Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:28 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad120 View Post
Hi, and good morning ChristyGrl,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. Please note that I am new to this forum, and I am still learning how to respond to other people's posts; and to find mine...smile!

Now to your question (the reason for the disconnect is due, I believe, to a belief in a God...a creator, outside of ourselves...somewhere in space...in a place called heaven, a heaven external to ourselves). When we are taught that our Source is outside of ourselves....which then causes us to adopt a belief in " lack and separation." Not only do we believe that we are separate from our Source-God, we also adopt the view that we are separate from each other.

To illiminate this idea, and or concept of separation, we need to redefine what we believe relative to our concept of the omnipresence of God, or Spirit. I believe that there is only one "Presence", and that One Presence is what we call God... There is not a place where this One Presence is not Present. Therefore, it must be in all places, and in everyone. Therefore, if that is true, and I believe that it is....then we are all connected through this One Source-this One Presence...we call God.

However, far too many of us are not consciously aware of our interconnectedness. Therefore, we live our lives as if we are not connected....hurting and abusing one another.... how sad and unfortunate it is, for us to live in mind with thoughts of separation. our thoughts are reflected in our behaviors-towards ourselves and others.

sorry for the long post.
I am in total agreement with you. I believe the teaching that we have to look outside ourselves for God/creator/the source is detrimental to us all for we will never find true connectedness with one another as long as we continue to search outside ourselves for something that is found within.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad120 View Post
Hi, and good morning ChristyGrl,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. Please note that I am new to this forum, and I am still learning how to respond to other people's posts; and to find mine...smile!

Now to your question (the reason for the disconnect is due, I believe, to a belief in a God...a creator, outside of ourselves...somewhere in space...in a place called heaven, a heaven external to ourselves). When we are taught that our Source is outside of ourselves....which then causes us to adopt a belief in " lack and separation." Not only do we believe that we are separate from our Source-God, we also adopt the view that we are separate from each other.

To illiminate this idea, and or concept of separation, we need to redefine what we believe relative to our concept of the omnipresence of God, or Spirit. I believe that there is only one "Presence", and that One Presence is what we call God... There is not a place where this One Presence is not Present. Therefore, it must be in all places, and in everyone. Therefore, if that is true, and I believe that it is....then we are all connected through this One Source-this One Presence...we call God.

However, far too many of us are not consciously aware of our interconnectedness. Therefore, we live our lives as if we are not connected....hurting and abusing one another.... how sad and unfortunate it is, for us to live in mind with thoughts of separation. our thoughts are reflected in our behaviors-towards ourselves and others.

sorry for the long post.
I think you really nailed it here. Once we all have the awareness that we are all one and the same with God, or the Universe, and with each other, then there will be no more illusion of separateness, no more desire to harm, no more space for unconsciousness to fill because that space will have been filled instead with consciousness and love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality