perhaps I'll get my little cabin by a creek, so I can go fishing anytime I like).

Old 07-16-2008, 08:23 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,941,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
My view of heaven is that it will, indeed, be beautiful, because God will bring all things, including people, back into balance. He will not lose any part of his creation, and it will be a true reunion, both with our Creator, and with one another. I leave the details in his hands, but I have no doubt that it will be a wonderous thing, (though I do believe that there will be plenty of animals, and perhaps I'll get my little cabin by a creek, so I can go fishing anytime I like).
perhaps one day if it's not too much trouble you could teach me how to fish.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:32 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,442,034 times
When I went to heaven I had a shock! It was very different than what I imagined heaven to be.

At first I thought that I was just on earth, because there was trees and parks and people and houses. But it felt very different. Everyone had a smile on their face and everyone was content. When you walked up to someone they were happy you came over to them. When you left they were happy that you were moving on. It was a strange experience. In heaven you can touch people and feel being touched. In heaven I saw people of all races. I was interested in groups of Indians with their head dresses. They were very majestic looking, regal and stoic, but still with a smile on their faces.

In heaven I found people talked less than on earth, but still talked. When you approached people you could feel their emotions so some of what we need communication for, like to say I'm tired, irritated, bored... etc. are not needed in heaven. In fact you don't need to say I'm happy because joy exudes from everything. You can't say your bored because there is so many things to do, yet you alway feel content were ever you are. You don't even care to move, just sit and enjoy joy for a while. I did irritate an angel who was there. I felt his irritation, because I was arguing with him. Us mortals who get to go to heaven probably do cause these kinds of problems because we still have all these worldly issues we have to deal with. The main problem is not wanting to leave which is what I remember the issue to be about.

Houses in heaven are similar to a house on earth except that they don't have things like bathrooms, beadrooms, even kitchens are different then how we use them on earth. In heaven you don't have to use the washroom, or sleep. You never tire but you can sit down and I always could find somewhere to sit. Also the objects in the houses were different than on earth. Some objects were games some were things of interest. I remember picking something up in my hand. I can't say what it was because there in no earthly reference. But, it did fit in my hand and when you looked closely at it there was millions of intricate things to examine. I think that this one object I could look at for thousands of hours and still keep looking. It was almost see through and I could look at it into a microscopic relm. Like I could see its atoms.

In heaven their are children and the children play. The children are content and I saw them looking at objects at times, like the one, I tried to discribe above. The would be intensely looking but I could still talk to them and they would stop and make eye contact with me.

I love heaven and I will return one day. There are so many things in heaven I do not have enough time to describe them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality