Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 04:21 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,467 times

Advertisements

Rapture is a man-man, poor theology, concoction. When Jesus comes, there will be trumpets blaring.

Here's a comment from another forum from exKwajman added to the Catholic Church Teaching - BeliefNet.com on January 6, 2001 at 10 a.m.

He writes:

As was pointed out so well, the "rapture" business is new to Christianity, and I would go so far as to say that accepting it as being the suddenly-discovered "correct" interpretation of Scripture after 1800 years is a bit presumptuous. Jesus said that He would send His Spirit to lead us into all truth, which He did at Pentecost; why, then, did the Holy Spirit fail to do His job, and leave us uninformed about this "rapture" until now? And then allow it to be "revealed" through some who-on-earth-is-that evangelist?
Many of these wild doctrines came out of the frantic revivalism of that late 19th-century period, which also produced the Fox sisters (spiritualism) and Mormonism (Smith). Jesus did not say He would build His Church on the foundation of individual revelations, but on one rock. Obviously, where that rock is ignored, the Gates of Hell can prevail.

I liked it so much, I decided why reword it, there it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 05:09 PM

932 posts, read 1,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
Not sure. But I do know that if it does, there are going to be a helluva lot of surprised-looking Christians still walking around.
isn't that the truth! lol

Yes, I believe (obviously) that it will happen.l No, I do not know when

I forget what the last question was! lol

Old 02-25-2008, 07:23 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Muslims can be any culture and race. There are 20 million Chinese Muslims. There also African-American Muslims, Caucasian Muslims, Japanese muslims...

Jews can also be any culture or race. There is a difference between ethnic Jew and religious Judaism.
You took the words out of my mouth! I am an Ashkenazi Jew, with roots in Poland and the Ukraine... my best friend is an English Jew, and I've also known Vietnamese Jews (they were adopted, though), Mexican Jews, and I met a WHOLE group of Ethiopian Jews when I was in Israel. So while it's definitely more cultural & blood-inherited than Christianity, Judaism & Islam are still religions - and thus we can be from any number of ethnic groups.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:06 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
In addition, Christianity is hardly a "white peoples" religion! There are about 2 billion Christians on this planet and I believe whites(so-called)only account for a little less than a third of that 2 billion.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:48 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,036,479 times
I believe that Christ's second coming is the second coming. No seperate rapture, tribulation, judgement, etc...

Old 02-25-2008, 11:06 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post
I'm happy you're at peace, and that isn't pathetic. You will have a wonderful life on Earth with such a great attitude. I mean that.

My comment to YapCity was referring to his remark about Hell. It was profoundly sad to me.

Your comment is not sad to me. Do you detect the difference in the two posts?
I read a quote once (and Imust paraphrase it here, because I can't for the life of me find the proper quote).

It was something along the lines of:

'Assuming that Heaven and Hell actually exist, I would much rather go to the latter than the former. In heaven, I would have the company of saints, priests and other such 'goodly' folk, while in Hell I would enjoy the company of politicians, rock stars and famous authors'.

While you're taking YapCity to task for a humorous and slightly ironic comment, I'm chuckling at the humor and enjoying the irony.

It's in learning to laugh at ourselves that we truly understand life's mysteries.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:22 AM

43 posts, read 125,228 times
Quote:
I thought god loves everyone, equally and unconditionally
God does love everyone but the question is do people love God or just claiming??

Do they follow his guidance??

In case they don't know or not sure about his guidance, do they search properly to find his guidance??

The Majority DO NOT!!

and in this case anything can happen to them.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 AM

131 posts, read 312,870 times
Wudnt it be quite amusing if there was a day, but god came and took all the athiests into heaven because he knew we wudnt be constantly talking/bothering him and asking for his advice/forgiveness

Old 02-26-2008, 12:05 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,311,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racket View Post
Wudnt it be quite amusing if there was a day, but god came and took all the athiests into heaven because he knew we wudnt be constantly talking/bothering him and asking for his advice/forgiveness
Sorta like how celebrities get tired of constantly being around fans and groupies?

Old 02-26-2008, 12:06 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racket View Post
That would be funny, but I wouldn't like it. Heaven seems like a boring place. I don't believe in heaven or hell, but either one can be hell when you think about it. If they are real, wouldn't heaven be a hell if you made it but your family didn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality